Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JoeZ vs F-Sport Intake LOUDNESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 07:33 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JoeZ vs F-Sport Intake LOUDNESS

Ok, both owners pls give me your input. which one is louder? and how difference is the loudness?

I'm thinking of getting JoeZ but some said no significant increase in loudness at all. F-Sport: I dunno, I suppose it's louder than JoeZ..

For check engine light issue, both have no problem, clear

Pricing wise, I dont want to talk about it. I know there are huge difference in price

What I'm really interested is the SOUND they produce, esp at flooring.
Old 04-25-08, 07:39 PM
ghettoaww
Lead Lap

I've never heard the Joe Z but after reading many posts I believe the difference in sound obviously comes from the new airbox. So if you have no need for $200 stickers just grab a Joe Z and drill some holes in your airbox. I am content with the sound and performance (i hope it's real) of my f-sport.
Old 04-25-08, 07:57 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghettoaww
I've never heard the Joe Z but after reading many posts I believe the difference in sound obviously comes from the new airbox. So if you have no need for $200 stickers just grab a Joe Z and drill some holes in your airbox. I am content with the sound and performance (i hope it's real) of my f-sport.
we live in California... it isn't unlikely for a cop to pull someone with modifications over and pop the hood... so i guess he will need a 200 sticker haha
Old 04-25-08, 09:19 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

i just installed my Joe Z the other day....

Sound isn't to different but i kinda like it, it seems a lot more smoother, Once i hit it hard you can hear it alot better and it sounds GREAT! gains in power? for me i can deffinaly feel like it has more power!

I LOVE JOE Z!

if some how i got the air box form the f sport... i'm pretty sure i'll Love the Joe Z even more hahahaha

Oh.... and i didn;t get a diffrent fliter i got the joe z when the gb ended.... but i'll be getting one soon..!

Last edited by Tommy350; 04-25-08 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-25-08, 11:17 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also installed Joez intake. Any significant changes? throttle is a bit more sharp. Sound, only noticeable when im at WOT. Other sound difference is almost none, near stock quiet when driven normally.
Old 04-30-08, 06:08 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

bump for more opinions
Old 04-30-08, 06:14 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the JOE-Z intake on my GS350. Under normal driving the sound is normal. Once in WOT is louder and definately feel more responsive. I'm not gonna start saying that i gain any HP, because i dunno and i havent dyno my car yet. I'll definately say it feels a tad bit increase in performace.

Trending Topics

Old 05-01-08, 01:05 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Still waiting on those dyno's & impressions of people whove had both JOEZ & FSPORT.
Old 05-01-08, 02:11 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pivo154
Still waiting on those dyno's & impressions of people whove had both JOEZ & FSPORT.
Don't think many people have coughed up the $400 for the F-Sport yet (and I don't blame them!)
Old 05-01-08, 03:26 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

I know of at least 6 people =) Its 310 BTW. Factor in the JoeZ at 119 plus a filter for another 40 & a custom airbox like the FSport one & Im sure the cost would be close to the FSport.
Old 05-01-08, 04:14 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

I have the JoeZ I orginally choose it cause I didnt want hassles with cops and aftermarket mods. it looks factory. there isnt too much a noise change, noticeable only at wot. gives the engine a nice growl, you want a difference in sound, i know k&n and fujita will significantly be noticeable. Cant comment on the F-sport. but at over half the cost I think JoeZ is great. everyone who has one has no complains. fyi in CA there are cops who pull vehicles over for aftermarket mods. I was pulled because of my tanabe 2 months ago

Last edited by iialcii; 05-02-08 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 06:37 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pivo154
I know of at least 6 people =) Its 310 BTW. Factor in the JoeZ at 119 plus a filter for another 40 & a custom airbox like the FSport one & Im sure the cost would be close to the FSport.
This is precisely how I made the decision on going with the F-Sport. I did the same math as you, and figured I'd rather spend the diff. and get an accessory built/warranted directly by Lexus.

This in no way undermines JoeZ's piece, which looks awesome and is of the highest quality.
Old 05-01-08, 06:51 PM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by myculito
This is precisely how I made the decision on going with the F-Sport. I did the same math as you, and figured I'd rather spend the diff. and get an accessory built/warranted directly by Lexus.

This in no way undermines JoeZ's piece, which looks awesome and is of the highest quality.
you dont need the air filter or the "custom airbox" theres no additional gain from either
Old 05-02-08, 12:18 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextasy89
you dont need the air filter or the "custom airbox" theres no additional gain from either
+1

Dynos have shown that the airfilters (K&N, HKS, etc) don't produce any of the gains the manufacturers claim.
Old 05-02-08, 01:12 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
+1

Dynos have shown that the airfilters (K&N, HKS, etc) don't produce any of the gains the manufacturers claim.
hopefully the F-Sport airbox is going to add some horsies

back to topic.. F-sport ppl and those who have heard both intake sounds, pls chime in. tell us how different the sounds from the two intakes

Quick Reply: JoeZ vs F-Sport Intake LOUDNESS