Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

unorthodox crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-02, 05:29 PM
yoturk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unorthodox crank pulley

does anyone have one installed,any real hp gains,any problems,any thoughts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 02-08-02, 08:53 AM
v300
Lead Lap

You're basically decreasing the rotational intertia of the crank pulley releasing a good 7-9 horsepower. By the way, the pulley weighs less than a pound and is built better than the factory pulley. Nothing else in the car changes.

If you're interested I have a brand new one for sale for the 2JZ-GE.
Old 02-08-02, 09:41 AM
hubbard316
Pole Position

I have a whole set of pulleys for sale if your interested. PM me about the details or just check the classified section.
Old 02-27-02, 03:26 PM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Default Re: unorthodox crank pulley

Originally posted by yoturk
does anyone have one installed,any real hp gains,any problems,any thoughts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
By the way bro don't use the crank pulley it will destroy your motor. The stock pulley has a rubber dampener which keeps vibration from getting to the crank and bearings the unorthodox pulley’s do not have this so it transfers all the vibration into the crank eventually ruining the crank and bearings.
Old 02-27-02, 03:38 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

is there a way to get around that
when the crank is gone
just get a new higher performance one , that could take the vibrations

you would think a company would test their products to make sure they will wokr
why dont they just make it so theirs has a damener??
Old 02-27-02, 04:03 PM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by trudremz16
is there a way to get around that
when the crank is gone
just get a new higher performance one , that could take the vibrations

you would think a company would test their products to make sure they will wokr
why dont they just make it so theirs has a damener??
I can't seem to find it now but a while back Unorthodox had a warning on their site about the pulleys reducing the life of the motor.
Old 02-28-02, 05:07 PM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I found from their website.

7) "Will the underdrive pulleys cause my engine to have premature bearing wear ?"
This is a fear many prospective owners have and it is a valid concern since we are dealing directly with the rotating assembly. It is, however, a fear with no basis in fact. Today's modern small displacement 4 and 6 cylinder engines do not require harmonic dampers in the traditional sense.

Due to the design of our pulleys, both the smaller diameter and the significantly lighter weight, they are significantly better for longevity of the rotating assembly of your engine. The pulleys relieve unnecessary stresses inflicted upon your engine by the larger and significantly heavier stock unit, which has more harmful leverage upon the crank/eccentric shaft to which it is affixed
Old 02-28-02, 11:04 PM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by Shinchan
Here is what I found from their website.

7) "Will the underdrive pulleys cause my engine to have premature bearing wear ?"
This is a fear many prospective owners have and it is a valid concern since we are dealing directly with the rotating assembly. It is, however, a fear with no basis in fact. Today's modern small displacement 4 and 6 cylinder engines do not require harmonic dampers in the traditional sense.

Due to the design of our pulleys, both the smaller diameter and the significantly lighter weight, they are significantly better for longevity of the rotating assembly of your engine. The pulleys relieve unnecessary stresses inflicted upon your engine by the larger and significantly heavier stock unit, which has more harmful leverage upon the crank/eccentric shaft to which it is affixed
Can you link me to that cause i found nothing like that on their site and infact have seen the opposite, there are also a couple of guys i know that have seen the damage caused by these pulleys first hand.
Old 03-01-02, 03:48 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the link:

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/faq_pulleys.html
Old 03-01-02, 11:20 PM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by Shinchan
Here is the link:

http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/faq_pulleys.html
I will get back to you on this give me a couple of day i will let SC300 turbo and IS300GTE comment on it and link you back to it. because they used to have a warning about engine life and such, which is gone now. i do have a really good memory so i'm sure i didn't make a misstake.
Old 03-02-02, 11:58 AM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

Exclamation

Ok take a look at this i post that info and these two guys like i knew they would have responded, because they both have seen first hand what these pulleys do to your motor.

I just want to warn anyone wanting these parts that will mess up their ride, if you still want them after reading this go right a head but you've been warned.

http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php...8159&forum=2&3
check it out respond there or here, however if you respond there likly SC300turbo and Is300GTE will respond to your questions or comments, this could be a good thing or a bad thing both these guys know there **** inside and out.

Hope this helps someone!!!