Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just installed F-Sport Intake! My Opinion (+GFX Front Lip)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-08, 11:13 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

joez

Old 05-14-08, 11:35 AM
Rican219
Rookie

ANy Minute mine will be delivered
Old 05-14-08, 11:56 AM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the plate frame we had custom made at our dealership, they run about $50 each i believe. it also comes in a plain chrome with "f sport" in black font (same font face).

the f-sport intake pipe is essentially the same design as the joe-z. lexus f-sport (backed by trd) wouldn't try to release a part that was worse than the aftermarket available for our vehicles. so considering joe-z's product has been nominated as one of the best aftermarket pipes available for our vehicle, naturally lexus would also follow with a similar design because it's shown the best results. maybe they studied the design and realized "this is awesome" or they came up with it on their own, which eventually looked just like the joe-z pipe. maybe two great minds thinking alike? f-sport doesnt just put things together, they test and engineer their products for satisfying results.

the only reason i went with f-sport is because of the filter, air-box, and warranty. i was considering getting a joe-z for the longest time because it's cost-efficient and gets excellent reviews, but after finding my employee price on the f-sport intake system, i settled with f-sport. also, no one at my dealership has heard the f-sport intake or exhaust, so i thought id take a step and let our fellow employees get a taste of what it sounds like. we've already tested the wheels and shocks on a rwd is250, and it feels excellent.

ill most likely end up settling with the HKS Hi-Power because of the price difference between F-Sport and HKS. of course id love to spend the extra money for the f-sport exhaust, but its money i dont have that id be trying to spend

ps. sorry brian, the tube isnt sold separately, you have to buy the whole system

Last edited by javyLSU; 05-14-08 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-14-08, 12:27 PM
Mr.JPG
Pole Position

Is there away to order the plate holder from the dealer website?
Old 05-14-08, 12:47 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ihkskim
the fsport looks just like rebadged Joe-z
Yeah, we know. We've had this discussion ad nauseum in the F-Sport announcement thread. There are minor differences in the intake box itself, in addition to a second air opening.

Javier
Old 05-14-08, 07:32 PM
K5KRAZIE
Driver School Candidate

Not sure what dealer you work at but the one here in Bellevue wasn't going to sell me the f-sport springs for my 250 awd. So seeing as this is our shop car and were trying to make a deadline we ordered the road magnets....Also we are thinking about getting the F-sport exhaust they told me was in stock there, as we are trying to make Global this weekend......
Old 05-14-08, 08:13 PM
chums
Lead Lap

yes i do work at the bellevue dealership. in parts actually lol. do you remember who you spoke with about the springs? you can still do springs on awd, just not shocks, people get confused sometimes. call again tomorrow and ask for james in parts, ill be more than happy to help you with the springs/exhaust. especially the exhaust, i have a dying urge to finally hear it.

which shop are you with?
Old 05-15-08, 08:55 AM
K5KRAZIE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chums
yes i do work at the bellevue dealership. in parts actually lol. do you remember who you spoke with about the springs? you can still do springs on awd, just not shocks, people get confused sometimes. call again tomorrow and ask for james in parts, ill be more than happy to help you with the springs/exhaust. especially the exhaust, i have a dying urge to finally hear it.

which shop are you with?
HAHA!!! Funny I spoke with you first I think and then someone else. Whomever the last guy was really rubbed me the wrong way. Yes I understand the springs vs. shocks however there is no need IMO to HAVE to do the inserts(shocks) when you put springs on. The fact that he was telling me different and also that the car would ride like poop without the inserts was also IMO ridiculous. I wont tread all over your thread here but suffice it to say I went else where.....
BTW name of the shops Gearhead Technologies. And good to see your dealer employes enthusiast its always good for business!!!
Old 05-15-08, 10:03 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there any horsepower gains on the f-sport intake or just the sound? If so how much to the wheels/flywheel??
Old 05-15-08, 10:48 AM
chums
Lead Lap

yeah, the ride quality wouldnt be too great, id recommend doing shocks, but considering its awd i wouldve just sold you the springs glad you got things taken care of though!

LexISguy, the only thing i noticed is when im idled it revs quicker. other than that, its all about sound. i feel like im going quicker, but thats just because im stepping on the gas harder than normal to get the intake to scream. im just going faster than usual on my daily commute is all so its all mental. im sure it helped a bit, but nothing thatd be physically noticeable.

well, i fell through and decided to spend the extra money on the f-sport exhaust which ill purchase later today and install after work with my friend. i'll make sure and get pics up asap, as well as a sound clip if i can get a video camera
Old 05-15-08, 11:36 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chums
well, i fell through and decided to spend the extra money on the f-sport exhaust which ill purchase later today and install after work with my friend. i'll make sure and get pics up asap, as well as a sound clip if i can get a video camera
Can't wait to see the pics and the video.
Old 05-15-08, 11:59 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Nice write up / review!!

Looks great.. and YES I am flattered..

..at least TRD didn't make another open element intake system...

Joe Z
Old 05-15-08, 12:53 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

did you guys know the lexus hks exhaust is the f sport exhaust..
Old 05-15-08, 01:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
did you guys know the lexus hks exhaust is the f sport exhaust..
Did TRD give the contract to HKS?? maybe..

i know they look exactly the same.. but from what i heard the F-Sport has different oval muffler cans and sounds just a tad bit deeper..

Here are both the part numbers, in which both have the same Lexus MSRP price of $1,470

Lexus HKS Exhaust part# = PT916-53060

Lexus F-Sport Exhaust part# = PTR08-53090

Joe Z
Old 05-15-08, 05:00 PM
chums
Lead Lap

the f-sport exhaust does look similar to the lexus hks, but it is a bit different. when i was talking with one of the lexus engineers, f-sport was my biggest topic of interest, and he said the f-sport may look the same, but it does have a slightly different sound. i guess we'll see later tonight

Quick Reply: Just installed F-Sport Intake! My Opinion (+GFX Front Lip)