Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus HKS and F-sport exhuast review (large pics and vids inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 01:14 PM
mkhaira
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. i am a new lexus owner and trying to find an exhaust system to go on my IS350 2007. i read the posted threads, about how HKS lexus exhaust is no longer available. here is a link to a website that is selling HKS exhaust. was wondering is this the Lexus HKS exhaust or a different exhaust system by HKS??

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2348

I want my car to have a heavy base sound. not screaming at me while im cruising. its a lexus, sometimes it nice to have a quite cabin and drive.
Old 08-04-11, 01:54 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Nope that's not the same one. They really don't make the Lexus HKS anymore as it was only sold at the dealers. The Lexus HKS and F Sport look exactly the same. I don't like this HKS exhaust as it has the rice mufflers on it.
Old 08-04-11, 10:48 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought the f-sport exhaust were loud, but after breaking in, its really not loud at all.
Old 08-04-11, 10:51 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

^^ yup, it only gets loud when you hit the gas hard. other than that it isnt loud
Old 08-16-11, 08:43 AM
ghwanee
Rookie

than how loud is HKS when you're not hitting the gas hard?
Old 10-24-11, 01:47 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you search for the Lexus HKS one by part number, you will find a few places that still have them in stock. But about $1200 tho.
Old 10-24-11, 01:56 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

I've heard that the Lexus hks exhaust is really quiet. I would think that you would enjoy the sound of the f sport exhaust more, and save yourself some money as well
Old 12-15-11, 06:15 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

I've had a lot of guys who have been PMing about finding a Lexus HKS exhaust. A lot of them have made some generous offers but I've turned them down. I hate to leave you guys hanging about this matter so I've come up with a solution for the best of both worlds.

I've always though that if someone were to install an electric cutout (search DMH performance) on the right muffler of the F-sport exhaust and tie it into the sport mode in the gear shifter you can keep your exhaust flowing only through the left side and keep it muffled and quite, very much like the Lexus HKS exhaust. In sport mode the electric cutout will open up to flow across both sides and sound louder just like the F-sport exhaust. So you can have the best of both worlds kinda like a Dr. Jekyll and MR. Hyde. Im my case the IS350 is my Dr. Jekyll and other car in my sig is MR.Hyde.
Old 02-01-12, 07:53 PM
Royal620
Driver School Candidate

whats the difference (with cat backs )or (without cat backs) ??
Old 07-26-13, 02:28 PM
ANCL
Driver

Bumping this back up, I was cleaning my Lexus HKS exhausts and did not notice the part # on the exhaust tips per the OP. I know it is authentic as I bought it from a reputable local seller who has been on these forums for a long time so I was wondering why I cannot see the part # - did it rub off?
Old 07-26-13, 04:18 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ANCL
Bumping this back up, I was cleaning my Lexus HKS exhausts and did not notice the part # on the exhaust tips per the OP. I know it is authentic as I bought it from a reputable local seller who has been on these forums for a long time so I was wondering why I cannot see the part # - did it rub off?
i have the lexus hks exhuast as well(or 1st gen f sport) as some call it. the part # is not on the tips, its on the axle back portion of the exhaust. i thought mine was an ebay exhaust until i type that part number and found out it was actually a lexus hks exhaust
Old 07-26-13, 09:53 PM
ANCL
Driver

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
i have the lexus hks exhuast as well(or 1st gen f sport) as some call it. the part # is not on the tips, its on the axle back portion of the exhaust. i thought mine was an ebay exhaust until i type that part number and found out it was actually a lexus hks exhaust
Oh okay! Good to know, the OP's photos misled me, that's all. I'll double check for it next time it's on a lift. Thanks!
Old 07-28-13, 07:18 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
People keep getting confused

There's 3 exhausts Lexus sold:

1. Lexus HKS (original one, passenger side is a resonated muffler)
2. F-Sport first gen (Exactly same as Lexus HKS but with passenger side a straight pipe and no F-Sport engraving)
3. F-Sport second gen (exactly same as #2 except with engraving

Originally Posted by mkhaira
Hi. i am a new lexus owner and trying to find an exhaust system to go on my IS350 2007. i read the posted threads, about how HKS lexus exhaust is no longer available. here is a link to a website that is selling HKS exhaust. was wondering is this the Lexus HKS exhaust or a different exhaust system by HKS??

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2348

I want my car to have a heavy base sound. not screaming at me while im cruising. its a lexus, sometimes it nice to have a quite cabin and drive.

Lexus HKS was discontinued way back then F-Sport was introduced (the same exhaust made by HKS except passenger side is now a straight pipe instead of a resonated muffler, which is why it's louder)
You're best bet is to buy a F-Sport (now second gen, see my above reply to note the difference)
Or you can be patient and find a person selling used Lexus HKS, however I think the F-Sport is better

The link you showed is the HKS HiPower, and is not from Lexus as well I believe L-TunedParts no longer carry it since HKS USA shut down

If you don't want annoying drone, look into F-Sport as it's the best option for your description (aggressive under WOT, but no drone under normal cruising)
The HKS HiPower or Greddy EVO3 will drone
Even the Tanabe drones once the engine fully warms up, but barely makes any sound outside the cabin

Last edited by reyoasian; 07-28-13 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-24-13, 08:15 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to confirm... PTR08-53090 is the louder of the two exhausts?
Old 09-24-13, 09:32 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
I've heard that the Lexus hks exhaust is really quiet. I would think that you would enjoy the sound of the f sport exhaust more, and save yourself some money as well
Lexus HKS is very similar to the sound of the stock 350Z/G35, that is what I have right now which coming off the car this week

Quick Reply: Lexus HKS and F-sport exhuast review (large pics and vids inside)