Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Jun-TW Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-08, 06:48 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah most people putting headers on have already read that you will need new crush gaskets. However, that part of the exhaust is easy to get to. If you really need your car that bad, you can re-use the already crushed old gaskets and let it leak out some (i actually was able to get mine sealed up pretty tight when i put my borla on). You wont hurt anything by doing this. then when your new crush gaskets come in, you can just put your car on ramps and put the new ones on. You will have to use some painters tape to hold them in place.

good luck.
Old 08-30-08, 01:12 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I snapped there but I just hate it when people don’t keep their promises. I should have done my homework and read more. Anyways I left work early on Wednesday and managed to get the parts and the car ready on time for my road trip. After putting about 1,000 Km on the headers (& midpipes) it is safe to say that the parts have passed their burn-in period.

My impression so far:
  • According to the shop, they had no difficulties installing the headers, it was a direct swap
  • No CEL or any other warning messages appeared
  • Generally speaking, the headers are not load at all. Having the headers/midpipes/axle-back is notably less drawny compared to having the axle-back alone. Make no mistake this is no placebo effect, daily and commuting driving are much more pleasant now
  • The car is of course louder at WOT but with a higher pitch… just what I was hoping for
  • HP gains are felt but I would have to say that they are not as significant as anticipated

Note to ndk83,
I had my OEM springs & sway bar reinstalled because I was having a loud squeak and awkward bumping noise coming from my front suspensions. I couldn't figure out what was damaged and the dealership refused to have a look at it unless I returned the car to its original setup. I guess they had a point, because everything is back to normal now, the Hotchkis sway bar bushings were the problem... no need to get back to the dealership after all.

Last edited by kattanh3; 08-30-08 at 03:08 AM.
Old 08-30-08, 04:32 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kattanh3
Sorry I snapped there but I just hate it when people don’t keep their promises. I should have done my homework and read more. Anyways I left work early on Wednesday and managed to get the parts and the car ready on time for my road trip. After putting about 1,000 Km on the headers (& midpipes) it is safe to say that the parts have passed their burn-in period.

My impression so far:
  • According to the shop, they had no difficulties installing the headers, it was a direct swap
  • No CEL or any other warning messages appeared
  • Generally speaking, the headers are not load at all. Having the headers/midpipes/axle-back is notably less drawny compared to having the axle-back alone. Make no mistake this is no placebo effect, daily and commuting driving are much more pleasant now
  • The car is of course louder at WOT but with a higher pitch… just what I was hoping for
  • HP gains are felt but I would have to say that they are not as significant as anticipated

Note to ndk83,
I had my OEM springs & sway bar reinstalled because I was having a loud squeak and awkward bumping noise coming from my front suspensions. I couldn't figure out what was damaged and the dealership refused to have a look at it unless I returned the car to its original setup. I guess they had a point, because everything is back to normal now, the Hotchkis sway bar bushings were the problem... no need to get back to the dealership after all.

wow good news then u managed to sort everything out, i take it you went to bahrain for the weeked? cause u sure as hell didnt come here!! lol hope u had a good time

Yea i think remember you mentioned that to me bout the squeak, most have forgot! u putting the coils in next?? Lookin forward to your review on springs vs. coils, i wanna know if there is signifiacntly less bodyroll during aggressive driving with the coils

as for the headers, i think you get around 10-15hp more with the JunTW ones plus whatever u get from the midpipe, Our car sucks for tuning so take whatever u can. Im still considering weather to get the JUN TW or mazurri ones, Next time u come we should do straight line drag race to see what the real world improvements with the headers and the pipe are. Not lookin forward to u spanking my car. Eitehr way mabrouk and im very jealous. Cant wait til u come so i can experience the JUN TW headers first hand. I also congratualte you for doing something that hasnt been tested by any member on CL before. ahaneek man
Old 08-30-08, 06:40 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
... i take it you went to bahrain for the weeked? cause u sure as hell didnt come here!! lol hope u had a good time...
Actually Kuwait which reminds me one of my friend there has a 630i, we didn't exactly "street race" but let's just say we were really hungry and I could've gotten to the diner before him if only I know Kuwait better

Originally Posted by ndk83
... Im still considering weather to get the JUN TW or mazurri ones, Next time u come we should do straight line drag race to see what the real world improvements with the headers and the pipe are. Not lookin forward to u spanking my car. Eitehr way mabrouk and im very jealous. Cant wait til u come so i can experience the JUN TW headers first hand. I also congratualte you for doing something that hasnt been tested by any member on CL before. ahaneek man
Thanks bud, I guess I won't look that good at the photoshoot then... cuz I'll have the stock wheels on (lighter than my VS-XX)
Old 08-30-08, 07:14 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont take them off, lighter maybe but ull look faster with the Work's. sides if we know the diff in wieght, we can put a ballast in my car just to keep the weights even. we might not even have to, with all the food im eating im turning into a fat@$$