Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

** New ** PTS Full True Dual Exhaust – Joe Z series for IS250 & IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08, 11:43 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are right, it is not normal. Let the shop check it out again.
Old 10-11-08, 07:14 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you're happy LOL
Old 10-11-08, 08:39 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by blk250
you are right, it is not normal. Let the shop check it out again.
^^ Correct..

Kuki_350,

- This system is designed to clear all major/minor areas of the underbody. So have your shop re-check their install to make sure the system is not near any possible contact points..
They can shift the exhaust around while on the lift... if it's not near or hitting anything, then the noise might be something else in my opinion.

Let us know how it goes..

Thanks

- Joe Z
Old 04-18-09, 12:10 PM
vha23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone let me know if i have to transfer the OEM sheilds from the stock exhaust to the joe z? I saw joez did that, but i'm not sure if it was required or not. thanks.
Old 04-18-09, 11:50 PM
ALLCHILL
Rookie

Joe Z,

First of all, congrats on developing this exhaust. Performance and a clean sound is hard to achieve simultaneously.

I have 2 questions:

1) Im in Chicago where the weather is harsh. how is the quality of the stainless steel in terms of treatment?

2) i had a header back system on my old Si and without tuning (apexi vafc), i ran extremely lean. how was the air/fuel ratio when you ran your dyno? do you feel the oem ecu sufficiently adjusts? or would you recommend tuning the a/f ratio?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-09, 11:37 AM
EyeEss
Driver

I live in NY, how will this exhaust do in icy winters and road salt? Also is there any plan to bring back the group buy? I really want to pick this thing up, I have a Tanabe Exhaust already, and i wanted to upgrade to this if it was on GB pricing, otherwise I would have to wait a while.

Also, what is the db rating on this exhaust? My Tanabe gets 93db, and it is way too quiet for me.

Last edited by EyeEss; 04-30-09 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 03:23 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering, how big of a noise difference is it between street and race versions? It's hard to tell the difference off of the videos.

And I was also wondering, since Carson isn't that far away, if I were to order it (soonest time being sometime during the summer), can I just swing by and pick it up?

Last edited by JDKane527; 04-30-09 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-06-09, 12:32 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MIsTeRRxTC
I live in NY, how will this exhaust do in icy winters and road salt? Also is there any plan to bring back the group buy? I really want to pick this thing up, I have a Tanabe Exhaust already, and i wanted to upgrade to this if it was on GB pricing, otherwise I would have to wait a while.

Also, what is the db rating on this exhaust? My Tanabe gets 93db, and it is way too quiet for me.
Hello,

1) The 304 Stainless steel should last just as long as the oem system. However, special care would be needed if lots of salt builds up on any of the polished sections.. In other words, clean frequently and quick hand polish in those harsh months.

2) At this moment a GB just recently ended.. Carson Toyota / Lexus Parts may have one some time in the future, but we have nothing scheduled at this time.

3) We haven't measured the db, but I can tell you since its a Full Exhaust it will be noticeably louder, but not too intrusive or unwanted.

You can also reference the You tube videos for a better idea.

Thank You

Joe Z
Old 05-06-09, 12:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by stonefan52
I was wondering, how big of a noise difference is it between street and race versions? It's hard to tell the difference off of the videos.

And I was also wondering, since Carson isn't that far away, if I were to order it (soonest time being sometime during the summer), can I just swing by and pick it up?
Hello,

The difference between the two is very slight..
But the Race version will be slightly louder in tone.

Also, the Race Version will free up approx. a few more ponies, since the secondary cats are gone..

&

Yes, the exhaust is available for local pick up in Carson, CA.

Thank you
Joe Z
Old 05-07-09, 06:20 AM
EyeEss
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
1) The 304 Stainless steel should last just as long as the oem system. However, special care would be needed if lots of salt builds up on any of the polished sections.. In other words, clean frequently and quick hand polish in those harsh months.
So does this mean the areas I would need to clean are the mufflers and exhaust tips? I plan on painting the mufflers black so it blends in with the car more. So I am hoping I would just need to clean the tips every so often. Would the rest of the piping be okay to just leave alone?
Old 07-25-09, 08:17 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by EyeEss
So does this mean the areas I would need to clean are the mufflers and exhaust tips? I plan on painting the mufflers black so it blends in with the car more. So I am hoping I would just need to clean the tips every so often. Would the rest of the piping be okay to just leave alone?
Yes, that sounds just about right for the weather climate you are in...
Old 07-25-09, 08:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Updating this thread to include photos of a Race System Install on an IS350...

During this install, we used a Lexus / Toyota O2 Sensor removal tool. Which went very smoothly... and looked exaclty like the one pictured below...

VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE OEM EXHAUST FULLY COOLED DOWN BEFORE STARTING THE REMOVAL OF THE O2 SENSORS
-THIS WILL HELP PREVENT STRIPING OF THE SENSOR THREADS

Joe Z
Old 07-25-09, 08:24 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by love67
maybe i can help, i have an AWD in SoCal, and it's summer time, i think im free all the time, haha!
Thanks to Nick, (member "love67")...

We confirmed back on July 3rd, that our system will NOT directly bolt onto an AWD.

Mainly due to the transmission bracket location & drive axle on the:
IS250 AWD Model..

Doesn't look like we have plans to make an X-Pipe that will fit onto the AWD at this time.

These systems do fit ALL 2006+ IS250 & IS350!!

Still waiting for a lucky IS-Convertible owner to contact me here in SoCal, to verify fitment.. ASAP!!

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 07-25-09, 09:59 AM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Can I see the dyno sheet?

Isn't it illegal to run the street version in California?
Old 07-25-09, 10:22 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Phiber
Can I see the dyno sheet?

Isn't it illegal to run the street version in California?
Technically it's illegal to run either version anywhere in the US on the street, since it's illegal to remove a perfectly good and working cat (even if replacing it with a different one).

You're rather unlikely to get caught doing it though as even in states where they visually look for the proper # of cats they're unlikely to know what the OEM ones are supposed to look like versus the aftermarket ones.

That's why IIRC both sets are sold with the "off road use only" disclaimer

Quick Reply: ** New ** PTS Full True Dual Exhaust – Joe Z series for IS250 & IS350