Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake on gs 300??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 08:57 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will lose low end because the tubing is larger. Think of it as water running through a pipe. Increasing the diameter increases the flow but reduces pressure.
Old 02-02-09, 09:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pingu
You will lose low end because the tubing is larger. Think of it as water running through a pipe. Increasing the diameter increases the flow but reduces pressure.
I gotcha. So does it give you more power top end and overall? Essentially I am asking...is the low end lag worth it?

Thanks buddy.
Old 02-03-09, 04:09 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

I am sure you will gain much more on the top end. The majority of "air intakes" do this. It depends on your driving habits, and what your goal is. I can't tell if you if the loss of low end is worth it to you. It really comes down to preferences. If you want more power and are willing to deal with the noise, go for it.

If not, do my DIY intake for the GS300 (you can find the link in this forum)

The SRT comes with the piggyback ECU to modify the air/fuel mixture.
Old 02-03-09, 04:19 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Thank you for the reply buddy
Old 02-19-09, 08:12 PM
jesse gs30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so ive been reading all your guys post about the srt intake for the gs300 and if im correct ur going to have a slower take off? but a faster toip end? some one pm ad explain it please imma new one!
Old 03-02-09, 04:38 PM
karatelex
Driver School Candidate

what do you think srt or fujitsa.not sure which one to buy
Old 03-04-09, 10:53 PM
albalushi
Driver School Candidate

Dear All,

I ve got a GS300 99" with Tanabe medalion exhaust and SRT Intake +ECU installed in it. Frankly speaking that I gain some power which I expected to be more. I didnt yet compare my car with a car which I raced previously. Infact the sounds of the car beame WOOOOOOOOT super amazing.

I did raced with a Stock GS with 2 on it and I was taking a friend of mine to an Airport and we were like 4 with two heavy bags and we pulled from 120KM, I was pulling away from him thought wasnt that fast but I relaized that I got great power with all of the waight I got with me in the car.

Regards,
Old 03-05-09, 12:09 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by albalushi
Dear All,

I ve got a GS300 99" with Tanabe medalion exhaust and SRT Intake +ECU installed in it. Frankly speaking that I gain some power which I expected to be more. I didnt yet compare my car with a car which I raced previously. Infact the sounds of the car beame WOOOOOOOOT super amazing.

I did raced with a Stock GS with 2 on it and I was taking a friend of mine to an Airport and we were like 4 with two heavy bags and we pulled from 120KM, I was pulling away from him thought wasnt that fast but I relaized that I got great power with all of the waight I got with me in the car.

Regards,
Technically, tanabe catback will not yield significant horsepower, if anything 2horsepower. However, if you get a header/y-pipe to go with the tanabe exhaust, then you should see some good gains, along with the SRT intake/ecu on top of that. I love the sound of the tanabe medallion, and I can just imagine the sound with the SRT intake. The GS will never be fast with bolt ons, but considering how heavy the car is, the motor can use any help even if they are just bolt ons.
Old 03-05-09, 01:16 PM
albalushi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mex lex
Technically, tanabe catback will not yield significant horsepower, if anything 2horsepower. However, if you get a header/y-pipe to go with the tanabe exhaust, then you should see some good gains, along with the SRT intake/ecu on top of that. I love the sound of the tanabe medallion, and I can just imagine the sound with the SRT intake. The GS will never be fast with bolt ons, but considering how heavy the car is, the motor can use any help even if they are just bolt ons.
Thanks for the infos bro,

If you have any advices on which exact down pipe and headers are going to top up my HP then please do.

Any how I ve got some problems in my car which I need to fix because of my crazy driving:

1- I dont know whats wronge with the diffrential because I have got only one tyre spin most of the time which killed my drifting mood with the car.
2- Some gear clutchs needs to be changed because it slips from 2nd to 3rd.

Regards,
Old 03-05-09, 02:08 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by albalushi
Thanks for the infos bro,

If you have any advices on which exact down pipe and headers are going to top up my HP then please do.

Any how I ve got some problems in my car which I need to fix because of my crazy driving:

1- I dont know whats wronge with the diffrential because I have got only one tyre spin most of the time which killed my drifting mood with the car.
2- Some gear clutchs needs to be changed because it slips from 2nd to 3rd.

Regards,
Choices for headers off the top of my head are OBX/Ebay/Megan/JVT/etc long & short runner headers, MVP/Xerd header, Mazzuri (no longer in business, look for used one on forums), Abflug (I don't even know if it is even possible to find one, $$$).

Our cars did not come with an LSD from the factory, that is why you get only one tire spinning. Good luck.
Old 03-10-09, 10:58 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I'm sure that this is a ridiculously "noob" question, but getting an intake like the SRT alleviates the need for an air filter, correct? Or do you still need/use an air filter?
Old 03-10-09, 11:57 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The SRT has an air filter as part of the product. The product is called a cold air intake and has a cone high performance filter. Here's a link with some pictures.

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=5
Old 03-10-09, 12:13 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Thank you!
Old 03-10-09, 07:35 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think most aftermarket intakes...you lose low end torque.
Old 03-15-09, 02:25 PM
karatelex
Driver School Candidate

i have a question?I just installed a fujita intake and now the car is kinda sluggish also my check engine light came on.Does anyone know what can the problem be?

Quick Reply: SRT Intake on gs 300??