Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Needed: Definitive answers from qualified individuals on 2JZ-GTE in a 2nd gen...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 01:45 PM
rd122481
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed: Definitive answers from qualified individuals on 2JZ-GTE in a 2nd gen...

I'm in need of some answers. The car has yet to be purchased, but I'm looking @ getting a 2001-2005. I think these are all VVT-I so I would purchase the VVT-I engine in hopes of simplifying the swap. I also plan to purchase the engine, transmission, complete wiring harness & ECU from the appropriate model year Aristo as I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. Here's my questions:

Assuming I purchase the same model year Aristo parts, how do the engine & transmission go in? Does it simply bolt in using the GS300 mounts or maybe I need to use the Aristo mounts? Do I need to modify any of the mounts, like grinding or shaving off anything? Are there any other Toyota model vehicles whose parts will work (Supra, Soarer...)?

The transmission: Can I utilize the Aristo transmission or must I stick with the one in the GS300? If I can use the Aristo transmission, should I also be on the lookout for an Aristo tranny computer & will it just bolt up to the GS300 driveshaft or are the some mods necessary?

The wiring: Will everything plug & play using the Aristo harness or are there some modifications that are necessary? I'm expecting that I'll at least have to lengthen some parts of the harness.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Hopefully, we can turn this into THE thread where everyone can get some useful info!
Old 06-21-08, 02:47 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All the info you need can be found below.

Click Here

And remember, Search is your friend.
Old 06-21-08, 04:02 PM
rd122481
Driver School Candidate

Funny. Seriously though. I've searched and read through ALOT, and I haven't found definite answers to the above questions. Maybe you can give me a link to a thread with the answers I'm looking for. Thanks!
Old 06-21-08, 06:42 PM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rd122481
I'm in need of some answers. The car has yet to be purchased, but I'm looking @ getting a 2001-2005. I think these are all VVT-I so I would purchase the VVT-I engine in hopes of simplifying the swap. I also plan to purchase the engine, transmission, complete wiring harness & ECU from the appropriate model year Aristo as I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. Here's my questions:

Assuming I purchase the same model year Aristo parts, how do the engine & transmission go in? Does it simply bolt in using the GS300 mounts or maybe I need to use the Aristo mounts? Do I need to modify any of the mounts, like grinding or shaving off anything? Are there any other Toyota model vehicles whose parts will work (Supra, Soarer...)?

The transmission: Can I utilize the Aristo transmission or must I stick with the one in the GS300? If I can use the Aristo transmission, should I also be on the lookout for an Aristo tranny computer & will it just bolt up to the GS300 driveshaft or are the some mods necessary?

The wiring: Will everything plug & play using the Aristo harness or are there some modifications that are necessary? I'm expecting that I'll at least have to lengthen some parts of the harness.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Hopefully, we can turn this into THE thread where everyone can get some useful info!

engine and trans bolt in using either the aristo mounts or the GS300 mounts. they are the same. you need to use the aristo trans. and ECU as the aristo is a 4 speed and the GS is a 5 speed. the yokes on the aristo and GS trans. are different. aristo driveshaft is a direct fit. gs needs some mods to fit. (front half of an auto TT supra rear half of a GS.) not too sure about the wiring on a 01-05 GS, but I do know that on a 98-00 GS the wiring is practically plug and play, there are some wiring modifications that have to be done but nothing major. just repinning some plugs and adding a wire fro the ignitor to the ECU. from what i understand though, wiring an 01+ is much more involved. there is no lengthening of any wires, the ECU is in the engine bay not inside the car. here is a link to my build thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=slvrgs300

here is the "finished" product:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=slvrgs300

there really is not any way to simplify this swap. unless you can manage to find a front clip of an aristo. (good luck with that though) that is the only way you will get everything that you need to do the swap as painless as possible. without a front cut, there will be TONS of little parts that you will need to find if you dont get a front clip. Oh yeah, don't forget the return fuel system.