Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

intake system

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 10:23 PM
tkvietboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake system

hi guys i need some advice from cars expert or mechanics.. i want to add an intake air system for my gs300..but doesn't know what is good..I look at the srt with some air/flow ecu chip. do i really need the chip...the entire system costs like $500..that is too much..do u know any alternatives? also I've read one of the forum..some one said they reset there ecu by pulling the fuse and battery cable out..why? i don't understand why you would have to do it...
the intake is at this link..
http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/speci...?specialsKey=6
Old 07-03-08, 05:16 PM
Alafingaz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that same prob now but theres another Intake system. Check this site out.

http://www.andysautosport.com/lexus/...t_ram_intakes/
Old 07-03-08, 05:30 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not spend that much for an intake on a NA GS300, but if you must then go for it.

on to the ECU question.
Originally Posted by adamgamz
I don't, the ecu doesn't learn anymore. I'm running a Map ECU with a 74mm turbo. I had tried all the tricks, installed a resistor to trick the ecu in cold start mode, hooked up a black box to reset the ecu on every ignition shut off. Then I read on the IS300 forums that a guy spoke to an engineer at Lexus and asked about ways to get around the learning issue, the engineer replied, thats easy... just unplug all 4 02 sensors and it will keep the car from learning, the ecu will only run in cold start mode. It works for me! And I have my temp gauge back.
Originally Posted by GS FONZy
you are correct, the car will start in open loop as it always does, but without the help of the O2's it will always stay there (rich fuel mixture). I also belive that is the reason why everyone feels a diffrence after reseting the ECU. The car now has no memory and to be safe in will run in open loop untill it has enough data to correct the fuel mixture to optimal milage and safe emissions.
Old 07-03-08, 09:14 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is your gs,,, i hav an injen intake lying around