Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Makeover time!! GS400TT upgrade/build has begun (pic happy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-11, 07:04 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sssst hui!!! Ricky...you never let me drive your beast sucka! Let's bowl for it next time I am there. I am planning to swing thru this summer and possibly for good. I am loving the numbers and everytime I visit...it seems like a new car to me. I still remember shredding rubber on the on ramp with a pile of smoke back shimmying like a 2 Live Crew dancer....crazy!!
Old 05-18-11, 07:11 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be there June 11th!
Old 05-18-11, 12:18 PM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any videos of this thing. I would love to see a TT GS 400 Video other than this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_lXi...eature=related
Old 05-18-11, 07:45 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I will be there June 11th!
How long you staying. I have a trip planned around that time. check your pm
Old 09-09-11, 01:59 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexusben
Any videos of this thing. I would love to see a TT GS 400 Video other than this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_lXi...eature=related
Damn this beast sounds very aggressive
Old 10-09-11, 10:37 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusben

i love watching this over and over and over
Old 12-08-11, 04:36 PM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

i can not wait to see you pull up to a vette and blow the doors off it
Old 12-10-11, 11:59 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRBOSQRL
i can not wait to see you pull up to a vette and blow the doors off it
I did that once. It was a ZR1. He was messing rev then let it drop to idle at the light. When it turned green, he was on the "down" of his little rev show. I floored it, got a good jump on him and pulled on him till 50 then the next stop light held us up. He pulled up next to me and was all surprised. when he got in front of me, he looked into his side mirror and saw the intercooler. Next thing I saw was a thumbs up and a wave and off he went.
Old 12-11-11, 06:10 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I see that you're still at it with the GS. I thought you sold it a while back or something.

Oh yeah add one more TT GS4 to the list soon. I'm actually going to mix things up a bit from my usual grind of 2JZ's. Going to be picking up a GS400 soon to build for fun

Lextreme Piston/Rod combo, Kelford Stage II cams, and the main difference is that I'm going to have the heads race ported. Turbos are going to be two CompTurbo CT4-6265 Triple Ball Bearing oil-less units. Hoping to make some mean power but still keeping the car able to pass OBD-II state inspections as well

Hoping to keep the entire build budget under $8k, but we all know how that goes lol! I guess a "budget V8 build of sorts"
Old 12-11-11, 12:22 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

^cant wait Jeff, your builds are top notch.
Old 12-11-11, 07:44 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I see that you're still at it with the GS. I thought you sold it a while back or something.

Oh yeah add one more TT GS4 to the list soon. I'm actually going to mix things up a bit from my usual grind of 2JZ's. Going to be picking up a GS400 soon to build for fun

Lextreme Piston/Rod combo, Kelford Stage II cams, and the main difference is that I'm going to have the heads race ported. Turbos are going to be two CompTurbo CT4-6265 Triple Ball Bearing oil-less units. Hoping to make some mean power but still keeping the car able to pass OBD-II state inspections as well

Hoping to keep the entire build budget under $8k, but we all know how that goes lol! I guess a "budget V8 build of sorts"
Not still at it, at least not actively. I have been trying to sell it at a decent price, but it seems that there aren't really any serious buyers. So now it sits in the garage. I did purchase another car. It's totally fun and quick. It was nice to get back into an agile and spirited vehicle. Don't get me wrong the GS is spirited but you gotta agree it's kinda a boat when you toss it into corners.

Although half the horsepower as the GS, It has twice the fun factor on the twisties. And double the drive train (4WD)

Old 12-19-11, 10:58 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HI98GS
Not still at it, at least not actively. I have been trying to sell it at a decent price, but it seems that there aren't really any serious buyers. So now it sits in the garage. I did purchase another car. It's totally fun and quick. It was nice to get back into an agile and spirited vehicle. Don't get me wrong the GS is spirited but you gotta agree it's kinda a boat when you toss it into corners.

Although half the horsepower as the GS, It has twice the fun factor on the twisties. And double the drive train (4WD)

then you must strip the whole interior + Cage it
Old 12-19-11, 11:54 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
then you must strip the whole interior + Cage it
hmmmmmm. Now that's an idea!!
Old 12-20-11, 05:53 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great looking Subi...
Old 03-02-12, 12:49 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

So I decided to take another step into the deep end and freshen up the motor. This time I decided to upgrade the cylinder heads. I already had the higher rate valve springs and cams. But to really get things flowing I decided to get Ferrea oversized stainless steel valves. Bottom end is totally built so there wasn't anything more to add.....I think.

Also decided to change the powder coating from the "black chrome" look to crinkle black.

Injector Dynamics 725cc on modified stock fuel rail powder coated gloss black

Also had the transmission rebuilt with new raybestos clutch packs and new bands. The original trans build by IPT was solid, but with all the use that was put to it over the years it needed some new clutches. My transmission builder was surprised on how well it was initially put together. He's been building race transmissions for over 30 years, so I think it was a compliment to the way IPT did their work.

Last edited by HI98GS; 03-02-12 at 12:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Makeover time!! GS400TT upgrade/build has begun (pic happy)