Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PushinLEX: Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-08 | 01:56 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

glad you like it
(told you so! LOL)

did i push you over the fence at the bbq meet, after you heard mine?

Last edited by 4ntvings; 07-06-08 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-06-08 | 04:37 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Nice exhaust... I"m really liking the Tanabe... Can you tell me the difference between the Touring Medallion exhaust and super hyper medallion?
Old 07-06-08 | 08:25 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Sweet!

That's a sweet exhaust! Now you need to debadge the rear and your set? Lol!
Old 07-06-08 | 10:13 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Finally got a hold of it huh? It looks nice
Old 07-07-08 | 05:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

it sounds nice with the v8 too. sometimes it sounds a little drone-y sounding or those really low tones when driving really slow from a stop if the radio is turned down or off. this low drone sound was pretty annoying at first but now its cool, and it is a nice tradeoff for the added performance and nice sounds during the other times.. i noticed a loss in back pressure as well..

is yours a little annoying sounding when starting from a stop below like 2200 rpm's in 1st and second gear??
Old 07-07-08 | 06:25 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

I don't think it's annoying at all in fact I love that deep sound when you first accelerate. But I have noticed it sounds louder on the inside than on the outside. Overall though this exhaust sounds amazing, hey PushinLex if you ever take a trip down to Miami I'll give you a ride in the 430 so you can hear it first hand
Old 07-07-08 | 08:02 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

looks very good man! congrats! what did you pay for that though?
Old 07-07-08 | 11:31 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RI-Lex
looks good, more to clean huh
Jeez your tellin me. I'm getting down on my hands and knees to clean the canisters. My neighbors think i'm insane!

Originally Posted by louiegs400
nice ! time to make a video so we can see how it sounds
Originally Posted by swat1727
do u have sound clips?
I'll do a sound clip so you can hear wat a 2GS300 with K&N drop in filter, TM plugs, and Tanabe TM Exhaust sounds like.

Originally Posted by carbongs
congrats! definitely one of my top 5 choices for exhaust set ups
Originally Posted by GSteg
One of the only few exhausts I would ever own.
Yup, Tanabe TM or JP Exhaust!

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
glad you like it
(told you so! LOL)

did i push you over the fence at the bbq meet, after you heard mine?
Yea man, thanks for the extra push Jason. I always loved the styling of the TM, but once I heard it on your I6, I was sold.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Nice exhaust... I"m really liking the Tanabe... Can you tell me the difference between the Touring Medallion exhaust and super hyper medallion?
Touring Medallion is more refined in tone and a coupld dbs quieter than the hyper, which is more race tuned. The TM styling is a bit more for luxury cruising, as opposed to the hyper that has the more aggressive styling kinda like the HKS style. The hyper medallion is cheaper, but like the look of the TM wayyy better. I've heard both and they both sound great.

Originally Posted by wringo
That's a sweet exhaust! Now you need to debadge the rear and your set? Lol!
I actually like the badging. If I was to change the badging it would be black pearl.

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Finally got a hold of it huh? It looks nice
FINALLY!

Originally Posted by sojah
it sounds nice with the v8 too. sometimes it sounds a little drone-y sounding or those really low tones when driving really slow from a stop if the radio is turned down or off. this low drone sound was pretty annoying at first but now its cool, and it is a nice tradeoff for the added performance and nice sounds during the other times.. i noticed a loss in back pressure as well..

is yours a little annoying sounding when starting from a stop below like 2200 rpm's in 1st and second gear??
A tad bit of droning at low speeds (below 2.5k), but it all depends on how you handle the accelerator. I used to have a Greddy SP2 on my 98 Maxima, so I'm used to driving with exhaust. Any exhaust (esp. dual) will have some drone at certain RPMs, but even then, i definitely wouldnt consider it drone, its more like a nice deep hum.

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I don't think it's annoying at all in fact I love that deep sound when you first accelerate. But I have noticed it sounds louder on the inside than on the outside. Overall though this exhaust sounds amazing, hey PushinLex if you ever take a trip down to Miami I'll give you a ride in the 430 so you can hear it first hand
Agreed. I might have to take you up on that, esp. once you get those headers in!

Originally Posted by sakataj
looks very good man! congrats! what did you pay for that though?
BRAND NEW, shipped: $850.00 installed at my boy's shop. Don't ask guys, I can't get this price again. Just for me!

Honestly, I cant tell you how many compliments I'm getting on this mod. It really turns your car into a head turning machine. The exhaust note is not annoying at all, SUPER refined.

I'll update this thread with sound clips when I get a chance fellas.

I really appreciate all the support and comments guys, THANKS ALOT!
Old 07-07-08 | 11:48 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

hey tupac/Chris (LOL), you need to change your siggy now...add a pic of your bad a$$ MT!
Old 07-07-08 | 01:48 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

hey tupac/Chris (LOL), you need to change your siggy now...add a pic of your bad a$$ MT!
I'm thinkin your right!
Old 07-07-08 | 07:39 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Wow, looks 100% better! Your car is awesome, keep the clean look up, its working well for you.
Old 07-07-08 | 07:51 PM
phillygs3

Be sure to keep those tips shiny
Old 07-07-08 | 08:56 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Jeez your tellin me. I'm getting down on my hands and knees to clean the canisters. My neighbors think i'm insane!
i do that everytime i wash my car just becomes habit, like cleaning the wheels
sheesh, i clean my wheels' barrels every couple of months, my neighbors think i should be in an asylum!
Old 07-07-08 | 09:04 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

looks friggin wonderful man, I cant wait to install mine this weekend and hear how it sounds combined with my SRT intake =D
Old 07-08-08 | 02:25 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Wow, looks 100% better! Your car is awesome, keep the clean look up, its working well for you.
Thanks man. Thats the look I'm going for.

Originally Posted by phillygs3
Be sure to keep those tips shiny
I will. Metal Polish FTW!

i do that everytime i wash my car just becomes habit, like cleaning the wheels
sheesh, i clean my wheels' barrels every couple of months, my neighbors think i should be in an asylum!
Yea, you can find me with a rag cleaning the INSIDE of the exhaust all the way to the silencer.

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
looks friggin wonderful man, I cant wait to install mine this weekend and hear how it sounds combined with my SRT intake =D
Ohhhh, that will sound mighty!!!!! Beast status!

Quick Reply: PushinLEX: Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust