Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

02 GS3 2jzgte vvti swap (searched)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 08:39 PM
memphiss13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 GS3 2jzgte vvti swap (searched)

Hi guys I've been lurking on this forum for a while and have a few questions.

I recently purchased an 02 sport design gs3 with intentions of doing the gte swap on it. I didn't really want an 02+ but it was just too good of a deal and I really like the small differences in the sport design. I've been searching this site for a while and can't find any wiring diagrams. I know the 98-01's are pretty much plug and play but the 02-05 harness is totally different. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the swap or atleast the pinouts for the 161 aristo? I found the pinout diagram for an 02-05 gs3 on jeff tsai's website and that helps, I just need the other end.

I don't have the engine yet so I have a little time, but I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row so I can get things rolling once it gets here. I know I could probably just go with aem ems, but I'd really like to run this thing on a stock computer since its going to be a daily driver. I've owned are car with the ems and tuned others with it and its a great system. I just don't know if I want to deal with it right now for just a stock setup.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old 08-07-08, 09:15 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck with finding the pinout for a Vvti Gte. Even the guys in Europe where the cars were available OE can't get the schematics for it. You can find bits and pieces here and there but I have been searching off and on for the last two years and have come up with nothing of substance.
Old 08-08-08, 05:16 AM
memphiss13
Driver School Candidate

ah thats not what i wanted to hear. i'll just have to see if somebody over in japan can help me out. i have someone that can translate it if i can get the pinout.

So if I were to run an aem ems in tandem with the stock computer would i be able to run the 4spd trans? i know some people are running two computers, but they never really say which one is controlling the trans. It looks like the is300 drivers with this swap are running two computers, but sticking with the 5spd trans. I can only assume the reason why is that they are leaving the trans control up to the stock computer. The AEM can control an auto trans though so I don't really understand why they would do that.
Old 08-08-08, 04:24 PM
Dr Tweak
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

I can wire that up for you plug and play, I've got all the Aristo diagrams.

You don't have inspection in TN if I recall correctly, so you won't have to worry about OBD2 emissions So I would run the 2JZGTE ECU for everything, engine and tranny.

-Doc
Old 08-08-08, 05:43 PM
memphiss13
Driver School Candidate

Yeah no inspection in the county where i live at all. I will be getting in touch with you dr.tweak. I'm glad you found this post because I couldn't remember what your screen name was, but i knew there was a toyota wiring genious around here somewhere. What would I need to send you to get it done? Both harnesses?