Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Top 10 1/4 Mile Times GS300/GS400/GS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-17, 11:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertD
My car won't be too far off once we get sorted. I still haven't sprayed it yet which is already in the game plan.

Also that car is a full blown drag car. Far cry from a street car that this thread is about lol.

Robert
we shall see..... i think Adam was making over 1100hp last i heard and he had gone through a handful of tranny configurations, your going to be making that kind of power?

his car was a full blown drag car lol, it was only tubbed in the back so it was a half drag car :P

also this thread says Top 1/4 times....doesnt say he must be a street car so he still should qualify. lol. i tried to introduce him awhile ago in this thread but noone wants him in
Originally Posted by sakataj
he's a member but does he count since his car is a full blown drag car.... his name is justin humphreys.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-on-here.html

his 7.33 @ 189 MPH run but i dunno if this was his fastest time or not in the gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID-NQvPBA4M

he drives pro stock for NHRA now...

http://www.nhra.com/drivers/pro-stock/Justin-Humphreys/

found it

his clublexus name is/was RACEREDI he still posts (well used to, his last post was 6/4/11) and actually is found in the LS460, LS460L and LS600h sections now but i will PM him and ask him for a update on official times, although his sig has this 03 GS300 Modified / Pro Outlaw RWD Worlds fastest and quickest Lexus GS? 7.000 198.67MPH., and 7.02 at 200.56 on 10.5'' tires at 3000LBS.

so i guess he went 7.000 man...i would hate not to break into the 6's if i was that close

insane pics in post # 32/33

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-dragcar.html

and another, look at the BEAUTIFUL CARBON FIBER ON THE INTERIOR PICS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...at-180mph.html

HIS GALLERY

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...p?ppuser=16102

he's in here and he takes a win....0:00-1:04, 7:22-7:56, 9:10-12:11 (i skimmed it so i might have missed another pass by him)

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006...eet-elims.html

the specs when he was building the car

"I am currently building a Pro-modified/ Pro Outlaw GS300! The car is about 90 percent complete, and should be heading to the body/paint shop in the next 3 weeks! The car is a 3/4 back half chassis, still has the factory frame rails, strut towers, quarters, roof, etc. Both front doors will retain the power windows, still has sunroof, although it won't function! It is one trick piece. Lots of carbon fiber! I had the factory hood molded in carbon, Front doors, Trunk lid, front and rear bumpers, the factory dash molded, and all of the interior panels are carbon fiber!"

Originally Posted by badblackgs
Yes, thats true. full blown drag cars don't count. please curb your enthusiasm. lol.
says who? lol thread just says top times

Originally Posted by RobertD
Was that directed to myself or sakataj?

Robert
it was directed to me....

Last edited by sakataj; 11-07-17 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-15-17, 12:24 PM
RobertD
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
we shall see..... i think Adam was making over 1100hp last i heard and he had gone through a handful of tranny configurations, your going to be making that kind of power?

his car was a full blown drag car lol, it was only tubbed in the back so it was a half drag car :P

also this thread says Top 1/4 times....doesnt say he must be a street car so he still should qualify. lol. i tried to introduce him awhile ago in this thread but noone wants him in

the specs when he was building the car

I am currently building a Pro-modified/ Pro Outlaw GS300! The car is about 90 percent complete, and should be heading to the body/paint shop in the next 3 weeks! The car is a 3/4 back half chassis, still has the factory frame rails, strut towers, quarters, roof, etc. Both front doors will retain the power windows, still has sunroof, although it won't function! It is one trick piece. Lots of carbon fiber! I had the factory hood molded in carbon, Front doors, Trunk lid, front and rear bumpers, the factory dash molded, and all of the interior panels are carbon fiber!

says who? lol thread just says top times

it was directed to me....

The OP title says -

Top 10 1/4 Mile Times 2nd GS300/GS400/GS430 **Full Weight Street Cars**

As far as making 1200rwhp and that time I'm pretty sure he was making less than that as a 66mm will not make that sort of power especially through an automatic transmission. I might be wrong here but I want to say he went V160 at some point after didn't he? At which point he made over 1000rwhp once that happened. I don't think I will need to get up to those power levels to best a 10.22. I know I won't do it on my existing turbo system for sure which will be upgraded later this year but I want to see how far this little 62mm turbo will go. Ultimately I want to have a proven setup so other GS guys can duplicate it if they want to and not have to spend an arm and a leg. I'm on a journal 62mm turbo, cast manifold, built aristo 4 speed with fuel and EMS. Bare bones stuff and it's working out well.

Robert
Old 11-07-17, 07:08 AM
SylvesterM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamgamz
I had a guy tell me the real record for a 2nd gen GS300 is deep 10's at 140MPH, at first I was impressed then did a search and found the guy is also on this board and has a tendancy to make up stories. Rockalex has already been down that road with him. Any times posted must be backed up by some sort of proof.

Here are the threads I was talking about:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=328533

http://my.is/forums/f114/my-glowing-...08/index2.html

Cummins wrote:

Well I don't want to disclose too much since its not my car and he kinda likes to lay on the down low, but he's running a v160 with a carbon carbon. I abandoned my project because our cars would have been mirror images of each other and he's one of my friends. In fact he's using my old turbo that I had on my supra. My gs300 is gone but I still have the v160, cc clutch and 6 speed pumpkin with a trd diff sitting in my garage and this was supposed to go in the gs300 along with a full gte swap with forged internals ported head 1mm over and 272s, nitrous, rmr intake, gt45 and motec m600.
are you looking to sell anything?
Old 11-07-17, 09:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SylvesterM
are you looking to sell anything?
he was trying to sell his whole car
Old 11-07-17, 05:55 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Hey!!!

So I know I don't update much anymore but the other day I went to hang with a buddy of mine that has a 2011 Cadillac CTSV with a corsa exhaust setup. I told him how bad my car is now days and he felt compelled to see what it was all about. So we pulled out on the access road and proceeded to race five different times from a redlight. My supercharged gs430 did not let his 500 something horsepower car show me up at all. Every time either I launched on him or we both shot out of the holes like rockets but he could not shake me. All five different races, he couldn't pull away from me. Now I didn't blow his doors off passing him but he damn sure knew what was up with my Japan made monster. I swear I will make it to the track soon to get some solid times and make it over to the dyno also for the latest test. at 4 psi I made 330 to the wheels. Now im at 10 psi with a ported supercharger, so I better be putting down atleast 400 to the wheels. I love my car by the way.
Old 02-12-19, 09:04 PM
Dipstikgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock 1999 gs400 with a Nitrous Express 100shot wet kit, muffler delete and ****ty tires on the stock 16s

Last edited by Dipstikgs; 02-15-19 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-26-19, 10:32 PM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my 2001 gs300 with 2jzgte vvti swap. 9.81

Last edited by THERCGUY82; 10-27-19 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-05-20, 12:23 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by THERCGUY82

Here's my 2001 gs300 with 2jzgte vvti swap. 9.81
any specs on the car?. Engine, trans combo?. You have done an awesome 60ft, I can’t get my 60 lower then 2.3-4 seconds, only put a 3k stall converter in should of went 4K+
Old 04-05-20, 12:54 PM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aussiegs3
any specs on the car?. Engine, trans combo?. You have done an awesome 60ft, I can’t get my 60 lower then 2.3-4 seconds, only put a 3k stall converter in should of went 4K+
2jzgte vvti swap. When I did this run it was Still stock bottom end, BC 272 cams, precision 6870 on a Supra store pro series manifold. The trans is still the a340 that comes with the swap but is redone by ATF STAGE 3. It’s also got their billet 3800 stall in it. I’m also not running the factory Ecu any more for the motor or trans
Old 04-05-20, 06:15 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

2jzgte vvti swap. When I did this run it was Still stock bottom end, BC 272 cams, precision 6870 on a Supra store pro series manifold. The trans is still the a340 that comes with the swap but is redone by ATF STAGE 3. It’s also got their billet 3800 stall in it. I’m also not running the factory Ecu any more for the motor or trans
👌🏼Thanks what kinda of power we’re you making, I’ve got a stage2 trans at the moment, 4 months I’m getting the stage 3 ATF built
Old 04-05-20, 06:23 PM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

I never dynod it with the bc cams in it. Since then I put a ported head on and new gsc s2 cams in it. It made 833hp and 660tq at 35psi.
Old 04-05-20, 06:31 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

I never dynod it with the bc cams in it. Since then I put a ported head on and new gsc s2 cams in it. It made 833hp and 660tq at 35psi.

That’s about the same power I’m making, I made 520RWKW on 32psi, but I was losing fuel pressure due to my fuel regulator location and my stage2 gearbox is only rated to 500hp not KW
Old 10-14-20, 04:43 AM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

what trans controller are u using? I'm about to drop off one of my transmissions to atf and really want to eliminate the factory ecu from controlling the trans. Plus being able to control shift points and how aggressive the shifts are would be nice
Old 10-14-20, 09:13 AM
THERCGUY82
Driver School Candidate

well back then i was using a megasquirt controller that a buddy built but i just switched to a compushift controller at hgmelectronics.com. they just came out with a plug and play unit for the vvti transmission. its a nice unit and everything is fully adjustable on it. i run a ecu master black and us a can bus to talk to each other.
Old 10-20-20, 03:54 PM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

well back then i was using a megasquirt controller that a buddy built but i just switched to a compushift controller at hgmelectronics.com. they just came out with a plug and play unit for the vvti transmission. its a nice unit and everything is fully adjustable on it. i run a ecu master black and us a can bus to talk to each other.
Nice 👌. Im have a AEM Infinity 506 but still have the factory ecu to control trans and everything else. I've been looking for a standalone for the factory trans for a while now. Now I just need to drop of my trans to ATF for that stage 3 treatment and that billet torque converter. Did u get their billet steel flex plate too?

Quick Reply: Top 10 1/4 Mile Times GS300/GS400/GS430