Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Air intake installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-08, 06:40 PM
netsushi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Air intake installed

For ~$325 after tax I thought i'd give it a shot. After hearing the Fujita on a 350 I knew then I had to get an intake asap. I want to start by saying thanks to Lobuxracer for manhandling the install. At the same time, I got to sneak in all kinds of good questions from tires to springs and a few in between =p

Here is my experience,

I don't have any new found power but most importantly, I didn't notice any new low rpm lag that some have experienced (i believe I read something about K&N but don't quote me).

I did obviously get a much deeper sound at WOT. It easily rivals the snorkle intakes in terms of sound, just not quite as audible.

Another good thing, no CELs. One interesting note, (after going nuts with WOT all over the place, except in Lobuxracer's guarded gated quaint sub division =p) my gas mileage appeared to be a little over a 1 mpg better on the route I take to work! It could of been the weather but at least it wasn't worse. I was pleasantly surprised to see my MPG average from point A to point B increase! I hit 28.6 MPG when I usually low 27 MPG, a mix of country and city roads. The test did have zero WOTs but just something I wanted to mention. Even under WOT'ing I seem to stay steady around the 20 MPG per the in cabin indicator. Anyway, just one long day with it and I honestly think the intake was worth the extra money.

Worth the money though? One could easily get the same satisfaction from a cheaper source, however knowing the part is sponsored by Lexus and comes with a Joe-Z like tube, washable filter and sounds like a Injen or Fujita, it to me was very much worth it.

Thanks again Lobuxracer. I couldn't of possibly done it as seamless as you did and its nice to know it was put on right. Tomorrow Tein-S's get installed and hopefully the gfx kit arrives =)

Last edited by netsushi; 08-24-08 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 06:44 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats i got the fsport intake also. i love the sound
Old 08-24-08, 11:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,034 Likes on 2,445 Posts

Originally Posted by netsushi
...Thanks again Lobuxracer. I couldn't of possibly done it as seamless as you did and its nice to know it was put on right...
You're welcome. It's a really easy install, only one surprise with the couplings, but everything else was pretty much a snap. Took about 45 minutes from drive in to drive out. Very slick, looks great, sounds great!