Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-08 | 10:35 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Im starting to not believe this anymore.
Old 09-04-08 | 10:44 AM
trinityhk
Lead Lap

lol this is comedy, it really is.
Old 09-04-08 | 11:20 AM
Navigatn
Pole Position

where's this shop? i wanna cruise by and check out ur car
Old 09-04-08 | 11:23 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Navigatn
where's this shop? i wanna cruise by and check out ur car
Which part of disney is fantasyland? :P
Old 09-04-08 | 11:23 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! sorry im allergic to Bull Sh-t
Old 09-04-08 | 11:36 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

everyone should just chill out and let him post his results, if it were me and i kept getting bombarded by criticism i wouldn't even say another word. if its a bust flame him afterwards but even its an insignificant amount of boost (5lbs to the masses here) its better than nothing and a step towards a direction we all want.

Last edited by fluxx; 09-04-08 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-04-08 | 11:51 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fluxx
everyone should just chill out and let him post his results, if it were me and i kept getting bombarded by criticism i wouldn't even say another word. if its a bust flame him afterwards but even its an insignificant amount of boost (5lbs to the masses here) its better than nothing and a step towards a direction we all want.
We would but if you look at the whole situation, what would you think? This whole thing started on 9-1, on 9-2 he had the turbo manifold completed, and on 9-3 he had everything on and it was working, today he dyno'd the car and all of a sudden it blew up.

So in a matter of barely even 3days a turbo setup was finished for a V6 and the ECU was completed?!?!? Yeah right! Sorry but I'm with everyone else, this is bullsh-t
Old 09-04-08 | 12:02 PM
shadow191
Pole Position

Well I think people have been negative because usually when these projects start, people post specs, pictures of the parts, diagrams, etc. With this, we just have someone saying they're going to do it and 3 days later its' done and he wants to be in a magazine. No pictures, no explanations of how he plans to do it, nothing.

Originally Posted by 350forMe
well i agree there has been no encouragement or positive posts by most posters here. Just constant negative feedback and mockery. Thats not to say i total believe he has done it, its just a fact. Maybe its because there hasnt been any proof or specs and this thread was filled up with negative feedback. Anyways goodluck on your dyno and im sure many of us appreciate the hard work done a such a project. keep us updated.
Old 09-04-08 | 12:04 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
We would but if you look at the whole situation, what would you think? This whole thing started on 9-1, on 9-2 he had the turbo manifold completed, and on 9-3 he had everything on and it was working, today he dyno'd the car and all of a sudden it blew up.

So in a matter of barely even 3days a turbo setup was finished for a V6 and the ECU was completed?!?!? Yeah right! Sorry but I'm with everyone else, this is bullsh-t
I have read everyones post and their concerns on this project and I'm aware of the time frame. I also have an opinion on this subject but it still not right just to flame someone non-stop for something that isn't 100% in his control. The shop he is working with claims that they installed a turbo and it works. His car is driving around and as of now functioning. He's not trying to sell anything to us, but trying to share info (eventually) on his project and help out his community.

Last edited by fluxx; 09-04-08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-04-08 | 12:32 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FRANK!!
alright guys! im going to garden grove today to get my car dyno.
Originally Posted by FRANK!!
The turbo ****ed up my car! My car is keep on redlining. I called AAA to tow my car to my shop! They better fix it.
so your saying after they installed your turbo and your new ecu chip they failed to turn it on? wouldn't your car red line the first time they fired it up and started tunning your ecu? one another question i'm assuming you drove your car to garden grove with no problems....

on side note i say:
Old 09-04-08 | 12:39 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

There's two possibilities-

1) He's making the whole thing up:

Why? who knows. But people do things like that on online forums surprisingly often. They usually string it out over a longer period of time though, and they usually understand the topic they're fabricating about well enough to spin a better tale.

2) He doesn't understand anything about how cars work and neither does his shop, but the first fact left him unable to recognize the second. As a result they figured "eh, an import is an import" and threw some BS chip on there, rigged up some junk to physically attach the turbo and intercooler, and hoped for the best. As a result his car ended up on a flatbed.

When everyone here told him there's serious reasons it won't work properly and that many of the claims his shop was making (especially regarding the ECU) just didn't make sense, he insisted they know what they're doing...and now his car is hosed.

Possibility 2 is less likely, especially given the claims, the time frames, and the utter lack of a single bit of proof.

Make you wonder why a shop would provide free labor for a project they clearly didn't understand or have any idea how to do, or test, properly though.

And why they wouldn't send somebody to the dyno with him, or have documented a single step if they were doing it free for future business reasons

Or how he got it to the dyno if it didn't work.

And why a guy who just over a month ago was afraid to put springs on his car turned it over to a clueless shop for a full turbo project.

But I suppose it's possible.
Old 09-04-08 | 01:25 PM
350forMe
Rookie

whatever the case, it seems the turbo install was a failure. I hope you get your car fixed, that would suck if you couldnt. Anyways your a brave soul for trying.
Old 09-04-08 | 02:16 PM
is250rida
Driver

i just want to see some pictures... even if it is of the blown motor.. lol
Old 09-04-08 | 02:50 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks dude. post up pics and let us in on what's going on.
Old 09-04-08 | 04:35 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL

I don't belive untill I see, the isx50 has been out for more then 2 years....if it was that easy to turbo it, I think everyone with the money and the desire for power would've

Quick Reply: Turbo