Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

gs400 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08, 09:17 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default gs400 turbo

I am done with nitrous and I am ready to upgrade to FI.

I have a few questions to you guys that have already underwent FI to their 1uzfe's.

How much boost can be run SAFELY with a stock motor.
What type of injectors do you use? (I have heard of the ones off of the tundra will suffice)
What sort of power will the tranny hold?

I am looking for around 450whp. I would prefer not to build my motor. I just want to pep up my daily driver a bit and still have something reliable.

I am hung between doing a custom kit, one TT that has just been offered by a sponsor on here, or a rear mount kit.

I just need to know what all can be done safely without blowing my motor. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Old 09-02-08, 09:22 PM
evil00017
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you were runing nitrous?
Old 09-02-08, 09:34 PM
dcz
Pole Position

yeh I ran up to a 125 shot... tired of filling my bottle =D.. i want something that is there all the time and doesnt run out!
Old 09-02-08, 10:36 PM
evil00017
Pole Position

not to deviate from your subject but how was that? How many times can you shoot before filling a bottle?
Old 09-03-08, 08:12 AM
dcz
Pole Position

its cool.. I doubt I will get much feedback on the topic...

I dont have a specific number.. I had a 75 shot for a while.. filled it up probably 20 times.. That was probably the most ideal setup... the higher I went from there, the more uncomfortable I was. The more power from that, it felt like the transmission was struggling to shift and it seemed to skip on me several times with a higher shot....

If you go higher than a 75 you prob want to change your plugs out... then I would get an EMS, too.. a 75 shot was is just ideal in my opinion... Just make sure when you spray your car still pulls good and you change your water pump and timing belt... I wouldnt do it without doing that, but of course it isnt necessary...

The speed you gain with a 125 is pretty good though. I imagine I was in the 375whp range... I ran with my friends c6 vette from a roll.. I never raced from a stop because i didnt have LSD and my car is big as hell and wouldnt launch for crap..
Old 09-03-08, 08:39 AM
evil00017
Pole Position

Sweet. I think im going to go the nos route myself. I was planing on runing a 75shot. What other mods do you have other than the nos?
Old 09-03-08, 11:34 AM
dcz
Pole Position

heavy 18" wheels lol...

thats all i have.. no intake or exhaust or anything... it wouldnt hurt to get exhaust... I just know i was going to turbo my car so i didnt want to pay to do something i would eventually tear down...
Old 09-03-08, 11:46 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i know someone is building a twin turbo 400....search the general 2gen forums for GS400TT, i think that phrase is in the title. I doubt you're going to be able to get away with much power from FI without building your motor somewhat, when you see that thread it'll show you, that guy is putting some dumb money and time into his.
Old 09-04-08, 11:36 AM
klynchgs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally wouldn't go up to 450 rwhp w/o building the motor AND tranny...i'm in the process of a single turbo (a garrett gt42r) - i've built the motor and tranny - expecting to get around 550 rwhp...i blew a tranny when i had a supercharger and i was only pushing 380 to 400 to my wheels....good luck
Old 09-04-08, 11:26 PM
AG4
Rookie

Hello guys.

I can tell you first hand, building a turbo charged GS4 ain't no joke.

It is a very intense and costly project.

I have invested thousands of dollars in trying to do it right. If anyone has the magic, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails gs400 turbo-acz.jpg  
Old 09-06-08, 05:26 PM
TactiCOOL
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HOLY ****!

When did you boost that thing? And what did you change ya Color..Last i saw it in person it was RED.

DCZ...
Hey bro, check out youtube and type in the engine code. You will see some SICK engine...I never really though about what are engines are capable of untill i saw all the vids. ITB's would just be INSANE
Old 09-06-08, 08:49 PM
c0wboy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've asked plenty of times, but I'll ask again. What HP is that GSTT making? Any charts?

Eric
Old 09-13-08, 08:38 AM
Grip
Rookie

How much boost can the stock motor/tranny handle?
Old 10-01-08, 09:04 PM
dcz
Pole Position

AG4 good to hear from you again.. I didnt see your car up at the nopi nationals replacement show this year (probably a good thing cause the show sucked)

Anyway, yea.. my neighbor has a tig welder.. He is going to fab me up some manifolds.. I get free stainless steel, so I am going to do what I can for some custom manifolds.. It sucks everything for gs400's is so expensive, but oh well... If I get the manifolds right, I will try to do one set every few weeks and give them away lol... I love fabricating stuff up, so hopefully it works out.. I am working on a rearmount setup right now
Old 10-01-08, 09:09 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by klynchgs4
i personally wouldn't go up to 450 rwhp w/o building the motor AND tranny...i'm in the process of a single turbo (a garrett gt42r) - i've built the motor and tranny - expecting to get around 550 rwhp...i blew a tranny when i had a supercharger and i was only pushing 380 to 400 to my wheels....good luck
what supercharger set up do you have? I have a vortech head unit in my garage.. the only thing I need to do to get that kit going is a custom bracket and injectors

Quick Reply: gs400 turbo