Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Sonic Power Filter System

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 07:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Heh, the -lack- of useful modability is one of the things my wife _liked_ about the 2IS, after seeing me mod my previous vehicles so much.

A dyno, where you test the vehicle with the hood open and standing still, isn't really a good method of testing an intake, which is used with the hood down and the car in motion.

Track testing, trap speed in particular, is probably a slightly more useful judge of real gains for an intake... but you have to insure you correct for DA, engine heatsoak, and other factors when doing that kind of testing too.
Old 11-20-08, 10:02 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not saying it's the same...

I was just giving an example!

I know you guys want the best for me and I'm not fighthing anyone here I'm just telling you each one of them is trying to prove that his product is the best.

most of those stuff are the same cause most of them copy each other and I'm not saying JoeZ is copying every market out there..

but still most of them will have the same results..
Old 11-20-08, 11:40 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Heh, the -lack- of useful modability is one of the things my wife _liked_ about the 2IS, after seeing me mod my previous vehicles so much.

A dyno, where you test the vehicle with the hood open and standing still, isn't really a good method of testing an intake, which is used with the hood down and the car in motion.

Track testing, trap speed in particular, is probably a slightly more useful judge of real gains for an intake... but you have to insure you correct for DA, engine heatsoak, and other factors when doing that kind of testing too.
That just gave me the idea of doing quarter miles with the hood taken off the car, less weight, more air
Old 11-20-08, 12:01 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
That just gave me the idea of doing quarter miles with the hood taken off the car, less weight, more air
lol call me when you plan to go.

i'll be there

dude, we can the be twin blue 2IS's going down the track together w/o hoods LOL