Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 03:48 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A 350 would be twice as much fun as far as power goes. Infinitely more fun than a 250 with a blown motor for that matter.
Old 09-24-08, 05:21 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pylee257
i have already talked to steve @ LMS and he said that they have done two installs on an IS250 (not sure on the validity on his claim) without a problem. All im looking for from this kit is, a decent bump in power and more than anything torque, as well as being able to be one of the few IS250's with a supercharger kit out there. Plus its a hell of a project, and i think thats also what intrigues me into doing this. LMS said that they have piping, can make me pullys, and they also have the brackets. all i would need to source is the blower head unit, and the IC. but i would have to make the IC myself since it is a complete custom fabrication to begin with. if anyone has the dimensions and depth of the intercooler, that would help out immensly. more important than dimensions per se is the piping has to match up. new IC ideas to make the blower run more efficiently would not be a bad idea
To my knowledge there was only 1 car with the Supercharger on a IS250 and that was the K&N car that was at SEMA I think 2 years back. But I could be wrong. And the K&N car was more for show not driven really so we know it fits but does it run correctly.
Old 09-25-08, 07:37 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, this is something worth trying out and all, but I'd rather get an IS350 then SC that. Way more power to boot right off the bat, just take everything off and trade in your car. Don't get me wrong I'm all for whatever you're trying to do, believe me.
Old 09-25-08, 10:00 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Once upon a time.. I woke up from a dream and called LMS back in the day... LOL.. and I asked them if it fits on the 250... and they told me it does! =(

btw John im going up to see Kam soon I shall come see this monster in person
Old 09-25-08, 10:24 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

LMK when you're going I might go up to hang out or something. I gotta see your beast!
Old 09-25-08, 12:46 PM
Supershyguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Zexnos
This is the only dynojet plot i have discovered thus far. I do not know why the base numbers are low. This is on a 2006 IS 350 with the Greddy axle back.

Base: HP 246 TQ 223

SC: HP 309 TQ 269

This one is pretty close

we had a base of

230HP base

287HP SC

when we dynoed my car
Old 09-25-08, 01:41 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Supershyguy
This one is pretty close

we had a base of

230HP base

287HP SC

when we dynoed my car
On what car? Because not only is the 246 in the quoted graph very low for stock (as noted) 230 is -extremely- low for a stock IS350 (and massively high for a 250)
Old 09-25-08, 04:31 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

^^I agree, usually the 350s would be at 260hp at least
Old 09-25-08, 09:34 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The S/C has to be putting out over 300rwhp. I saw an n/a vs s/c run earlier and there is definately a hp difference there.
Old 09-26-08, 12:38 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey john, Did you get a chance to work on your car? I just got the crank pulley, and s/c bracket from from dq.

I was wondering if i can call still get these parts on the parts list you sent me? You think they still make it?
Old 09-26-08, 07:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by got_trd
The S/C has to be putting out over 300rwhp. I saw an n/a vs s/c run earlier and there is definately a hp difference there.
I have no problem believing the 5 lb boost of the LMS supercharger puts the IS350 over 300 rwhp (barely).

My problem is that the -stock- IS350 should be showing over 260 rwhp and wasn't in either dyno result mentioned. Somewhere around 265 give or take 5 hp is about right for a stock 350....so somewhere around 305, give or take 5 hp, should be about right for the LMS supercharger (with no other mods).
Old 09-26-08, 07:11 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow
Hey john, Did you get a chance to work on your car? I just got the crank pulley, and s/c bracket from from dq.

I was wondering if i can call still get these parts on the parts list you sent me? You think they still make it?
Just curious, why does it come w/ a crank pulley? bigger/smaller than stock or is it a dual belt pulley?
Old 09-26-08, 08:18 AM
KMRIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Just curious, why does it come w/ a crank pulley? bigger/smaller than stock or is it a dual belt pulley?
It turns the stock single pulley to a dual pulley. This allows a belt to be ran to the SC. Its kinda a nice setup so if you ever have a problem with the SC you just remove the belt and the car is back to stock. "With a very long intake"
Old 09-26-08, 12:48 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2slow

You bastard! hahah I was gonna get those parts from Doug LOL anyways, I'm sure you can get those parts, you just need to know the sizes of the piping and you have to find a place that can CNC you the SC bracket things I dont know what its called haha
Old 09-28-08, 10:01 AM
synapse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KMRIS350
I took one of the HKS BOVs apart tonight and it has a torn bladder. Could explain the boot leak But I still think its not a good match for our application with the stock spring. Im not sure if it needs to be stiffer or not. I have 2 and I swiped a 3rd today just to test while I had the nose off the car and all of them fluttered when releasing pressure. Crap I should have ran the video! I know for a fact the one I swiped works great on my friends car "I think he is boostin 18-20". Im giving him all of of them! Im over it! Ill stick with the Synapse Synchronic BOV! Boost and swoosh!
Hey boys, I'm glad that you're seeing first hand the benefits of the Synchronic design on your SC system. I watched the videos and have a couple of tips that will make the BOV work, about 100% better for your application.
  1. Please connect the 3rd port (Port C) to a boost-only source. Do not, use a check valve to a vacuum source as it will trap pressure. Try to gett boost-only from one of the charge pipes, or perhaps a threaded fitting on the compressor housing.
  2. Once you have boost-only connected, play around with different hose combinations of the vac hoses on the back. You have 3 possible combinations, both hoses, and 2 with only either hose on the back connected.
  3. You can also remove the re-circ fitting, it looks cleaner, and it helps discharge the air with a larger radius of discharge immediately after the valve head.

Give these things a try and you should see some marked improvements. If any of you are close to San Diego, you are welcome to come down and use our dyno for testing.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit