Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 11:58 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I'm kinda new to this boost thing, so do you have a diagram or something to show? I'll have pics up this weekend to show how the system looks.
Thanks to KMRIS350's layout my crude depiction of the layout this, should help.
iSuxeL & KMRIS350 do I have this correct??

Originally Posted by synapse
You should probably, recirculate the discharge of the Synapse BOV between the MAF and Turbo inlet
Synapse,
Is this sucking through the MAF? With this set up does the BOV discharge go anywhere between the MAF and Supercharger inlet or outlet??
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit-lms-is350-set-up-3-sc-web-large-.jpg  
Old 10-02-08, 12:01 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I'm kinda new to this boost thing, so do you have a diagram or something to show? I'll have pics up this weekend to show how the system looks.
This will be good to see how you did your custom tension pulley.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-05-08 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 02:33 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly how the set up is. My custom tensioner pulleys are just made different sizes and out of 6061 aluminum to reduce some weight but I don't think that matters in this case. So with this setup do we still need to recirc the discharge synapse??
Old 10-02-08, 03:02 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

So you added a couple of pulleys on the bracket to help the belt wrap on on the S/C pulley?
I'm not sure on the BOV recirculation air, waiting for Synapse to reply. But I thought that you do not need it unless your getting some stalling.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-02-08 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 03:55 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

hmmm, so this kit was producing around 40whp when they had boost leeks, so shouldn't there be more power now without the leak?
Old 10-02-08, 09:03 PM
KMRIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
So you add a couple of pullyes on the bracket to help the belt wrap on on the S/C pulley?
I'm not sure on the BOV recirculation air, waiting for Synapse to reply. But I thought that you do not need it unless your getting some stalling.
From the BOV directions with the current setup in the picture a couple of posts back there is no need to recalculate. I had a couple of tuners ride with me and they said it will help if the car is stalling. Like I said in my first post about this issue. Mine ONLY does it when sitting in parked and I rev it high and let off. So basically parked…slam the gas BOV does its big swooooosh and let off. It will drop in RPMS for a slight sec and bounce back up. It has not stalled but it gets kinda close some times. I honestly don’t do it that much just to kinda show the guys what the BOV sounds like. Driving its not a issue at all.
Old 10-02-08, 09:12 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Keoni, how is the BOV working now?? Should I step up and get it? My boost gauge is getting installed this Sunday so I can find out how many lbs I'm actually getting.
Old 10-03-08, 04:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

bypass valve > blow off valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

BOV= car makes ricey sound.

Bypass valve= car actually works properly.
Old 10-03-08, 09:59 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
bypass valve > blow off valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

BOV= car makes ricey sound.

Bypass valve= car actually works properly.
Disadvantages

The unique sound caused by a blowoff valve (but not a compressor bypass valve) sometimes comes at a price. On a car where the blowoff valve is mounted after the mass airflow sensor, venting to atmosphere confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time. Engines with a manifold absolute pressure regulated ECU or where the blowoff is mounted upstream of the MAF sensor are not affected.

Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is properly burned in the cylinder which can allow unburned fuel to combust upon contact with and melt the converter or to cause incompletely combusted fuel to leave heavy carbon deposits).
Old 10-03-08, 10:47 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Well isn't that the point the Synapse BOV was created? To eliminate surging and to make SC's and turbo's to work much more efficient?
Old 10-04-08, 01:58 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t0e
Disadvantages

The unique sound caused by a blowoff valve (but not a compressor bypass valve) sometimes comes at a price. On a car where the blowoff valve is mounted after the mass airflow sensor, venting to atmosphere confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time. Engines with a manifold absolute pressure regulated ECU or where the blowoff is mounted upstream of the MAF sensor are not affected.

Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is properly burned in the cylinder which can allow unburned fuel to combust upon contact with and melt the converter or to cause incompletely combusted fuel to leave heavy carbon deposits).
Well you can see by the layout of the LMS system that should not be an issue because the blow BOV is located before the MAF sensor.
Old 10-04-08, 01:17 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I plan on removing the recirc fitting once I install mines. I noticed that Keoni didn't remove his.
Old 10-06-08, 07:05 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New video up, IS350 w/Intake vs John's SC'd IS350

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAn1nCR76_c
Old 10-06-08, 07:51 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

^ nice run
Old 10-06-08, 08:50 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Took long enough for that video to be posted! LOL I also killed a stock 335i haha and yes I still havent fixed my slipping yet.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit