Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 09:11 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
dont get me wrong, boost is but I dont see how piecing a kit up would cost anywhere near the $5k msrp. $50 for a filter, $20-30 for a pulley, $100-150 for an intercooler, some U-bend, couplers, clamps, and of course the procharger. I think the most troublesome part is to fabricate piping and brackets. correct me if i'm wrong
i agree. but boost is boost.

Think of it this way. A intake is just a stupid metal pipe and a filter. Many companys like AEM or Injen sell them for $250.

WHERE IS THE SOUND CLIP?
Old 09-16-08, 10:00 PM
KMRIS350
Driver

dont get me wrong, boost is but I dont see how piecing a kit up would cost anywhere near the $5k msrp. $50 for a filter, $20-30 for a pulley, $100-150 for an intercooler, some U-bend, couplers, clamps, and of course the procharger. I think the most troublesome part is to fabricate piping and brackets. correct me if i'm wrong
The biggest cost is the ATI Procharger! Even if you can get a good used one it’s going to cost up to $1800 to have it completely rebuilt. btw ATI has great customer service!! Rebuilt and returned in less then 14 days!! Can the project be done for less then $5k? Sure! But with everything you have to plan on problems during the install. I dropped $400 alone on new air tools just to get the crank pulley off. If you plan on a shop to do your install it could cost another $1k

Here is a list of stuff for the kit.

ATI ProCharger
SC Mount "custom"
SC Mount spacers "custom"
Crank pulley "custom"
Pipes "custom"
Clamps and silicone
K&N Filter
Mounting hardware "nuts bolts"
Pulleys
HKS BOV
Intercooler
Belt

If you need any help let me know! Ill take some vids after my new BOV gets installed.

Keoni

Last edited by KMRIS350; 09-16-08 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-16-08, 10:59 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KMRIS350
The biggest cost is the ATI Procharger! Even if you can get a good used one it’s going to cost up to $1800 to have it completely rebuilt. btw ATI has great customer service!! Rebuilt and returned in less then 14 days!! Can the project be done for less then $5k? Sure! But with everything you have to plan on problems during the install. I dropped $400 alone on new air tools just to get the crank pulley off. If you plan on a shop to do your install it could cost another $1k

Here is a list of stuff for the kit.

ATI ProCharger
SC Mount "custom"
SC Mount spacers "custom"
Crank pulley "custom"
Pipes "custom"
Clamps and silicone
K&N Filter
Mounting hardware "nuts bolts"
Pulleys
HKS BOV
Intercooler
Belt

If you need any help let me know! Ill take some vids after my new BOV gets installed.

Keoni
Nice, but Keoni right. It will be tough to piece the kit together. The most expensive stuff is the supercharger itself and the hardest parts to get is the custom crank pulley and supercharger bracket which were both CNC. I should know I help put this kit together and finalize the kit. BTW I do still have a set of the crank pulley and supercharger bracket. I hope the partlist some of you guys got was more clear up than the last one. If anyone needs help with a used kit of the install I have some pics that may help also.

DQ
Old 09-16-08, 11:06 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddquach
Nice, but Keoni right. It will be tough to piece the kit together. The most expensive stuff is the supercharger itself and the hardest parts to get is the custom crank pulley and supercharger bracket which were both CNC. I should know I help put this kit together and finalize the kit. BTW I do still have a set of the crank pulley and supercharger bracket. I hope the partlist some of you guys got was more clear up than the last one. If anyone needs help with a used kit of the install I have some pics that may help also.

DQ
How much do you want for your crank pulley and sc bracket? PM me a price on it. and some pictures will help also. Thanks
Old 09-16-08, 11:37 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

^ wow, talk about baller status man.
Old 09-17-08, 06:17 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a couple more pictures.

Hey man. You need to lighten up those wheels. Some of the gains off that SC are going to be negated by those heavy heavy wheels. I had the mrr's before. Freaking great looking wheel for the price; however, they weigh a ton. Ditch that extra rotational weight and you should be booming. Or if you go to the track put your stock wheels back on.

nice job.
Old 09-17-08, 07:09 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not wrong, I never said it would cost near $5k, what I'm saying is that, people expect piecing a kit together would be around $2k when it wont be. They look at the situation and see $2-$3000 and they say no already. IMHO I think it'll cost roughly mid $3s, the charger alone is over $2k brand new.

Piping wouldn't actually be that hard, you just need to know the sizes, cause they're not the same width. The bracket on the other hand is custom, so you would have to find someone that can make the EXACT same one.
Old 09-17-08, 07:21 AM
KMRIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
Hey man. You need to lighten up those wheels. Some of the gains off that SC are going to be negated by those heavy heavy wheels. I had the mrr's before. Freaking great looking wheel for the price; however, they weigh a ton. Ditch that extra rotational weight and you should be booming. Or if you go to the track put your stock wheels back on.

nice job.
I agree!! I put the GT-1s on because they were much lighter then my stock "chrome" wheels. I think around 10lbs
Old 09-17-08, 08:51 AM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You're not wrong, I never said it would cost near $5k, what I'm saying is that, people expect piecing a kit together would be around $2k when it wont be. They look at the situation and see $2-$3000 and they say no already. IMHO I think it'll cost roughly mid $3s, the charger alone is over $2k brand new.

Piping wouldn't actually be that hard, you just need to know the sizes, cause they're not the same width. The bracket on the other hand is custom, so you would have to find someone that can make the EXACT same one.
you gotto pay to play I just wished LMS would of price this kit accordingly and not base on the make of the car. props to the hand full of people with this SC kit and Doug (the very first SC 2IS)

we'll be waiting on videos, sound clip, dyno, track time, and even videos of kills from all you SC'd 2IS owners.
Old 09-17-08, 09:21 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I'm going to try to post a video tonight. In car, outside revs because I love giving people what they want. I know a lot of people say that the SC sounds like its surging but its not, thats the way the BOV sounds. Its like a fluttering sound and to be honest I like it
Old 09-17-08, 09:22 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree!! I put the GT-1s on because they were much lighter then my stock "chrome" wheels. I think around 10lbs
There is no way those gt1's are lighter than your stock wheels. You need to re-weigh.
Old 09-17-08, 09:34 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Thats why I love my 1pc forged wheels!
Old 09-17-08, 10:58 AM
KMRIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by combfilter
There is no way those gt1's are lighter than your stock wheels. You need to re-weigh.
There could have been a discrepancy between my house scale and the UPS scale when I shipped the stock chrome wheels. Either way you’re correct they are both pigs!
Old 09-17-08, 09:46 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see some action!!!!

PS. What brand intercooler is the LMS? Universal?
Old 09-18-08, 03:54 AM
Zexnos
Driver

Originally Posted by 2slow
Let's see some action!!!!

PS. What brand intercooler is the LMS? Universal?
It was a custom build from a company called Extreme Turbo Systems.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit