Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-08, 08:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman1117
exactly the reason I gave up on the IS There are better cars out there as you can see for performance. The IS just gets no loving for aftermarket performance and no one is ever going to crack the ECU....

Good luck with everything John I give you credit for trying!
Old 09-20-08, 08:50 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
exactly the reason I gave up on the IS There are better cars out there as you can see for performance. The IS just gets no loving for aftermarket performance and no one is ever going to crack the ECU....

Good luck with everything John I give you credit for trying!
Thanks! But like I said this is for MY enjoyment and do not expect to kill Supra's LOL I just got a couple more mods to come for performance and I'm done. But I promise you, I will have all my problems sorted out
Old 09-20-08, 10:35 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, Keoni

Get your meth kit put in and you can tell the different in power. You'll have more linear power threw all the gear. Keoni I think I told you and John that you'll get some belt slip on high rpm. If you can slove that like I did with a tensioner some how you'll be good. Sorry I'm not 100% sure how the boys fix the belt slip but whatever they did the trick. But like John said you like the power anyways because it your own ride.....
Old 09-21-08, 01:08 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Noob question, what's a Meth kit?

Do the supercharger always have these problems? To all cars and not just ours.
Old 09-21-08, 08:06 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything you need to know about meth is here *I think*
http://www.coolingmist.com/
Not all SC's have this problem, I think cause ours was a custom application, on top of that, Keoni and I are using different SC pulleys for more boost, at least I am.
Old 09-21-08, 08:19 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman1117
oh man.... ouch
Old 09-21-08, 08:20 AM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2slow
Noob question, what's a Meth kit?

Do the supercharger always have these problems? To all cars and not just ours.
Methanol/Water base injection help reduce intake temps and have a better air/fuel ratio. It help car run better and reduce the chance of denotation. Think of it as running race gas but on pump gas. Evo guys run it all the time. So its not related to just our cars. Hope that kinda explains it.
Old 09-21-08, 08:44 AM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

^ would there be any benefit of NA cars running meth?
Old 09-21-08, 12:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,990 Likes on 2,414 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
^ would there be any benefit of NA cars running meth?
No. Methanol's heat of vaporization is where the big advantage is. There's no advantage if you aren't running very high compression or forced induction. In some applications you can run meth instead of an intercooler because meth pulls a lot of heat out of the equation when it vaporizes.

There are plenty of drawbacks. Methanol is corrosive to aluminum, and any one who has used methanol as a fuel by itself knows to "pickle" the fuel system with gasoline before putting the vehicle on the trailer or the fuel system will corrode internally.

Many of the same results can be achieved with plain water. It's cheaper too.
Old 09-21-08, 12:38 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

isex, wheres the sound clip?

How come Is350 SC kit doesn't sound like other SC kit? it has that weird sound like a cracked header
Old 09-21-08, 04:18 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I don't know if anyone posted this already. But... how many pounds is the car SC running(or supposed to be running). And is there any ecu mod, if not what code comes up?
Old 09-21-08, 05:25 PM
Zexnos
Driver

The supercharger runs 5 PSI.

There are no ECU mods and there should not be any codes.
Old 09-21-08, 06:07 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, you guys need to back off of John a little..... His car is definately quick imo. I give him props for his ride esp. being on air which isn't really the best suspension to be racing on to begin with. The runs were purely for fun which explains some of the commentary in the vids. Im sure once his car is up to par it'll be a really close race considering I dont do any other mods to my car in the meantime I still have stock downpipes/cats, stock intercooler and been considering going with meth also. For 5-6psi or whatever the LMS kit is putting out, I think it held up pretty well....
Old 09-21-08, 09:14 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by got_trd
wow, you guys need to back off of John a little..... His car is definately quick imo. I give him props for his ride esp. being on air which isn't really the best suspension to be racing on to begin with. The runs were purely for fun which explains some of the commentary in the vids. Im sure once his car is up to par it'll be a really close race considering I dont do any other mods to my car in the meantime I still have stock downpipes/cats, stock intercooler and been considering going with meth also. For 5-6psi or whatever the LMS kit is putting out, I think it held up pretty well....
I agree just chill. John just doing what he enjoys. Just like I did when I first started it. I give anyone props for doing things in the grey area and tryin to improve on it. That what makes car entheastic who they are. I got my share of heat as well so John, Keoni enjoy the kit. I wish I still had it....
Old 09-21-08, 09:39 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah. I think Isuxel is doing us all a favor, through trial and error. No need to rush things.

Btw, where's my list!!!

jk

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 06-07 Prostreet S/C Kit