Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking for digital pictures of installed SRT Intake on GS300

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-08, 10:42 AM
Patsfan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions regarding a SRT Intake on GS300

I'm having some issues with my intake that are turning the check engine light on.
The car operates fine, however I did notice one issue. When I pump gas I cannot insert the pump all the way into the tank. If I do, the gas will turn off after about 2 gallons since the pump thinks the tank is full. Clearly this is a sensor issue.

I'm thinking this may be related to the Vacuum Switching Valve (Part#90910-12220) and I'm guessing this should be removed when the intake is installed.
The instructions from SRT are beyond terrible and weren't clear as what to do with this. I even called SRT and although he didn't seem quite sure what to do, he said it should remain attached.

I'm hoping someone could offer some insight and possibly attach some high resolution pictures of an install so I can compare it to mine. I needed to get my inspection done yesterday and I can't until this is resolved.

Thanks

Last edited by Patsfan; 10-05-08 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-03-08, 04:00 PM
Patsfan
Driver

Updating with error codes

P0446 - Electrical circuit for the vent control in the evap. emission control system

P0451 - Voltage signal from the pressure sensor in the evap system is out of range

P0441 - Purge flow in the evap system is incorrect

Can anyone even answer if the VSV is supposed to remain hooked up when the intake is installed?

Please help!!
Old 10-07-08, 09:57 AM
Patsfan
Driver

Bumping this since my car is now is past my inspection month.

With all the people out there with SRT Intakes, no one can help with this simple question?
Old 10-07-08, 10:13 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

When I pump gas I cannot insert the pump all the way into the tank. If I do, the gas will turn off after about 2 gallons since the pump thinks the tank is full. Clearly this is a sensor issue.
this is not a issue that is related to the car. the pump would stop if the gas reaches to the neck of the pump filler which stops the pump from overfilling into the car. there is no sensor in the car to trigger the pump to stop

You might want to check your vaccum hoses and your evap canister and sensor. or try doing a 15minute ecu reset.
Old 10-07-08, 10:32 AM
Patsfan
Driver

Thanks for the reply.

I've done the reset, and it comes back.

The pump issue happens at EVERY gas station I go to. If there is no sensor that is related to this, then that would mean the gas is somehow staying around the neck of the pump?

The issue never happened in 5 years until I put the SRT on the car, and the hoses are all brand new that I purchased locally.

Any info on the VSV?
Old 10-07-08, 12:53 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

uhh. what year is your car. did you get the wiring on the ecu correct. no you do not remove the vsv actuator when installing the intake. i can take some pictures later on tonight.
Old 10-08-08, 11:16 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

sorry i havent gotten time to take pictures yet. but i stumble onto this post. hope it helps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=384123

like i said there shouldnt be a sensor. but check with the above thread and i will come back with pictures.
Old 10-09-08, 11:17 AM
Patsfan
Driver

2002 GS300

That thread is the same problems I am having, and there was a mention of somene with an intake having the problems.

Back to my install
We soldered the ECU and 3 of us checked it before taping it back up and closing it. I can say I am extremely confident the problem doesn't lie there.

For the hosing though, that could be the issue.
I purchased this off "NBart" and he said he used the Lexus stock hosing, which I tried but it was about 2 inches too short.
I took the hosing to AutoZone and they gave me a few feet of the same stuff.

I ran the hosing from the tip of the filter.....
**It wasn't as tight as the instructions said it would be since it didn't come from SRT and they were unresponsive to me when I requested tubing from them**
....to the VSV and then hosing from the other end of the VSV back to the car.

Then there was also the issue of the VSV just hanging there since there was no spot on the SRT intake to bolt it down to.

Possible problems
The hose at the tip of the filter isn't snug enough.

Or a long shot (although I'm not sure if the car would start)
The hosing is connected to the opposite ends of the VSV.
Pictures would help answer this definitively.
Old 10-10-08, 12:26 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

generally the hose from the top of the filter is not the problem i sometimes disconnect it and its not a problem at all. you might want to check your other hoses after the maf sensor.

....to the VSV and then hosing from the other end of the VSV back to the car.

Then there was also the issue of the VSV just hanging there since there was no spot on the SRT intake to bolt it down to.
this is what i dont understand.

check wiring, the gs has 2 differnet maf sensor. one from 98-00 and 01 and up. your 01 and up should use the diagram below. borrowed this from myis fourm.
Old 10-10-08, 12:35 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

try this pdf. it should help. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...1cOg3So1Q-yzQg

and
Old 10-11-08, 11:03 AM
Patsfan
Driver

Originally Posted by Deception
generally the hose from the top of the filter is not the problem i sometimes disconnect it and its not a problem at all. you might want to check your other hoses after the maf sensor.

this is what i dont understand.
To be more clear, this is the VSV for EVAP. I checked the connection and the angled connector hooks up to the tubing from the tip of the filter. The straight connector off the VSV goes back to the car. This is step 6 from the PDF.
Unless I am missing a part or something, this VSV for EVAP has nowhere to bolt into. I zip tied it to the intake tubing so it cannot move.

I re-checked the ECU wiring and that still looks correct to me.

Side question: Do these errors have a negative effect on the car or is it just an environmental issue?
Old 10-11-08, 04:31 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

its somewhat to the gas ecomony but nothing real bad. but should be fixed right away.

well try removing the srt intake and the ecu module and clear the codes and see what happen. from this point its vacumm hose, the ecu, the vsv module.
Old 04-19-09, 03:29 PM
alkurd
Driver School Candidate

Default Locate VSV and EVAP Emission System

I have code P0441 and P0446 on 1998 GS300. I looked under the hood, but couldn't locate the VSV nor the Vacuum Canister. Can anyone provide pictures showing the actual location of the EVAP EMISSION SYSTEM Components ?
Old 04-19-09, 03:34 PM
alkurd
Driver School Candidate

I have code P0441 and P0446 on 1998 GS300. I looked under the hood, but couldn't locate the VSV nor the Vacuum Canistor. Can anyone provide pictures showing the actual location of the EVAP EMISSION SYSTEM Components ?
Old 04-19-09, 07:32 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like you need a new ecu box, or check wiring.