Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Squires Turbo Systems (STS) - has anyone heard of this

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 09:22 AM
Supraownzu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I am going to sound like A hole, but F it. Some of you really need to stop making ISH up, please.

You are missleading people just like you have possible been misslead your self with incorrect information from someone else.

I'm going to have to go with GS Fonzy on this one. ive been laughing my *** off reading some of the stuff that has been put in this post.

is it an alternative, yes, is it a good one, not IMO. even the guy with the truck that has it could do better. does it work, of course, but there are draw backs to it. ive looked at a few kits (also helped install some), and they are kinda hookey. the three kits ive been a part of, have all had problems in one way shape or form.

if you arent trying to make a million HP, a bolt on it would be far better of an idea that the STS.
Old 10-22-08, 09:22 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
+1 on this comment and Supra_Owners. Unless you're building it from scratch and have a welder on retainer, it's going to run into the $8-12k range to turbo out a GS4xxx
Just curious, would it make a different if it was a GS300?
Old 10-22-08, 09:42 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy
Then you would be assuming that STS's remote system is that much better than any of the FI systems currently available for the GS3 and it's the start of a whole new conversation.

STS appeals to me only because of the remote mounting as I have a GS430.
Old 10-22-08, 09:57 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Then you would be assuming that STS's remote system is that much better than any of the FI systems currently available for the GS3 and it's the start of a whole new conversation.

STS appeals to me only because of the remote mounting as I have a GS430.
I get where you're coming from but actually, no, the conversation is exactly on course. This was in response to your post:

Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
+1 on this comment and Supra_Owners. Unless you're building it from scratch and have a welder on retainer, it's going to run into the $8-12k range to turbo out a GS4xxx

My question was specific to the cost of a traditional boost on a GS3.

The viability of an STS on a GS, be that a GS3, 4, or 43 is still the question. Since this is a remote system the mounting is basically the same, the piping in the engine is where things are different. The pricing for the universal set up is around $2,400 btw, probably another 1k labor.

Last edited by ZippyGuy; 10-22-08 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-22-08, 07:32 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Universal kit is great for the GS430 because of the lack of engine room to do a conventional front mount. Just beware of bad weather or you'll suck up some water with the turbo mounted so low. We built a custom intake on my silverado that moves the filter up higher in the back.
Old 10-22-08, 10:20 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

I give....I'm looking for a JDM Aristo engine or a USDM 2JZ-GTE twin turbo. After talking to SEVERAL mechanics today, along with my boy at VIPGarage here in the DC region, doing a swap makes more since (to me) for the GS300 than any other option. Quite frankly, after talking to a few folks about the STS I don't thing it's a good idea of the IS or GS, maybe someone can do something with the LS, LX, RX, etc. Great product, wrong application.

Oh, and GS FOnzy...I still hate you Just kidding!!
Old 10-23-08, 09:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

just not the BEST solution for the 300. it will work but you would be better off going with a na-t, a tt swap and doing a single turbo or something like that! we (us gs400 and gs430 owners) just dont have the options you'll have for performance or power unless you wanna go supercharged and im not a fan of the sc! so this is y this setup appeals to me!
Old 10-23-08, 05:46 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, and GS FOnzy...I still hate you Just kidding!!
Your probably serious, but it's ok. I'm not one to get my feeling hurt easily, but if you give it, you better be able to take it

What power are you looking to make with your GS?
Old 10-23-08, 06:02 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Your probably serious, but it's ok. I'm not one to get my feeling hurt easily, but if you give it, you better be able to take it

What power are you looking to make with your GS?
I'm looking for 290-310 on my existing engine, 320-400 with the potential for upgrading if my tuner can find an engine for the swap. My tuner is looking into option now for me, since it's a daily dirver and I have a supercharged 350Z roadster in the garage as my go fast, I don't want to get to wild with the GS.

Oh, I dish it and I take it. Life is a highway, not meadows and ponds.
Old 10-23-08, 06:16 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can have a "Traditional" front mount turbo on a GS4 and I think there is a kit available for $9k. If it's discontinued, like all of the other FI products for the GS4, you can always have one custom fabricated. It is an option to have a turbo next to the engine where it would be more efficient, but it's just a very expensive option.
Old 10-23-08, 06:49 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

You can have a "Traditional" front mount turbo on a GS4 and I think there is a kit available for $9k. If it's discontinued, like all of the other FI products for the GS4, you can always have one custom fabricated. It is an option to have a turbo next to the engine where it would be more efficient, but it's just a very expensive option.
I'm doing an Aristo or GTE swap for under 5K on a GS300. That's this year's budget. I have a few more grand that will free up spring of 09 (provided the economy turns around) so I'll take care of any upgrades/updates then.

The GS4, GS4.3 really are limited in options, that's why the STS was blowing my mind. At the end of the day, it not as viable as I thought for any of the GS's.
Old 10-24-08, 09:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

yeah u right it is a expensive option! i just hate to dump 9k into something that still wont make 500 rwhp! i looked at 2 that they make for the gs430 and one was like 13k for the turbo. i saw a company that would build u a custome twin turbo setup and build the motor and it was almost 45k. thats just not worth it.....least not to me! hell that guys motor u can buy for like 15k + 6k for the stroker
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=378654
would be one hell of a na or even a low compression motor but its just not worth 21k to me nor would the price of a custom one. its most of the time not feasible to put that kinda money into our models.
Old 10-24-08, 05:28 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

This is one sick truck...
Old 10-25-08, 08:04 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

I'm doing an Aristo or GTE swap for under 5K on a GS300. That's this year's budget. I have a few more grand that will free up spring of 09 (provided the economy turns around) so I'll take care of any upgrades/updates then.

The GS4, GS4.3 really are limited in options, that's why the STS was blowing my mind. At the end of the day, it not as viable as I thought for any of the GS's.
You do know that you can swap a 2j vvti aristo motor in a gs4 the only difference is the rear mount. Why do people think the gs4 is so hard to swap a motor in the 2jz vvti swap is 2-3k depending on where you get it.
Old 10-25-08, 11:32 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by japspec
You do know that you can swap a 2j vvti aristo motor in a gs4 the only difference is the rear mount. Why do people think the gs4 is so hard to swap a motor in the 2jz vvti swap is 2-3k depending on where you get it.
The point was to boost the V8 not motor swap.

Quick Reply: Squires Turbo Systems (STS) - has anyone heard of this