Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Squires Turbo Systems (STS) - has anyone heard of this

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-08, 01:48 AM
Eddie@JP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be the ginny on this one if I get this GS400 I'm looking at. I'm getting an STS kit for my Z so I'll just get the universal kit for the GS. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-26-08, 10:02 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie@JP
I'll be the ginny on this one if I get this GS400 I'm looking at. I'm getting an STS kit for my Z so I'll just get the universal kit for the GS. I'll keep you guys posted.
PLEASE keep us posted!! Also, PM sent.
Old 10-26-08, 10:29 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twojayzee
The point was to boost the V8 not motor swap.
Well if your going to spend that money trying to boost a v8, you might as well get a 2jz swap and save accordingly until your ready to drop it in.
Old 10-26-08, 12:18 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by japspec
You do know that you can swap a 2j vvti aristo motor in a gs4 the only difference is the rear mount. Why do people think the gs4 is so hard to swap a motor in the 2jz vvti swap is 2-3k depending on where you get it.
a non-vvti 2jz is that cheap...it's tough to find a good VVTi GTE full swap for less than 3500-4000
Old 10-28-08, 07:51 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
http://www.lextreme.com/tt.html

email this guy i believe he's a member on here. and this was on his ls400 but almost the same concept! its very doable just a little pricey and time consuming! but not many options for turbo out for our cars without spending like 12k!
ok here's the guy i found him on here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/13085-lextreme.html
Old 10-28-08, 08:00 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

The question I have is what are people doing the engine management on these turbo system on our cars? Stand alones or piggy backs?
Old 10-29-08, 04:43 AM
Eddie@JP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
The question I have is what are people doing the engine management on these turbo system on our cars? Stand alones or piggy backs?
I havent done mine yet, obviously, but I would think it would depend on what your power goals are. I'm just looking to go with moderate boost just to get some decent power. So more than likely I will use a piggyback. Plus it'll be more cost effective. Unless someone is trying to get killer power than a standalone might be too much. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-29-08, 08:27 AM
Supraownzu
Driver

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
a non-vvti 2jz is that cheap...it's tough to find a good VVTi GTE full swap for less than 3500-4000

non-vvti are cheaper, i picked mine up for $2600 shipped with the 4speed tranny.
Old 10-29-08, 08:51 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

I havent done mine yet, obviously, but I would think it would depend on what your power goals are. I'm just looking to go with moderate boost just to get some decent power. So more than likely I will use a piggyback. Plus it'll be more cost effective. Unless someone is trying to get killer power than a standalone might be too much. Just my opinion though.
Well let me know when you get your set up. I just put my gs400 over a pit to check spacing around the exhaust and underbody. There ain't ***** for room. So I'd like to see how you do it. Post pix too please.
Old 10-30-08, 05:55 AM
Eddie@JP
Driver School Candidate

Will do.
Old 10-30-08, 08:05 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraownzu
non-vvti are cheaper, i picked mine up for $2600 shipped with the 4speed tranny.
which is exactly what i said please read.
Old 10-31-08, 06:18 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by japspec
Well if your going to spend that money trying to boost a v8, you might as well get a 2jz swap and save accordingly until your ready to drop it in.
wouldn't that just defeat our purpose of us boosting our v8's? sigh
Old 10-31-08, 10:38 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't wait to see what the STS will do with a V8. If it works correctly, this is a whole new direction!
Old 11-02-08, 10:34 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True about the power, but you will have issues with your oem ecu trying to take over the changes you made with the piggyback (A/F Controller). However; there are ways to combat this without having to spend a lot of $$$.
Old 11-02-08, 10:54 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're thinking of boosting the V8, please know that anything past 400rwhp is playing with fire on a stock bottom end. That being said, on a built motor and proper turbo kit, you could be looking at 800rwhp safely. Convert to the 2uzfe iron block and give it all it's got. Have money ready because it's going to cost, but building a V8TT kit always does. If you're budget is 3500 dollars, I'd not even consider it. Your budget should be more like 30,000 from conception to the final dyno. Trust me that nuber isn't infalted, that's accurate.

Eric

Quick Reply: Squires Turbo Systems (STS) - has anyone heard of this