Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need a big favor please (Megan Mid Pipe Info)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 11:43 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question need a big favor please (Megan Mid Pipe Info)

I was looking for someone that can get me the measurements of the Megan Mide Pipe. I have a funny feeling that its the same or very close to the same as the mid pipe on the IS. If someone would be kind enough to get this for me I would appreciate the help!

There is also a Y pipe that comes with this if I am correct. Can someone confirm this please. I think I can get this mid pipe and the Y and just go custom from the rear and call it a day.

Thank you
Old 10-18-08, 12:28 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic.....

passnu2 got a GS430?

hmm good to know ur stilll in the lexus fam
Old 10-18-08, 01:59 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I am still around....just not as much. I actually and much happier with the car than I though I was going to be. Just want to do a few simple things to make it look good and sound good.
Old 10-19-08, 06:57 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I still have the Megan Y pipe that connects to the primary Megan mid pipe. Not sure why it was included with my Megan mid pipe when I had it as it requires mufflers to go with it. Let me know if you need any measurements from it. I'd even be willing to get rid of it for dirt cheap.

Old 10-20-08, 06:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ Please do when you have a chance. Do you also have the Megan Mid Pipe still? I have a funny idea that the mid section of the GS/IS are identical. The heat shields are shaped slightly different but I think I can get all the way to the back of the car and past the resonator and go into the mufflers with some custom pipes. I guess I am liking the challenge to figure this out rather then drop my car off. Its not going to save me much $$ if anything but just to know and figure out for others that I think this can be done. For the GS its insane for an aftermarket exhaust and I know the demand isnt there but I am sure if you could piece something together for ~600$ there would be much more interest. Everyone I spoke to went full custom just for the reason I wanted to. an Axle back is 900(+)....and a full JDM set up is upwards of 2k.

Thanks for your help and time James! Much appreciated.
Old 10-20-08, 04:12 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ Please do when you have a chance. Do you also have the Megan Mid Pipe still? I have a funny idea that the mid section of the GS/IS are identical. The heat shields are shaped slightly different but I think I can get all the way to the back of the car and past the resonator and go into the mufflers with some custom pipes. I guess I am liking the challenge to figure this out rather then drop my car off. Its not going to save me much $$ if anything but just to know and figure out for others that I think this can be done. For the GS its insane for an aftermarket exhaust and I know the demand isnt there but I am sure if you could piece something together for ~600$ there would be much more interest. Everyone I spoke to went full custom just for the reason I wanted to. an Axle back is 900(+)....and a full JDM set up is upwards of 2k.

Thanks for your help and time James! Much appreciated.
I don't have the megan midpipe for sale anymore, but I have the axle back piece below. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of the size. The tubing is all 2.5"

27 inches long

12 inches wide at the top

Here is a pic of all the pieces that came with the mid pipe. As you can see that last Y piece is an extra and not part of the mid pipe and I'm still puzzed as to why I received it. You can get your own mufflers and have the exhaust shop do a custom 2.5" piping to hook up to this Y piece.
Old 10-20-08, 05:08 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTH?? why did you get an extra Y-pipe??
hm..thats weird..
Old 10-20-08, 05:15 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
WTH?? why did you get an extra Y-pipe??
hm..thats weird..
You're telling me. The product packer must have been high that day. I think the first thing I said when I saw it was WTH!? So yeah I have this piece and have no use for it if anyone wants it for cheap.
Old 10-20-08, 09:24 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks james. I just need to get some measurements on the mid pipe now. Once i have that I will let you know if you still have it. Did you use the mid pipe on the ISF or sell it?
Old 10-21-08, 04:15 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by passnu2
Thanks james. I just need to get some measurements on the mid pipe now. Once i have that I will let you know if you still have it. Did you use the mid pipe on the ISF or sell it?
I sold the mid pipe. It wouldn't work for the IS-F very well since the pipe diameter is a tad too small for the V8.
Old 10-21-08, 09:06 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I sold the mid pipe. It wouldn't work for the IS-F very well since the pipe diameter is a tad too small for the V8.
Hey James

Lets also mention that it wouldn't work mainly since the pipe routing is not the same

The IS F Front-Mid pipe is shorter than the 2IS mid pipe(s).. and routes differently around the 8 speed tranny..

Its pretty safe to say the V-8 exhaust components are very different than the V-6 components.. They may "look" similar, but they do route differently.
My guess would be that none of the 2IS exhaust parts out there will work on a 3GS..

Mike - Why not get measurements of the OEM 2IS mid pipe??
So you know exactly what the differences are... (just a suggestion)

Joe Z
Old 10-21-08, 09:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ I wish I had the OEM mid pipe from the 2IS laying around to find out. I can get my car on a lift almost anytime but the problem is I am working crazy long hours with this market and with a new born......well there is little time to meet up with someone or drop my car off. If the 2IS exhaust is close and I think it will be??? Then I know I can get an exhaust, full set up, for a decent price and it just may need a few extra pieces of piping to accommodate some areas? If this doesn't work then I just need to get a loaner from my buddy and drop my car off and let them have it for the day.

too many people have told me to just slap on mufflers on this car and call it a day and I am determined to make this work. I just hope I am happy with the outcome. Hearing what a 2gen GS sounds like with a full custom set up and Borla mufflers sounds good to me we shall see...

Thanks,