Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-08, 07:17 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo

ok so im gonna post this here...because i want some faster responses if at all possible...

Ok, so i think im going to build my own turbo kit...i have everything else picked out...but im unsure about the turbo... I can only afford about $400 for the turbo, and i was wondering what you guys think of this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
I would be running under 9psi, and if i ever wanted to run more boost, i would upgrade to a turbonetics or something.. my question is...do you think this would work for what im trying to accomplish? (under 9psi)
thanks
Old 10-31-08, 07:21 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

try this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 10-31-08, 07:34 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

get like a greddy turbo kit, thats a cheap turbo man.
Old 10-31-08, 07:47 PM
dxb_8788
Pole Position

i saw it when u want to modify ur engine tune it like men or keep it stock
when u run at 9 psi and some guy leave u behind u wanna boost it more so
get a greddy turbo kit or hks like my friend GS430V8 said.

Last edited by dxb_8788; 10-31-08 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-31-08, 08:02 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

i really get sick of people telling me what i want to do... i know what I want to do...so either answer whatever question i might have..or just shut up...no one wants to here your random opinions...
Old 10-31-08, 08:15 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
i really get sick of people telling me what i want to do... i know what I want to do...so either answer whatever question i might have..or just shut up...no one wants to here your random opinions...
and i'm really sick of your "i wanna drift my 300" and "i want a turbo in my car" threads. if you don't want people to tell you what to do, then why the hell are you asking us in the first place? why don't troll somewhere else with your $400 budget on forced induction. you either pay to play, or you stay out of this game.
Old 10-31-08, 08:21 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ElitistK
and i'm really sick of your "i wanna drift my 300" and "i want a turbo in my car" threads. if you don't want people to tell you what to do, then why the hell are you asking us in the first place? why don't troll somewhere else with your $400 budget on forced induction. you either pay to play, or you stay out of this game.
^+1, $400 turbo
Old 10-31-08, 08:34 PM
VEGAS DRE
Driver

Honestly bro ! i wouldnt buy a key part to a turbo set-up off of ebay ! spend a couple more hundred and buy a reliable turbo off someone you know that works or buy a new turbo from a reliable builder like turbonetics or precision turbo ! and it doesnt have to be a big turbo 57 trim or 60-1 hi-fi would be ideal ! just my $0.02 !
Old 10-31-08, 08:41 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

I dont mind if someone wants to give a pointless opinion..but when they try to tell me what I want to do...its just freaking annoying..and i said 400 for the turbo itself..not the whole system, and yes i know you can get a good turbo for that amount you just have to look around, and maybe get one used, i was just asking what you ppl thought of that turbo in general, a simple, "that might work" or "thats crap" is what I, and i assume other ppl on this forum are looking for..not a "dude you should get a greddy...its the best.." blah blah blah...i can tell everyone what the best thing to get is all day long..i asked for an opinion on that one turbo..and it seems like its impossible to anything but a retarded comment from anyone (except a few like jeff/Jcat/Fonzy...at least they seem like they know what they are talking about) on this forum...i came to this forum b/c it seems like it might be able to help...and i cant stand ppl that have nothing better to do than bum around and give their stupid opinion on EVERYTHING! whether or not they know crap about it! i ask tons of random and pointless questions on this forum, because if you dont know something..or how something works..and you cant find it..you ASK! and thats why i have a lot of random question/drifting posts..yea it would have been fun to do that..but from ASKING about it i found out its more than i want to get into right now..so please...either answer a question...or leave a stupid comment or w/e..just dont tell me what i want to do, or get onto me for my seemingly irrelevant posts...you know...we all have to start somewhere..and i dont know how to learn if i dont ask any questions/question what people tell me on this forum..
Old 10-31-08, 08:46 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ElitistK
and by the way, if you would pay any attention at all... i dont ask ppl to tell me what to do, i ask what they think about a certain thing...so..no, i am not asking you or anyone else on this forum what i should do. (unless i specifically say that)
Old 10-31-08, 08:49 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VEGAS DRE
Honestly bro ! i wouldnt buy a key part to a turbo set-up off of ebay ! spend a couple more hundred and buy a reliable turbo off someone you know that works or buy a new turbo from a reliable builder like turbonetics or precision turbo ! and it doesnt have to be a big turbo 57 trim or 60-1 hi-fi would be ideal ! just my $0.02 !
thank you for your input, this is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for in the first place (ElitistK, this is a good example of what i am talking about, just in case you missed it the first time)
Old 11-01-08, 02:50 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

and by the way, if you would pay any attention at all... i dont ask ppl to tell me what to do, i ask what they think about a certain thing...so..no, i am not asking you or anyone else on this forum what i should do. (unless i specifically say that)
O F RLY?

ok so im gonna post this here...because i want some faster responses if at all possible...

Ok, so i think im going to build my own turbo kit...i have everything else picked out...but im unsure about the turbo... I can only afford about $400 for the turbo, and i was wondering what you guys think of this
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Kenny/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/04/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245
I would be running under 9psi, and if i ever wanted to run more boost, i would upgrade to a turbonetics or something.. my question is...do you think this would work for what im trying to accomplish? (under 9psi)
thanks

ok...i always seem to end up re-stating my question...lol my question should have been...i just want to have fun/learn to drift (basics) in my GS...what would i need to do so it wont break lol, if i like it...ill buy another car and trick that out for drifting...same thing if i drag race/road race...i want my gs to have some power..and kind of be able to do a little of each..and see what i like the best..and then i will get my "fun" car accordingly...(this is why i have asked about nitrous and stuff...cuz i want to test the different kinds of racing to see what i want to get into...i would love to do all three..but that probably wont happen..lol i already know i love road racing..so i just want to try out the other 2)
does that help at all?

ok so im looking at some wheels that i want...but they are 18 x 8.5 in the front and 18 x 9.5 in the back...what kind of spacers would i need? and would there be rubbing issues with that size on the back? and what size tires would i need for both? also if someone has a picture of these sizes (especially that 9.5) i would like to see what they look like. would the wheels "stick out" from the car if they were that big?
Thanks

Ok..so i used to hate drifting...(actually i used to hate anything but American muscle, drag racing and nascar..lol) needless to say...ive changed...and until about a week ago i thought drifting was pointless...well ive come to love it, and i just want to know what i would need to do to MY CAR (i know most of you will say to sell and get a 240 or something...but i, not going to so dont bother..lol) to make it into a "weekend" drifter. (and by weekend, i mean i want to keep it close to stock, just upgrade the essentials,) also, has anyone ever done a e-brake relocation?
Thanks

and that is exactly what i have been doing, telling you what to do with your car.

/thread

p.s. try supraforum.

Last edited by ElitistK; 11-01-08 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-01-08, 03:08 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

ok..you still didnt read what i said..because i said, "unless i specifically asked what do you think i should do.." but w/e i really dont care..i bought a turbo..and im just exited to start the build!
Old 11-04-08, 07:57 PM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

^^ That's being ignorant. Try to be a little nicer. Don't forget, what comes around, goes around.
Old 11-05-08, 06:52 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtparker18
^^ That's being ignorant. Try to be a little nicer. Don't forget, what comes around, goes around.
I'm not condoning anyone being less than a gentleman on the site, but I think people are getting frustrated with you. Simply stated, going boosted is not a cheap undertaking and although fairly simple your expectations seem to be unrealistic. Be careful and make sure your choices are sounds.

+ 1 on the turbo, BUYER BEWARE!!

There are plenty of other options that are much safer out there, they the classified section.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: turbo