Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just installed Tanabe exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 08:25 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaugster
Is there any real data to back these power claims up? Stuff from the manf does not count. I have not paid too much attention to the Megen mid-pipe so I might have missed it.
yes, a member called caymandive had a customized midpipe and changed it for the megan and saw some gains on the dyno. im not sure how much hp he gained with the megan but it wasnt much because he already had the customized midpipe, however maybe if you compare the stock hp to the car with megan midpipe the difference should be bigger.

look for the biggest thread of the megan midpipe there are like 40 pages the dyno sheets might be somewere in the middle like page 20 i think.
Old 11-08-08, 10:30 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juice14
yes, a member called caymandive had a customized midpipe and changed it for the megan and saw some gains on the dyno. im not sure how much hp he gained with the megan but it wasnt much because he already had the customized midpipe, however maybe if you compare the stock hp to the car with megan midpipe the difference should be bigger.

look for the biggest thread of the megan midpipe there are like 40 pages the dyno sheets might be somewere in the middle like page 20 i think.
I did just go have a look at that Megan thread. That thread got much bigger then when I looked at it last.

The "power" is very small and the weight reduction from stock is also very small. So its hard to say.

These days I am putting more faith in 1/4 mile times as it will take into power plus weight reductions.
Old 11-12-08, 10:59 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

hmm... how much is the regular price for this tanabe exhaust? i thought i was gna go for the hks but tanabe seems to be growin on me even more
Old 11-12-08, 11:07 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
hmm... how much is the regular price for this tanabe exhaust? i thought i was gna go for the hks but tanabe seems to be growin on me even more
I think you can get the Tanabe for ~800 delivered to your door. A good price for a new one is $670 before tax & Shipping, I think.
Old 11-19-08, 05:36 PM
Rividsoul
Rookie

I'm thinking of getting Tanabe as well. I drive quite a bit of distance on the weekends. 200 miles at around 80 mph, @ 3200 rpm... Does the tanabe produce a lot of noise at that RPM? Stock now is quite quiet and it would kill me if i had to listen to droning for 3 hrs straight...
Old 11-19-08, 06:26 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

it's just a little louder than stock while cruising in the highway..definitely not annoying loud of drone..
Old 11-20-08, 07:10 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rividsoul
I'm thinking of getting Tanabe as well. I drive quite a bit of distance on the weekends. 200 miles at around 80 mph, @ 3200 rpm... Does the tanabe produce a lot of noise at that RPM? Stock now is quite quiet and it would kill me if i had to listen to droning for 3 hrs straight...
I have an intake and 19 wheels...The tires make more noise then this exhaust.
When you step on it, the intake makes more noise then anything.
I just put 600 miles on in 2 days, No problems.
Old 11-25-08, 07:27 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rividsoul
the tanabe has VERY little drone... some may say even none

at 80mph it has a nice hummm... barely noticable unless you step on it..

i like my exhaust to be quiet as can be and ROAR when i step on it... and this is exactly what the tanabe provides...

i would have to say the ONLY time that i notice any droning is like 12-3 in the morning when no one's on the road and my girlfriends in the car sleeping as i drive home...

even though it's not "loud" i seldomly wished my car would S-T-F-U... for the lady
Old 12-01-08, 10:36 AM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Default Just installed too

Just installed it today, i agree with everyone the low growl complements the car well.. Not too loud just enough..

Before

After

Old 12-12-08, 11:23 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

I LOVE MINE IT HAS A GREAT SOUND TO IT.....
Attached Thumbnails Just installed Tanabe exhaust...-12-2-back.jpg  
Old 01-02-09, 07:20 AM
chummer
Driver School Candidate

Just installed mine and loving it. Does any know of a header setup (08 IS250) out there that would pass smog in cali? That would be my next mod.

Last edited by chummer; 01-02-09 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-02-09, 10:28 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chummer
Just installed mine and loving it. Does any know of a header setup (08 IS250) out there that would pass smog in cali? That would be my next mod.
I know about the mazzuri headers, but these will throw a CEL on any ECU that is not 2006. Also, mazzuri just closed business, so it will be hart to find.

I think a company called Jun-Tun or something makes some but they are shorty headers and nobody buys them because they are like 2 Grand.
Old 01-02-09, 12:34 PM
chummer
Driver School Candidate

2g's, I want something that I can just leave on and not worry about taking it of for a smog.

How much power can having the header and tanabe exhaust give? After have the f-sport intake and tanabe exhaust, my launch feels more torque and quicker.
Old 01-12-09, 06:42 PM
AaronFL
Driver

Im actually looking to purchase the Megan mid pipe , but was having a tough time finding it for the ISX50. All the searches pop up hodas, and other rice mobiles. Any suggestions?
Old 01-13-09, 08:51 AM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AaronFL
Im actually looking to purchase the Megan mid pipe , but was having a tough time finding it for the ISX50. All the searches pop up hodas, and other rice mobiles. Any suggestions?
hope this helps

http://rmsdistributing.com/megan-rac.../i-128547.aspx

Quick Reply: Just installed Tanabe exhaust...