Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gas Brand

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 03:58 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by flipish
please dont tell me you are actually putting costco gas in your lex?? haha i have dislikes towards arco or costco gas though due to my uncles old camry failing smog on costco then passing using chevron. There may be something else to that equation though.

Anyways, for me im chevron all the way. Sometimes shell when im running on fumes and right beside one.
DING DING you are the winner!

Yes I do run Costco gas in my Lexus (Toyota) and Chevron when not in the Costco area. Now Arco is a big Hell No.

And I can damn near Guarantee your uncles Camry had other issues since my big pollution happy 140K 5.9L Durango passed with flying colors on Costco gas.
Old 11-13-08, 03:59 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipish
please dont tell me you are actually putting costco gas in your lex?? haha i have dislikes towards arco or costco gas though due to my uncles old camry failing smog on costco then passing using chevron. There may be something else to that equation though.

Anyways, for me im chevron all the way. Sometimes shell when im running on fumes and right beside one.
You really should look into where these companies get their gas from. There hasn't been a new refinery since the 1970's. I will give you a hint, if there is only one refinery in your area that is producing gas, then all of the brands will be getting their gas from that one refinery.

There are many shakey smog centers that will fail cars on purpose. I highly doubt that the camry failed because of "costco" gas. lol
Old 11-13-08, 04:00 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Debonair
DING DING you are the winner!

Yes I do run Costco gas in my Lexus (Toyota) and Chevron when not in the Costco area. Now Arco is a big Hell No.

And I can damn near Guarantee your uncles Camry had other issues since my big pollution happy 140K 5.9L Durango passed with flying colors on Costco gas.
BP owns Arco FYI.
Old 11-13-08, 04:12 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by pingu
BP owns Arco FYI.
ARCO = FAIL IMO Illegal ATM Code Scanning Scam Uncovered At Arco Stations......
Old 11-14-08, 01:53 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Debonair
LOL I remember hearing about those scam rings since the 90's here in CA. Pay with cash or pay inside if you are worried about your card being cloned. You should have zero liability anyways. This was also happening at other places other than Arco (banks, stores, ect). It seems very illogical to use that as your reason not to purchase gas at Arco.
Old 11-14-08, 06:37 AM
Debonair
iModerate

LOL I remember hearing about those scam rings since the 90's here in CA. Pay with cash or pay inside if you are worried about your card being cloned. You should have zero liability anyways. This was also happening at other places other than Arco (banks, stores, ect). It seems very illogical to use that as your reason not to purchase gas at Arco.
HAHA - They are just crappy stations with crappy employees and crappy gas. That was just one more reason for me not to go there. Again my Opinion and MY logic. Their Hotdogs suck too.
Old 11-14-08, 09:26 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

chevron 92, i find it gives the smoothest engine performance.
Old 11-14-08, 09:40 AM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mex lex
If it's good enough for 'rari, it's almost good enough for Lexus.

Hahaha.. good one! I use Shell myself.
Old 08-05-19, 09:02 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

You really should look into where these companies get their gas from. There hasn't been a new refinery since the 1970's. I will give you a hint, if there is only one refinery in your area that is producing gas, then all of the brands will be getting their gas from that one refinery.

There are many shakey smog centers that will fail cars on purpose. I highly doubt that the camry failed because of "costco" gas. lol

I once lived across the street from a Chevron refinery in CA. I took a tour of the refinery & they told us the gas produced there went to Ohio.

2 E.P.A engineers told me that Chevron Supreme was the best fuel