Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My turbo was stolen!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 09:20 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im pretty sure it will get worked out...but how soon in the question...I'm in school, so the only time I'm going to have to install my turbo will be over Christmas break...so I need to have the money in hand in like 3 weeks max...thats the problem
Old 11-18-08, 09:21 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Damn that really sucks. My UPS guy knows me so well now that he automatically know any boxes of car parts automatically goto my house lol!

For example today, my new Brian Crower 272 cams + Titanium retainers and valve springs came in. The box had the wrong address on it(few houses over), so he came over to my house first to ask me if it was mine. Heh....
lol. at ups guy knowing you order so many parts that he asks you first if its yours.
Old 11-18-08, 09:45 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that suck how long til they build you a new one
Old 11-18-08, 11:51 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW that SUCKS
Old 11-19-08, 12:45 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

sucks... i remember when i called in for late packages, the people on the phone had a TOTALLY different story then the driver. i think ppl on the phone just make up stories...
Old 11-19-08, 04:42 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure how it will work out for you but I had a problem with Fedex breaking my old dash i sold and about a week and a half after the claim was started i had a check at my door after they had told me that it could take up to a month for my claim to get settled. Sad to hear, good luck.
Old 11-19-08, 04:52 AM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

hey i work for fedex how can u talk about them like that that sucks bro i hope they get this straighten out for you because thats a lot of money right out the window. what i hate the most when things like this happen companies start to act stupid, fedex makes so much money a year they should have some type of insurance for claims like this. good luck
Old 11-19-08, 08:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

wait........so u bought a NEW turbo from turbonetics after those week long posts bout buying a no name ebay turbo manifold and turbo and building a 400 dollar turbo kit? maybe u never ordered a turbo from turbonetics........? if u did that sucks but i used to work for fedex for years and its almost IMPOSSIBLE to steal big stuff at the memphis hub. now if it was on a truck, i dunno. they do have camera's on the trucks though and in the hubs they load from. not impossible to get a big turno out but hardly something u can shove in your pants and bag without someone noticing. this all just sounds fishy and i dont mean the lost turbo....gl finding it though
Old 11-19-08, 12:12 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

yea i ended up buying a new one straight from turbonetics... so yea it does really suck..and im pretty sure the hub in greenville sc is a little less secure than memphis..lol
Old 11-19-08, 12:28 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks dude...i hope you figure out what happened and get your full credit/refund from Turbonetics or Fedex...whoever was at fault. I usually ship UPS since i have a business account and i personally know our UPS driver who comes by the office atleast once a week.
Old 11-19-08, 02:41 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...that really sux big time....well, go with UPS or USPS for future shipments.
Old 11-19-08, 03:02 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
wait........so u bought a NEW turbo from turbonetics after those week long posts bout buying a no name ebay turbo manifold and turbo and building a 400 dollar turbo kit? maybe u never ordered a turbo from turbonetics........? if u did that sucks but i used to work for fedex for years and its almost IMPOSSIBLE to steal big stuff at the memphis hub. now if it was on a truck, i dunno. they do have camera's on the trucks though and in the hubs they load from. not impossible to get a big turno out but hardly something u can shove in your pants and bag without someone noticing. this all just sounds fishy and i dont mean the lost turbo....gl finding it though
well, the truck guy could've took the turbo package out of the truck, then open it and left it elsewhere and bring back only the box later...
Old 11-19-08, 03:38 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

well turbonetics actually had to file the claim..and goodness where they quick! I give for turbonetics customer service!! Fedex is picking up the box and then I should hear something within the next week or so! SWEET!!! lol
Old 11-21-08, 10:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
yea i ended up buying a new one straight from turbonetics... so yea it does really suck..and im pretty sure the hub in greenville sc is a little less secure than memphis..lol
a hub is a hub, i highly doubt that one is more secure. since they use the same machines/security protocol at every hub, when i used to jumpseat security was worse oustide of memphis. plus u claim when u got the box it was empty? wouldnt u have IMMEDIATELY said something to the driver for him to call it in right then? i mean if u handed me a box i could tell the difference in a 1 lb empty box and a 10-20 lb box

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
well, the truck guy could've took the turbo package out of the truck, then open it and left it elsewhere and bring back only the box later...
sure your right it possible, but unlikely. n again, they have cameras on the truck so u dont think they will see him get off n get back on with the same package. im not saying this didnt happen but after all his talk bout being broke and wanting 2 build a 400 turbo i dont see this guy coughing up the $ n going n ordering a NEW turbo from turbonetics. a new turbo can range from like 500-2000 depending on bearing style, compressor size, housing, polished,chromed, etc etc not to mention a new manifold with the right flanges for that particular turbo. look its just my $0.02 so no matter, im not saying it cant be stolen its just unlikely to "walk" off a delivery truck