Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AEM FI/C Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 07:35 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM FI/C Questions

ok, well i just got my aem fic in the mail, and just finished reading the instructions and am thoroughly confused. lol I understand all but just a couple things, so if anyone has any experience with this it would REALLY help me!
1. Does anyone know what kind of Crank sensor our cars have? (mag or Hall style)
2. It asks if I want to modify the Oxygen/UEGO sensor signals...do I? and is this referring to the o2 sensors already on the car? or the extra one I add when I install my AEM UEGO wideband controller? (on a side note, what exactly does the AEM UEGO wideband control? I got it because it was a wideband gauge..but what does it control?) what made me think it was referring to the wideband gauge is the fact that it has instructions for a narrow band 02 sensor connection and a Wideband 02 sensor connection. But it has 2 of the wires you would use to connect the o2 to the fic (O21+ and O22+) it doesn't ever mention the second one in the instructions, and sense I will have 4 02 sensors on my car when its said and done, I am really confused about what I am supposed to do here.
also ive heard ppl talk about this 02 skew function..and I haven't seen anything about it..is it something just in the software? and will I need to modify the 02 sensors for this to work?
Sorry for the length, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Old 11-23-08, 01:41 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

uhh let me see if i can find that diagram for you. its either here in cl or its at my.is or clubna-t
Old 11-23-08, 01:58 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

here we go. thanks to Jeff for this super great write-up.

http://www.projectgs.com/DIY/Engine/...nout/index.htm
Old 12-12-08, 10:22 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

does anyone who own an fic can help ask me some questions. i read that you have to put resistors on the wires is that true??