Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help with RMM intake install

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 05:01 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Help with RMM intake install

Hi everybody-

I'm new to performance modifications to cars and it's great to see so many pros in the system to assist people! This forum is great. Anyway, I was wondering if somebody can assist me in installing my intake.

I've never installed an intake before and I just won a bid on Ebay on a Rodmillen Intake for my 99GS300 but the seller doesn't have the original intake instructions and just to be on the safe side I was wondering if somebody purchased the rodmillen intake (or any intake) and had instructions on how to mount it.

I can figure my way around the screws and stuff but the only concern that I have is the air sensor. Do I have to disconnect the battery? How can I tell if the air sensor is mounted properly? How can I tell if my performance is being negatively affected?

I would appreciate any help possible.

Ryan
Old 02-26-02, 05:46 PM
Mr GS400
Pole Position

Why don't you just contact RMM and get a copy of the installation instructions. I'm sure they'll provide them at no cost.
Old 03-07-02, 05:04 PM
Lextacy400
Lead Lap

NVMYGS3

Did you get that intake on? I just had that intake installed in my GS4 and I was just curious if you like that sound of it..
Old 03-11-02, 02:55 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Default Re: Help with RMM intake install

Originally posted by NVMYGS3
I can figure my way around the screws and stuff but the only concern that I have is the air sensor. Do I have to disconnect the battery? How can I tell if the air sensor is mounted properly? How can I tell if my performance is being negatively affected?
Yes, you should disconnect the battery. Make sure when you remove the air sensor from the stock box, it's oriented in the same direction on the RMM. For most people who experienced the RMM, you're sacrificing some power on the low end for some in the high. You probably won't see much performance gain, from this simple setup.