Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F'it illegal turbo here i come

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 02:42 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F'it illegal turbo here i come

You guys might know i have been tryin to find a way to legally turbo my 2000 gs300 via swap/kit and i just spoke with the california referee and there is NO way NO how its going to happen unless i sell my car and get a 98 and swap the usdm gte in . the referee also told me that the only part of the jdm motor that you may use is the short block, Everything else must be usdm ! So ima just go NA/T illegally of course , so good luck to me hopefully, no impounds for me !!!!
Old 01-07-09, 02:53 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya it would suck to try to boost in kommiefornia. My car wont pass inspection but here if you know someone that will "pass" it for you then its no biggie the cops dont look for "illegal" mods here...
Old 01-07-09, 03:33 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

yea they do in cali but i think its mostly the ricers and muscle cars , short of speeding by a cop BOV raging i dont think im a target for the cops to pop my hood .I hope LOL , ive never been asked to pop the hood and i have been pulled over doing 140+ by and under cover
Old 01-07-09, 03:39 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

all the power to you man! do what you want. good luck with your journey and keep us posted.
Old 01-07-09, 03:41 PM
Emil
Pole Position

maybe not the best of places to put on a public forum,anything like the UK and police can see these posts and find you IP address and get you,i've seen it happen before

best of luck though
Old 01-07-09, 03:45 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

good luck man.
Old 01-07-09, 03:49 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
yea they do in cali but i think its mostly the ricers and muscle cars , short of speeding by a cop BOV raging i dont think im a target for the cops to pop my hood .I hope LOL , ive never been asked to pop the hood and i have been pulled over doing 140+ by and under cover
They don't want us to pop our hoods, they want us to pop our trunks
Old 01-07-09, 04:00 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rippaflow
They don't want us to pop our hoods, they want us to pop our trunks
LMFAO !!! Thats true i actually have gotten a ticket for noise pollution slappin my 3 JL 12's LOL , thats when i had an LS and 22's i think im out growing the bling.
Old 01-07-09, 04:02 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Oh and about a cop finding me using my IP address go ahead and try damn **** (male chicken)smugglers a have like 6 computers i post from and trust me i think they have better things to do. i hope lol .They should be going after the grimy beaters puffin more smoke than cheech and chong and leave our beautiful cars alone , there just jealous.
Old 01-08-09, 12:00 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil
maybe not the best of places to put on a public forum,anything like the UK and police can see these posts and find you IP address and get you,i've seen it happen before

best of luck though
welcome to the USA home of the lazy azz bacon.... they def not worried bout that here
Old 01-08-09, 12:05 AM
JDM_Soarer

damn man you guys have it rough in cali.. here.. well your check books the limit for what ever turbo you want.. cops probably don't even know what a BOV is.. but they are *****y about loud exhausts.. althought I've never had a problem *knock on wood*

But hey, good luck man! Make it a beast
Old 01-08-09, 01:56 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

So why is it ok to do it on a 98 and not the rest?
Old 01-08-09, 02:09 AM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
So why is it ok to do it on a 98 and not the rest?
Because 98 was the last year the 2jzgte usdm was available...and when you do engine swaps in cali you must replace your engine with your year, or newer. So a 98 is the only year ok for a gte swap...legally. (in california)
Old 01-08-09, 09:14 AM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rl9010
Because 98 was the last year the 2jzgte usdm was available...and when you do engine swaps in cali you must replace your engine with your year, or newer. So a 98 is the only year ok for a gte swap...legally. (in california)
Exactamondo !!!! i was always told it just had to be offered somewhere in the world (aristo was offered gte till 05) but i spoke directly to a ref and he said it had to be offered in the US , the gte was only offered in US up till 98
Old 01-08-09, 09:24 AM
JDM_Soarer

>_< man that has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.. "Ya you can put that engine in that car and its 100% legal, but you can't put it in that one, even though they are identical.. except the chassis is newer"

Quick Reply: F'it illegal turbo here i come