Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS300 and AEM FIC Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-09, 10:26 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's either broken or you got maf in and maf out reversed at the patch harnes. With the bypass harness, it doesn't really check for any sort of reversed connections because the wires will conduct electricity no matter what. when it is connected to the fic, it will only send or receive in one direction. again triple check your connections or just even reverse it on purpose. who knows maybe it is I that made a mistake on the .pdf.

Originally Posted by Deception
ok i checked wiring its good. i use the reverse harness and start the car, the car starts fine, vsv vsc and check engine light goes away and i can rev pass 3k.

when i plug harness into fic, the car can not rev pass3k. i see the maf in is at 4-5volts and maf out is 0 volts. <- i think this maybe the issue. but how do i fix this issue. it is giving me a headacce and i want to start tuning the car.

is my fic broken?

sorry i already splice my wires, lol.

tps sensor isnt messed up, the car runs fine in reverse harness.
Old 01-27-09, 10:34 PM
ChrisT88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
It's either broken or you got maf in and maf out reversed at the patch harnes. With the bypass harness, it doesn't really check for any sort of reversed connections because the wires will conduct electricity no matter what. when it is connected to the fic, it will only send or receive in one direction. again triple check your connections or just even reverse it on purpose. who knows maybe it is I that made a mistake on the .pdf.
Come to think of it, I think mine was reversed. Can't recall if I used yours on the MAF wiring since I didn't find it till I was half done, but it was either yours or jeffs fault. I can't take the blame since I stayed up for 2 days checking and rechecking and somehow had it wrong
Old 01-27-09, 10:58 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

its not reversed kenny, i had it reverse at first then i changed it back.

Old 01-28-09, 12:14 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ChrisT88
Can you hit CTRL + S and take a screen shot of your setup values. Also make sure your MAF MAP is all 0 for now.

I've attached a screen shot of what your MAF setup should look like. Ignore the O2 setup if your using stock O2's still.
isnt maf suppsose to be in voltage and not percentage
Old 01-28-09, 12:21 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is not a software problem, but a hardware problem.

give aem tech support a call tomorrow. they have a decent tech support because their products are 60% of the time, works all the time.
Old 02-03-09, 02:10 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

fixed and i am up and running.!!! so what is the target a/f i should be looking at. idle-14 and wot is 11.5?
Old 02-03-09, 02:29 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

im kinda confused...cuz today i was hitting 10-10.5 AFR not boosting (it was right under 0 psi) and it was constant...(only for about 4 seconds) im currently untuned (except the base tune type stuff) and it runs great at idle and cruise...also about how much boost can the maf deal with?
thanks
Old 02-04-09, 04:10 AM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

ok..i need some input/help. all the sudden my AFR gauge says im idling at 13.8-14.3 and cruising at 12.1-12.6. is that too rich? nothing has changed..i checked my tune, and reset my ecu just in case...so im maybe thinking its the gauge...its the AEM wideband...has it been know to read rich like this?
Thanks
Old 12-23-18, 11:07 AM
Jd1982
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
you are on the right track..but read this
http://forum.clubna-t.com/showthread.php?t=5140
(you might have to become a member..) post #26 download the first pdf and follow what it says about the crank and cam sensors. basically our cars dont use the MAGO- on crank or cam. follow the AEM instructions except tap (not intercept!) the negative crank and cam with MAGI- (the instructions say to intercept the signal with MAGI- AND MAGO-...dont do that lol) so just follow the pdf and the first part of the instructions...let me know if i wasn't clear enough...
-Preston
do you have the attached pdf? I click on it and nothing I need to know how to wire in the crank and cam sensors and tps and mass air flow
Old 05-10-24, 04:07 AM
WANGZISONG
5th Gear

I want to know how you dealt with it. I have the same problem and I am confused. I can no longer open the links above.