Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09, 11:03 PM
evil00017
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its realistic for you to hit 2800. Wasnt there a tracked GS400 on here that hit 2900? It was orange.
Old 01-19-09, 11:13 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,334 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by evil00017
I think its realistic for you to hit 2800. Wasnt there a tracked GS400 on here that hit 2900? It was orange.

Think that was the leam Lexus GS.
Old 01-20-09, 05:43 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure how heavy those wheels are but I'm sure you can get a nice set of super lightweight 18" wheels and lightweight tires. You could save another possible 15lbs per corner; 60lbs total. GL with your weight reduction!
Old 01-20-09, 06:34 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Not sure how heavy those wheels are but I'm sure you can get a nice set of super lightweight 18" wheels and lightweight tires. You could save another possible 15lbs per corner; 60lbs total. GL with your weight reduction!

yeah they are going up for sale too! haha I'm thinking of going with some track spec CCW classics with 18x9 front and 18x10 rear offset is unknown right now b/c i want them to be pretty aggressive. I wont order them until the car is about ready to come off jack stands which will be a couple months.

I checked fedex and the tranny just got to transfer station an hour ago. hopefully they can get it on a trunk and to my door!
Old 01-20-09, 07:57 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by evil00017
yeah this one...and it was a claimed 2700 lb....dunno what happened to it though havent heard from thise guys in awhile

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-race-car.html

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
yeah they are going up for sale too! haha
i call dibs :P
Old 01-20-09, 09:13 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lot of progress being made here. With the terrible work done to it and the salvage title this is the perfect transformation of this car. Cant wait to see the finished product
Old 01-20-09, 06:15 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

I picked up the transmission today!!! Clutch, flywheel and flywheel bolts are here too. I'll post up pics in a few hours. I have to go pretty soon. I'm still waiting on the IS300 clutch parts from L-Tuned and some misc. parts for the transmission ie. fork, salve cylinder, new rear output shaft, shifter, shifter perch...
Old 01-20-09, 08:55 PM
airmax
Pole Position

wow dude, hope everything goes well for you, i love that ur ripping this car up to be what YOU want it to be. cant wait to see it done.
Old 01-20-09, 08:56 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

can't wait to see this car done right.
Old 01-20-09, 09:31 PM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

Default im johnny tran

First off I'm not the person that did the wiring on the car. I did the fmic, intake, usdm twins and air runner rims and kit.an audio shop did the system. The previous did the swap and wirin wiring. I never said I did the swap and wiring. So don'tlander my name. I can take legal action on that. Secondly the car was salvage title, theft recovery. I guess the guy that sold u the car didn't explain u everything about the car.front end was gone and they ripped up and beat up the rear deck to get the free air sub out. I don't appreciate u putting me on blast when u don't have the full story. I want the mod to go ahead and retract what was said in the first post about me because it is not true. The person that did the swap was called smoove performance. Do research before putting my name out there again. Ill post up pics of my work tomorrow on my wiring tom.on an is300 I just finished up for the nonbelievers.
Old 01-20-09, 09:59 PM
htownis300
Driver School Candidate

wrd man, johnny does really clean work. Ryan @ smoove auto did the swap. Has a mild tuck. Wiring harness extended, soldered connections, aem fic mounted under my dash. Everything top notch. Im sure if Johnny had to pull the motor out of his gs400 he would fixed the wiring on it

Last edited by htownis300; 04-21-09 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:00 PM
htownis300
Driver School Candidate

Last edited by htownis300; 04-21-09 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:01 PM
htownis300
Driver School Candidate

Last edited by htownis300; 04-21-09 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:02 PM
XaLtezZaX
Driver

Ill go in on this as well due to the fact that i know the people that did the original swap on this car and their names. gotparts or johnny was the guy that bought the car from them and i know this because they asked me if i was interested in buying it before johnny bought it.

Johnnys work is great and flawless and their are many people that will vouch for him. Please get the full story first before you start stating names because Johnny is a really humble person and wont screw anyone over. He is working on my close friend car and that it is flawless.
Old 01-20-09, 10:16 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gotparts?
First off I'm not the person that did the wiring on the car. I did the fmic, intake, usdm twins and air runner rims and kit.an audio shop did the system. The previous did the swap and wirin wiring. I never said I did the swap and wiring. So don'tlander my name. I can take legal action on that. Secondly the car was salvage title, theft recovery. I guess the guy that sold u the car didn't explain u everything about the car.front end was gone and they ripped up and beat up the rear deck to get the free air sub out. I don't appreciate u putting me on blast when u don't have the full story. I want the mod to go ahead and retract what was said in the first post about me because it is not true. The person that did the swap was called smoove performance. Do research before putting my name out there again. Ill post up pics of my work tomorrow on my wiring tom.on an is300 I just finished up for the nonbelievers.
Wow here he is... Ok dude Didn't we talk on the phone about the car? Weren't you on the other side talking to me about the car? Where are all the names of the other shops involved when your taking credit for everyone else work in the mag article? huh?

This car was labeled VIP by Import tuner with a busted *** Shine body kit on it. What about the fake JP tails you took full credit for in the mag? They(fake JP tales) almost burnt the car down after only a few days of ownership. About the only thing done right on the car was the swap until I found the wiring harness like it is.

Your throwing up your hands saying I did nothing when you took full credit for the build in Import Tuner!!!!!! PLUS you said GET THE FULL STORY. I was trying when I called you. That's exactly what I wanted!!! THE FULL STORY FROM YOU!!! THE HORSES MOUTH!!!! IF you want recourse how about faulty advertising huh? I WANT MY MONEY BACK. you want to buy the car? huh? cut a check you know how much I paid for it.

Tran your sorry for not fessing up in the first place. You had a good 30mins to tell me the full story but you neglected. I knew it was salvage. That's ok I understood that but why the full repaint? Couldn't they have found a trunk and a hood in white? then painted the shine fake JP kit? huh?

Your coming in here acting big and bad when your the fake taking everyone else credit until the ***** hits the fan. You should have known selling a car like this would be a liability to you if the truth was found out. You could have prevented this if YOU were straight up with ME over the PHONE. prior to me buying this car.

end of story

Last edited by ExileLakai; 01-20-09 at 10:41 PM.

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160