Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 10:22 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XaLtezZaX
Ill go in on this as well due to the fact that i know the people that did the original swap on this car and their names. gotparts or johnny was the guy that bought the car from them and i know this because they asked me if i was interested in buying it before johnny bought it.

Johnnys work is great and flawless and their are many people that will vouch for him. Please get the full story first before you start stating names because Johnny is a really humble person and wont screw anyone over. He is working on my close friend car and that it is flawless.

then why didn't he fix it? Why did he take other peoples credit in the mag shoot? If he is willing to take credit for work he did not do the he should stand up and take it like a man when faulty work is exposed. And its not like its just one section of the car. Its EVERY part of the car. AND HE DID HAVE HIS CHANCE TO COME CLEAN. But he didn't. I remember I repeatedly asked if there is anything I need to know about the car. The answer I got was no man that's everything. I don't get it. If he wants to fix the problem he should have the shop that swap the engine come over to Vegas and fix the wiring! that's it... that's all I'd like done.

Last edited by ExileLakai; 01-20-09 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:29 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Hey johnny this is for you!
Straight from importtuner

"Using a genuine Junction Produce body kit, including the bumpers, side skirts and rear wing, Johnny added a Ugo roof spoiler and JDM rain guards, chrome door handles and a trunk bar. To highlight the gleaming white paintjob, he painted the roof and part of the trunk black. Lowered to touch the ground, the chassis sits above a set of 20-inch Fabulous Profounds with an offset of +23 in the front and +29 in the back. Falken FK-452 tires stretch around these ridiculously deep dished wheels that tuck perfectly underneath the fenders. These tires avoid tragically rubbing against the car through the use of an Air Runner suspension kit with an eight-valve electric solenoid upgrade-the choice system for VIP cars in Japan."

Genuine JP kit!!!!! you owe me 4K then b/c the front bumper I just took off tonight has a little plate that states !!!!SHINE!!!!! didn't you just say you put on the body kit on a few posts before this one? False advertising anyone?
Old 01-20-09, 10:33 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

OH here is another one JOHNNY! From Importtuner

Naturally, the sound system's only auditory rival is the 2JZGTE engine underhood. Supported by an HKS SSQV blow-off valve and GReddy M-Spec intercooler, the 3.0L inline-six turbo motor produces upwards of 330 hp at the wheels using a stock transmission. Johnny and his friends did all the engine modifications since he's had terrible experiences with going to shops. "When I first started getting into cars, I hired this mechanic to build my motor," he said. "He was supposedly the best from California, but he ended up costing me a lot of money since the engine he built blew up three times. Now I just do everything myself."

What does this lead me to believe? That you did the swap... You never told me you didn't do the swap over the phone. If you've had so much terrible experiences with shade tree shops why did you buy the car with a swap already in it. huh?
Old 01-20-09, 10:46 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you should take this to pm. This thread will probably be locked up soon.
Old 01-20-09, 10:53 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

well since that took me a few minutes to cool down. I'll do an update tomorrow. I'm still kinda fired up about the fake people that get caught with there hand in cookie jar and then start pointing fingers else were.

To Johnny maybe you are a straight up guy... BUT You weren't straight up with me over the phone but maybe you thought I was some kid in Florida buying a VIP car cause he thinks its cool so you probable paid me no mind. Well It came back and bit you. You got all mad that you took credit for someone else faulty work. Also you blatantly said that a 800 dollar shine kit is a real 4K+ JP kit. Your the one at fault for this not me. Sorry that I'm an opinionated person but you put your self out there on the chopping block with this car. Not me.

Last edited by ExileLakai; 01-20-09 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 10:58 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pingu
Maybe you should take this to pm. This thread will probably be locked up soon.
Its ok I'm done now.

Mods please contact me over pm If you want me to remove "said" words. I just wanted to have a nice build thread. But the "I can take legal action" line got me fired up. Contact me via pm and I'll erase if you feel its necessary.
Old 01-20-09, 11:53 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

FYI shine kits are more than $800. Closer to $2k
Old 01-21-09, 06:38 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pingu
FYI shine kits are more than $800. Closer to $2k
sorry 800-2000 its all relative when something is shown to be something its not. I wouldn't care if the kit was only 100 less then a real JP. Its still not the real thing. Specially on such a high end car like a VIP car. Once this fake kit gets blasted at the track and real Vertex kit will be put in its place.
Old 01-21-09, 07:26 AM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

straight with you over the phone? you asked simple questions about the car that i answered. i never on the phone took credit for the swap. i told you the car was bought and that we did the "engine modifications" to it, its stated in the article that you nicely pm'ed me. i have more then enough people to vouch for me in this case. ill post up some pics of my wiring in a minute just to show you how **** i am on my wiring.

the paint thing, if you know anything about paint and body, its pearl white. paint has to be blended to match which basically is blending the whole car.

shine kit being ****? dont think so. lets see, almost as expensive as the jp kit, fits better then the jp kit, and also is made out of frp instead of fiberglass? hm... for me it was better to buy the shine kit. i put it out there as the jp kit cause ken from shine wanted to see how many people we could fake the funk to. i would rather pay shine for his version jp kit or whatever kit he has due to his fitment and quality.

as for the tails, never stated in my tech sheet that they were jp tails. i ordered the sonar tails online and that is what i got. now if you know anything, sonar makes the jp tails. you probaly already knew that though.

so lets get this straight you are made because its a shine jp kit that fits better and more durable then the jp kit, wiring that i had nothing to do with and a rear deck that was fubarred when it was stolen?
Old 01-21-09, 08:18 AM
gotparts?
Picture Posting Impaired

here on some pics on some of the wiring i do. totally different from what you see in that car.

hks f con vpro setup in 350z

emanage ultimate in sr swapped 240

350z gauge setup with the fcon navigator, evc, and af knock amp

byrons maradyne fan setup, no sleeves yet

richies spoon/passwordjdm/shine auto project s2k

through out those pics, just take a look at it. everything is soldered and heat shrinked. i take pride in my work, and when someone tries to prove otherwise, i take offense. as stated many times before, i have many people that can vouch for me. sorry to the mods for the bull****. if i was you guys, lock this thread and the thread starter start a new one.

Last edited by gotparts?; 01-21-09 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-21-09, 01:04 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
sorry 800-2000 its all relative when something is shown to be something its not. I wouldn't care if the kit was only 100 less then a real JP. Its still not the real thing. Specially on such a high end car like a VIP car. Once this fake kit gets blasted at the track and real Vertex kit will be put in its place.
Hey ill take that shine bumper off ya hands.
Old 01-21-09, 01:52 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Sick build man. Either way he lied and said it was a real JP kit and knew stuff about the car that he did not tell you. Wish you the best man and please keep us updated!
Old 01-21-09, 02:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by htownis300
off the topic for a sec.....so everyone can cool down. I LOVE THAT COLOR

Last edited by sakataj; 01-21-09 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 03:13 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

To the OP GL with your build. Can't wait to see how the GS does at the track.
One more note: People that claim their fake kit is the real deal FTL. It is what it is.
Old 01-21-09, 03:27 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

good luck with the build, its in the right hands now

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160