Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-09, 04:02 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gotparts?
shine kit being ****? dont think so. lets see, almost as expensive as the jp kit, fits better then the jp kit, and also is made out of frp instead of fiberglass? hm... for me it was better to buy the shine kit. i put it out there as the jp kit cause ken from shine wanted to see how many people we could fake the funk to. i would rather pay shine for his version jp kit or whatever kit he has due to his fitment and quality.

as for the tails, never stated in my tech sheet that they were jp tails. i ordered the sonar tails online and that is what i got. now if you know anything, sonar makes the jp tails. you probaly already knew that though.

so lets get this straight you are made because its a shine jp kit that fits better and more durable then the jp kit, wiring that i had nothing to do with and a rear deck that was fubarred when it was stolen?
aw man thats horrible, if i bought a car believing it had a genuine kit and tails from someone thats supposed to be reputable id be mad too.

I think its kinda bad that you're trying to fake the funk to as many people as you could without saying anything and trying to pass it off as genuine. Sure sonar may make jp's tails but how are you gona compare something thats $300 to something thats $1500? It may be made by the same company but that doesnt mean its exactly the same. For example, its like comparing a toyota camry to a lexus es300

If someone sold you a car that faked the funk with fake parts and sold it to you as it was real.. im sure you'd be upset too.

What ever happened to supporting the companies that design and make the products? The magazine ad and the posts you put online made it seem like everything was real. I would never support a knock off maker even if it was 50% off. They are making $ off other peoples ingenuity

Last edited by j stuff; 01-21-09 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 07:16 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
well ok guys If any of you saw my first thread. I'm the one who bought "Jonny Tran's" mag car.(Come to find out so more shotty work was done) and that I was moving to Vegas before I could get the build underway.

here is a link to my introduction thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ab-stance.html

Pics will be up soon they are loading on photobucket as I type.

I just got done with the move from Florida to Las Vegas last weekend. Love it here already. I'm in a pretty good part of town next to everything so me likes.

Tuesday I took the car to a C.A.T. scale at TA trucker stop I-15 exit 33 to get the car weighed. With everything inside seats, amps, box, all the wood in the truck. The GS tipped the scales at 3940lbs. YIKES Yeah it was that fat. full tank

Wednesday I proceeded with the strip. Back seat came out, rear door panels, rear audio, and carpet. So pretty much everything from the front seats back was ripped out. Which will be up for sale. Once the front seats come out I'll have almost a full black interior FS except the dash. Plus the audio/visual.

Took it back to the same scale Thursday to find out I supposedly took off exactly 400 pounds. 3540lbs. I think they round up or down to the 40 mark or something I don't know but I think that was kinda odd. Full tank My plan is to get the car down into the 2800's with a cage. Wish me luck

I had to stop at that point before I went any further because there was a track event that happened today that I wanted to go to before I ripped everything out. The car did pretty well considering it still has the Aristo 2JZ auto attached to it but I can't wait for the V160. 01 Aristo turbo tranny will be FS soon also

The car will go up on jack stands tonight until the V160 swap is complete and more weight reduction happens. Also a full cage Is going it and hopefully I can find a company to make lexan windows for the car.

I order a freshly rebuilt V160(supra 6spd) Transmission from Titan Motorsports and it should be hear on Tuesday along with the IS300 manual conversion parts from L-Tuned. I can't wait to have the 6spd in the car it will make driving the car a dream.

I also want to make an announcement about Houston's shop SGP and Johnny Tran's craftsmanship. IT SUCKS!!! When I took the carpet up I found the body harness of the JDM Aristo and the body harness of the USDM GS spliced in using speaker wire to bridge the gap with only twisting the wires together and electrical tape. Also the rear deck looks like a grinder went to it to make bigger hole for the D&D 12in sub. Just horrible work. I haven't taken pics of everything yet but I will and I do intend on airing their dirty laundry. NEVER take your GS there for an Aristo swap or for anything else for that matter.

as of 9:16 pst I have 30of39 pics uploaded this thing is slow haha
If you need ANYTHING, just hit me up.

-Johnny
Old 01-22-09, 12:10 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
If you need ANYTHING, just hit me up.

-Johnny
Hey thanks man! Do you have any fat lip 18" rims? I want to keep the vip theme going but I need smaller diameter rims.

Its funny how he just basically helped my argument... but I'm ending this here. I want my build thread back.

Gotparts please keep everything between you and I via PM. I don"t reject anybody else stating there feelings on this subject matter but He and I are going to keep it off my thread. I'm going to keep the words already written where they are until I get told to take them down. Check one for Free Speech!! But since this forum has rules and if the mods have a problem with my opinions being displayed on this forum then I'll erase the words.

But anyways a little update not much of one. Yesterday I did get the car up on jack stands took the exhaust off and all 50 million of the heat shields. also the auto gear selector. I don't think I'll fully drop the auto tranny until every little nut and bolt gets here for the six speed swap. I've come to realize this is quite the undertaking when you have to source out every little bushing,bolt, nut, and sub assembly here sub assembly there. I will persevere in the end and have a car ready to rip on the track. I have taken pics of the parts i have and the tranny but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet. so don't kill me .....
Old 01-22-09, 11:02 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
To the OP GL with your build. Can't wait to see how the GS does at the track.
One more note: People that claim their fake kit is the real deal FTL. It is what it is.
can someone pm me and tell me what FTL means?

Hey thanks man! Do you have any fat lip 18" rims? I want to keep the vip theme going but I need smaller diameter rims.

Its funny how he just basically helped my argument... but I'm ending this here. I want my build thread back.

Gotparts please keep everything between you and I via PM. I don"t reject anybody else stating there feelings on this subject matter but He and I are going to keep it off my thread. I'm going to keep the words already written where they are until I get told to take them down. Check one for Free Speech!! But since this forum has rules and if the mods have a problem with my opinions being displayed on this forum then I'll erase the words.

But anyways a little update not much of one. Yesterday I did get the car up on jack stands took the exhaust off and all 50 million of the heat shields. also the auto gear selector. I don't think I'll fully drop the auto tranny until every little nut and bolt gets here for the six speed swap. I've come to realize this is quite the undertaking when you have to source out every little bushing,bolt, nut, and sub assembly here sub assembly there. I will persevere in the end and have a car ready to rip on the track. I have taken pics of the parts i have and the tranny but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet. so don't kill me .....

good for you man, your car will be a phoenix soon
Old 01-22-09, 01:18 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
can someone pm me and tell me what FTL means
For The Loss, I think.
Old 01-22-09, 03:03 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Goodluck on the build and my new name for you is 50 lex cause you just aired out that Fast and furious reject like you were 50 cent. lol
Old 01-22-09, 03:18 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think everyone has said their peace and the truth is pretty to read here so lets just move on with this thread's purpose which is to see this car become a track monster...

I will delete anything off topic from here on in so please don't post about anything but this track project guys...
Old 01-25-09, 10:31 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

a little update. I almost have the dash out. I haven't really been working on the car b/c I'm still missing some vital parts of the tranny swap which will be ordered tomorrow. So I've been enjoying Vegas! In the mean time here are some pics.

crappy exhaust. Looks like the old GS400 just cut off.

My workshop/garage

The V160 up side down After i picked it up from the shipping company. I now have it right side up.

Clutch, Flywheel and upgraded titan motorsports flywheel bolts
Old 01-25-09, 02:15 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

This is pretty cool I found some pics from the track event i went to right before I put the car on stands

20" fab profound's just spinin'!!!!
Old 01-25-09, 10:36 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Another update.I have the rear doors pretty much stripped out. I still haven't decided If i want to cut them open an skin them. Sunroof is removed. I have to figure out how i want to cover the hole. I'm ether going the hard route of welding new sheet metal in and painting or just getting a cover made and revoting over top. Front seats are out and I need a star bit in order to get the wheel off so I can remove the dash. After that Its on to the engine compartment. The stock usdm twins are coming off!

found another action shot
Old 01-26-09, 12:36 AM
airmax
Pole Position

that first shot of you drifting is badass!
Old 01-26-09, 05:27 AM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

you should use carbon fiber to fill the sunroof hole. Steel is just going to add too much unneeded weight.
Old 01-26-09, 08:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

My workshop/garage
hahaha nice to see someone else AS OCD AS me. i love the storage boxes to the right!

OH YEAH THOUGHT about this, this weekend. i want your sunroof assy.....how much. i been looking for a decent priced one!
Old 01-26-09, 06:53 PM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrGS300
you should use carbon fiber to fill the sunroof hole. Steel is just going to add too much unneeded weight.

I agree, Carbon Fiber would be sic!!
Old 01-26-09, 10:19 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

wheel,dash and blower are out plus the dash mounting bar. I think I wont have a problem getting down to 2800 pounds with a cage. Everything is so ridiculously overbuilt and heavy. I'm pretty sure there is more then 30lbs. of wiring in this beast. I'm going to end up doing a full race fuse block and I'm going to try and cut out as much wiring as I can.

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160