Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 11:25 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanna sell that steering wheel hit me up ill buy it.
Old 01-26-09, 11:30 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

wow bro loving this thread!!
Old 01-26-09, 11:49 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

looks good, i wanna see how this goes.
Old 01-27-09, 09:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
but awaiting the point where she becomes a terror while
Old 01-27-09, 05:16 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

^^^^ haha yeah I'm just worried about hitting a wall when it comes to the wiring. Sean at Titan has me almost talked into a AEM EMS so I can get rid of any unnecessary systems but I've never built my own harness before. Its a pretty daunting task now that I'm in it but no guts no glory I guess!

Rob
Old 01-27-09, 05:51 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Rob, this project shows a ton of potential! i hope you are able to follow thru and finish this beast, but how do you find the time to do all this!? where did you learn enough to tackle such a daunting task?
Old 01-27-09, 09:05 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GQD_GS4
Rob, this project shows a ton of potential! i hope you are able to follow thru and finish this beast, but how do you find the time to do all this!? where did you learn enough to tackle such a daunting task?
well to be honest I've always just been a bolt on guy. I could trouble shoot things here and there but I don't know really anything substantial. I've been dreaming about taken a car down to the bitter end and bring it back to life. This won't be all the way down to just frame but will be close enough. the wiring is scarring the crap out of me but I'll work through it. Am I in over my head? Sure I am but the only way to get better I to push yourself to try and do new things. After this car I'm sure I'll have the knowledge to help people out on this board. I would like to be a go to answer guy on the forums but I'm far from that. As far as time... any hour that would be wasted watching tv is used to work on the car.
Old 01-27-09, 09:10 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you on the wiring. On my 1G I went so fanatical on the wiring removal that I actually de-pinned the un-needed accessories wires out of the harness plugs. On the engine harness too.. Came up with over 25lbs..

Keep at it man, keep the faith.
Old 01-28-09, 09:03 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

well to be honest I've always just been a bolt on guy. I could trouble shoot things here and there but I don't know really anything substantial. I've been dreaming about taken a car down to the bitter end and bring it back to life. This won't be all the way down to just frame but will be close enough. the wiring is scarring the crap out of me but I'll work through it. Am I in over my head? Sure I am but the only way to get better I to push yourself to try and do new things. After this car I'm sure I'll have the knowledge to help people out on this board. I would like to be a go to answer guy on the forums but I'm far from that. As far as time... any hour that would be wasted watching tv is used to work on the car.
well said bro, good luck!
Old 01-29-09, 08:14 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/dri...e-build-2.html

here is a link in the "drift" section of the forums. The reason I'm throwing it in here is b/c there is some good conversation about wiring between Epik and Myself.
Old 01-29-09, 08:43 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Epik
I feel for you on the wiring. On my 1G I went so fanatical on the wiring removal that I actually de-pinned the un-needed accessories wires out of the harness plugs. On the engine harness too.. Came up with over 25lbs..

Keep at it man, keep the faith.
pics of your v-mount.
Old 01-29-09, 08:52 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Awesome thread. How I wish Toyota offered a sport variant of the GS with the V160 and maybe LSD. Would have been very competitive to the E39 540I sport at the time.
Old 01-29-09, 02:38 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSteg
Awesome thread. How I wish Toyota offered a sport variant of the GS with the V160 and maybe LSD. Would have been very competitive to the E39 540I sport at the time.
for some reason I have LSD. I have to look at the diff. to find what its out of but it locks up pretty good.

ElitistK... V-mount? I do plan on doing one but I don't think I've said anthing about it yet.
Old 01-30-09, 09:43 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

ElitistK... V-mount? I do plan on doing one but I don't think I've said anthing about it yet.
Elitistk is psychic. naw, haha i went back and re-read the post to find something bout a v-mount, i thought i was nutts when i didnt see it
Old 01-30-09, 11:52 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

^^^^ haha I thought so... A little update I should have pics tomorrow. I finally have everything on order that is needed to finish the tranny swap. I'll hopefully have the Auto out by sunday. Also I have decided to commit to a single turbo conversion. The twins will have enough to push this big boat around the track but when i think of a high hp 2jz first thing i think is big single turbo. I'm going to keep it small maybe a high boost hp of whp 600 on E85 but keep it around 500 for the track. I have most of the harness ready to be pulled out of the car. the HVAC system is gone and out of the way. still lots and lots of work to be done.

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160