Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-09, 08:26 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet looking forward to it....
Old 01-31-09, 10:47 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some more work done. more then 90% of the body harness is out of the car and in a hep under the car. Its heavy! I have some of the stock twins off. I'm waiting to do the under car stuff until tomorrow when i go after the tranny. More parts showed up. Everything for the clutch pedal install is here except the clutch pedal. How ironic!? I'm not doing to bad for being one guy working 2-3 hours every other day. some pics

engine pics before tear out.

FMIC

look ma' no wires

engine pic 50% done with turbo/ac/ tear out

Sneek peek at the new wheels

Rob

Last edited by ExileLakai; 01-31-09 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-31-09, 11:02 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Nice progress. I wonder what shoes those are.
Old 02-02-09, 10:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
engine pics before tear out.

while your doing all this work....y not make a battery tie down instead of the zip ties? hehehe

she's looking good though
Old 02-02-09, 05:41 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ cuz he is solar powered now. lol.

At the ur going this project should be done in no time.

Old 02-02-09, 06:35 PM
ChrisT88
Rookie

I got half way through this thread before realizing it's a recently started project. I hate that. Can't wait to see the results!

I also hope to god my NA-T GS300 doesn't weigh anywhere near 3900lbs! The advertised curb weight online was 3550. I'm hoping to get it down to 3300-3400 without it showing too much.

Btw, my rear end also seems to lock up pretty good too?
Old 02-03-09, 01:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dRo15
^^^ cuz he is solar powered now. lol.
hahaha
Old 02-10-09, 10:39 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

A very little update... I just picked up a engine hoist today. I have to get at least some kinda of tires of the new wheels in order to get the car out of the garage a little so I can pull the engine. It just made more since pulling the engine so I can reroute the coolant lines, tranny swap and clutch line install. Plus the wiring for the engine will be a little easier while the engine is out of the car. Also when I get the engine out I'm going to send it over to get the cage put in. After that there will be a pretty sizable wait until I'm fully ready to drop the cash in order to finish stage 1 of the build. Which will put to at least 500whp. Stage 2 will be a huge turbo Stage 3 is motor build and 1000+ hp but thats a year or so down the road.
Old 02-11-09, 10:18 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

A very little update... I just picked up a engine hoist today. I have to get at least some kinda of tires of the new wheels in order to get the car out of the garage a little so I can pull the engine. It just made more since pulling the engine so I can reroute the coolant lines, tranny swap and clutch line install. Plus the wiring for the engine will be a little easier while the engine is out of the car. Also when I get the engine out I'm going to send it over to get the cage put in. After that there will be a pretty sizable wait until I'm fully ready to drop the cash in order to finish stage 1 of the build. Which will put to at least 500whp. Stage 2 will be a huge turbo Stage 3 is motor build and 1000+ hp but thats a year or so down the road.
sounds good will wait for the next set of pics/installments
Old 02-14-09, 07:03 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

well i picked up some bo bo tires to go on the new rims so I can lower the car and move it around and I can get the engine hoist in front of it for tomorrows open heart surgery. I'll have the whole engine and tranny out tomorrow and I'll get it at least have the auto tranny off. I can't put the 6spd on b/c I have been having problems with titan motorsports not being customer friendly and getting the parts I order three weeks ago here on time but they are coming finally. So I'll have a pic update of tomorrows engine pull.
Old 02-15-09, 09:48 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

well I got the engine pulled but not without a problem. see when i bought the engine hoist(off craigslist) it didn't come with chains. well my dumbass had some 800 pound capacity straps (2) total capacity 1600) and said they'll work... well they did until the last little bit. I was about to put a hand truck under the motor and one of the straps gave out.... then the other so the motor fell roughly 2 feet down onto the turbo side. Luckily it hit one of the legs of the hoist first which exploded the hoist's cast iron wheel. But that meant some of the energy was dispersed not causing block or head damage. the front turbo cracked right in the middle and the oil pan has a pretty good dent in it but for the most part I didn't come out of dropping the engine too bad.

oh and the straps would have held if I had mounted the first one right. I hooked it right under the engine hook so when the strap was loaded it was rubbing against the hook causing it to fray and break. I had a feeling it might happen... i double wrapped it but the end result is what happened. At least the good news is i was pulling of the turbos anyways i just can't sell them now.

now for the pics.

Last edited by ExileLakai; 02-16-09 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-15-09, 09:49 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

front turbo in half! now i have a tri-turbo 2JZ....
Old 02-16-09, 01:07 AM
jacksonvp
Pole Position

Damn, that's unfortunate. I was in the same boat as you tonight as we unloaded a 3.2 E36 M3 motor tonight for a buddies car. No chains, just puny ratchet straps.

Just gotta hope :P
Old 02-16-09, 07:15 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

its ok. I already had visions of another swap in the back of my head. I orginally wanted to do the compound turbo kit Boost Logic just came of with. Pretty sick kit. They making 20 psi of boost at 2800 rpm with full power at 4K on a NA supra motor. Sick... But costs around 7k after paying for shipping. Plus the fuel system upgrade I would have to do to support it plus ECU and tuning. It would cost me an arm and a leg to do all that in the amount of time i want the car back up and running. So I will say the new motor will be a Cough cough chevy cough cough. Sorry to do it to you guys but its defiantly the poor man way to HP. So the engine with all the wiring is up for sale now plus the brand new tranny. Just for the price of the tranny I'll be able to buy an LS2 6.0l with the 6 speed tranny. Do i think I'm doing a injustice to the car. Hell yes but I just want to drive and the Ls2 is the quickest, cheapest, easiest way to achieve that.
Old 02-17-09, 11:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

be a interesting swap...seen the chevy ls2/ls1 in many things but never a gs. my mechanic travis got one in his rear wheel drive civic hatchback its sick. i'll post some pics l8r..

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160