Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-09, 06:01 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just one question, since you ripped everything out and that was your plan, why didn't you buy a salvage from the yard? You would have saved your self the frustration and a ton of money comparied to what you paid for that turbo mag glorified GS

Sick build though
Old 02-28-09, 06:45 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Just one question, since you ripped everything out and that was your plan, why didn't you buy a salvage from the yard? You would have saved your self the frustration and a ton of money comparied to what you paid for that turbo mag glorified GS

Sick build though
1. You don't know what I paid for it.
2. I had thoughts of ripping the car apart but didn't think I would actually go through with it.
3. It had a running 2JZ-GTE VVTI motor in it.
4. stuff happens....

thanks for the complement.

Last edited by ExileLakai; 02-28-09 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-28-09, 07:08 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
1. You don't know what I paid for it.
2. I had thoughts of ripping the car apart but didn't think I would actually go through with it.
3. It had a running 2JZ-GTE VVTI motor in it.
4. stuff happens....

thanks for the complement.
So how much did you end up paying for it Last price posted was 22k

But you're right, stuff does happen and we need to make the best of it
Old 02-28-09, 10:04 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

not even close to 22K
Old 03-02-09, 09:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

or I'm thinking of flat murdering it out!
omfg i been asking someone to flat black their gs since i been a member...
DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Old 03-03-09, 06:47 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Well guys the car is still down getting the cage. I figured out a different direction to go on the brake setup. I checked toyota and a supra brake booster and master is going to cost 1200!!! yikes. plus finding a good used one is pretty hard to come by. solution you ask....
http://www.cncbrakes.com/

I'm now going to do floor mounted hydro clutch pedal, dual hydro brake pedal with front and rear bias adjustability, floor mounted gas pedal(haven't decided on hydro or not.) So yeah this car is going more and more full track car everyday. I mean like having a cage isn't enough haha... I bet there will never be a GS like mine on these boards never!!!! There can be only one!!!! haha there you go maybe I should name the car Highlander! bawhahaw Here we are born to be kings!!! we're the prince's of the universe!!!! doawnt da doawnt

ok I'm done with my blowout. haha

Last edited by ExileLakai; 03-08-09 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-04-09, 11:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Well guys the car is still down getting the cage. I figured out a different direction to go on the brake setup. I checked toyota and a super brake booster and master is going to cost 1200!!! yikes. plus finding a good used one is pretty hard to come by. solution you ask....
http://www.cncbrakes.com/

I'm now going to do floor mounted hydro clutch pedal, dual hydro brake pedal with front and rear bias adjustability, floor mounted gas pedal(haven't decided on hydro or not.) So yeah this car is going more and more full track car everyday. I mean like having a cage isn't enough haha... I bet there will never be a GS like mine on these boards never!!!! There can be only one!!!! haha there you go maybe I should name the car Highlander! bawhahaw Here we are born to be kings!!! we're the prince's of the universe!!!! doawnt da doawnt

ok I'm done with my blowout. haha
rob u r sick and have to much free $$$ but i still give u props...

thinking back on it...u know what color u should do? flat black white a pink cage....and rip that dash outta there
Old 03-04-09, 03:08 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
rob u r sick and have to much free $$$ but i still give u props...

thinking back on it...u know what color u should do? flat black white a pink cage....and rip that dash outta there
haha your funny. ohh and about that free $$$..... $h!!!!!!t I don't have a lot of that. I'm just lucky I am where I'm at in this point in my life where I can do something I've dreamt of.

Flat black with a flat pink cage!!! YES!!!!
Old 03-05-09, 07:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

haha your funny. ohh and about that free $$$..... $h!!!!!!t I don't have a lot of that. I'm just lucky I am where I'm at in this point in my life where I can do something I've dreamt of.

Flat black with a flat pink cage!!! YES!!!!
i try... no i doubt you do have alot of it after BUYING this car, moving, tearing car apart, buying tranny, dropping engine (ouch), buying new motor, etc im sure alot of free $$$ gone at the moment!

hey atleast flat black with a flat pink cage would attract attention....and give them one more thing to either love or hate about on your chevy powered gs hows the coming btw....? u get tranny and/or old motor sold and new motor ordered
Old 03-05-09, 08:03 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
i try... no i doubt you do have alot of it after BUYING this car, moving, tearing car apart, buying tranny, dropping engine (ouch), buying new motor, etc im sure alot of free $$$ gone at the moment!

hey atleast flat black with a flat pink cage would attract attention....and give them one more thing to either love or hate about on your chevy powered gs hows the coming btw....? u get tranny and/or old motor sold and new motor ordered
you must have missed it a few posts ago. I found a T78 kit for fairly cheap so the 2JZ is staying and I've Xed the LSX plan at least for now. haha

Last edited by ExileLakai; 03-07-09 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-05-09, 08:13 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

anymore updates??
Old 03-05-09, 06:31 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G2low
anymore updates??
Car is still down in AZ get the cage welded in.
Old 03-06-09, 07:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

you must have missed it a few posts ago. I fond a T78 kit for fairly cheap so the 2JZ is staying and I've Xed the LSX plan at least for now. haha
oh no i saw that...i just assumed you were putting the t78 on the chevy making a huge laggin beast but now i gotcha!
Old 03-08-09, 06:16 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

a little update, I ripped everything out of the back of the dash. the passenger side air bag has to weigh close to 20 pounds by itself. heavy plus the a/c ducting and what not.

I talked to forest about the cage today. I should have the car back next weekend. he had to take out the front windshield to weld in the front gussets which is fine with me it will be easier to paint now. Did i mention the cage is being TIG welded? It should be a pretty nice cage when its done.

rob
Old 03-08-09, 08:05 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

If you don't pull your fenders...you're not going wide enough!

It was nice meeting you at David's pad! This Car's gonna come out Gangster!

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160