Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-09, 09:19 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160

Updates everywhere but cage pics can be seen on page 11

well ok guys If any of you saw my first thread. I'm the one who bought "Jonny Tran's" mag car.(Come to find out so more shotty work was done) and that I was moving to Vegas before I could get the build underway.

here is a link to my introduction thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ab-stance.html

Pics will be up soon they are loading on photobucket as I type.

I just got done with the move from Florida to Las Vegas last weekend. Love it here already. I'm in a pretty good part of town next to everything so me likes.

Tuesday I took the car to a C.A.T. scale at TA trucker stop I-15 exit 33 to get the car weighed. With everything inside seats, amps, box, all the wood in the truck. The GS tipped the scales at 3940lbs. YIKES Yeah it was that fat. full tank

Wednesday I proceeded with the strip. Back seat came out, rear door panels, rear audio, and carpet. So pretty much everything from the front seats back was ripped out. Which will be up for sale. Once the front seats come out I'll have almost a full black interior FS except the dash. Plus the audio/visual.

Took it back to the same scale Thursday to find out I supposedly took off exactly 400 pounds. 3540lbs. I think they round up or down to the 40 mark or something I don't know but I think that was kinda odd. Full tank My plan is to get the car down into the 2800's with a cage. Wish me luck

I had to stop at that point before I went any further because there was a track event that happened today that I wanted to go to before I ripped everything out. The car did pretty well considering it still has the Aristo 2JZ auto attached to it but I can't wait for the V160. 01 Aristo turbo tranny will be FS soon also

The car will go up on jack stands tonight until the V160 swap is complete and more weight reduction happens. Also a full cage Is going it and hopefully I can find a company to make lexan windows for the car.

I order a freshly rebuilt V160(supra 6spd) Transmission from Titan Motorsports and it should be hear on Tuesday along with the IS300 manual conversion parts from L-Tuned. I can't wait to have the 6spd in the car it will make driving the car a dream.

I also want to make an announcement about Houston's shop SGP and Johnny Tran's craftsmanship. IT SUCKS!!! When I took the carpet up I found the body harness of the JDM Aristo and the body harness of the USDM GS spliced in using speaker wire to bridge the gap with only twisting the wires together and electrical tape. Also the rear deck looks like a grinder went to it to make bigger hole for the D&D 12in sub. Just horrible work. I haven't taken pics of everything yet but I will and I do intend on airing their dirty laundry. NEVER take your GS there for an Aristo swap or for anything else for that matter.

as of 9:16 pst I have 30of39 pics uploaded this thing is slow haha

Last edited by ExileLakai; 03-14-09 at 08:06 AM. Reason: link
Old 01-17-09, 10:37 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

how the car looked before the strip.

I took the screen out... I have to find it. It might be a Florida...

the hole where the Airrunner tank used to be in.

After I was done this actually went up a full inch. I now have 2inches between the finder and the rim lip instead of 1.
Old 01-17-09, 10:38 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Back of the box

The last one for now is a pretty crappy pic of what I have to deal with. SGP's Fup's
Old 01-17-09, 10:56 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I really hope you don't gut the interior. An original black interior white exterior GS is extremely rare.

I'm excited to see what you have planned for this car but wouldn't it be easier to find a cheaper GS to tear apart? It seems like you're tearing apart everything but the engine.
Old 01-18-09, 01:01 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck on the build and keep airing out sgp and tran lol.
Old 01-18-09, 07:28 AM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrispy
I really hope you don't gut the interior. An original black interior white exterior GS is extremely rare.

I'm excited to see what you have planned for this car but wouldn't it be easier to find a cheaper GS to tear apart? It seems like you're tearing apart everything but the engine.
Yeah... I'm sorry some of the GS loyalist will have a problem with this but If you knew some of the back story about this car then you could come to understand why I am doing this.

The more I rip the car apart the more I feel I made the right decision. Repainted body panels, things just done halfass, etc I'm pretty surprise that it still runs... really! Plus with a salvage title resale value is crap which is why I got it so cheap. Also knowing what I know now about the car I just wouldn't feel right selling it to a unsuspecting buyer. There is a method to my madness everyone so just bear with me if this is painful for you to watch.
Old 01-18-09, 02:25 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

you selling the spoiler? or any other parts off that thing?
Old 01-18-09, 02:47 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ExileLakai
When I took the carpet up I found the body harness of the JDM Aristo and the body harness of the USDM GS spliced in using speaker wire to bridge gap with only twisting the wires together and electrical tape.
Wow!!
Old 01-18-09, 04:36 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like it's going to be one hell of a transformation! I can't wait to see the final product.
Old 01-18-09, 07:06 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
you selling the spoiler? or any other parts off that thing?
nothing exterior is being sold unless I get a sponsor and they want the car to wear their body kit or whatever but as on now its just going to be the trans, interior, and audio/visual.
Old 01-19-09, 12:30 AM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

You got a grip of spaghetti up in there. Good luck.
Old 01-19-09, 10:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

good luck.....i guess restoring her to better condition then abusing her...
Old 01-19-09, 09:28 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just looked at this again and I really like the exterior look! Good luck with the build and it'll be great to see it finished!
Old 01-19-09, 09:44 PM
ExileLakai
Pole Position

Just to get a show of hands. who would like solid subframe bushings? I have a friend that owns a machine shop and i might have him make set. But it would be cheaper for me if I could get 5-10 in on them also so he isn't setting the machine up just to make one set. This would be for the more performance minded people since it would hurt ride quality a little for heaps of performance advantages. When my tranny gets here tomorrow. Fedex is late should have been here saturday! I'm thinking of dropping the subframe and start developing them. Just a thought. Any takers

*Mods if this does go down I would become a vendor before I took orders.
Old 01-19-09, 10:23 PM
jacksonvp
Pole Position

My plan is to get the car down into the 2800's with a cage.
Wow, thats pretty extreme, more power to you if you can bring it down that far, maybe strip the rear doors to skins and bolt them to the body, shave the sunroof... but thats still not going to yield too much I would think. Especially adding a proper cage (going to weigh alot because you have to brace a 4 door chassis instead of a little hatchback.)

By all means I am no expert, and it would be awesome to see you hit 2800, but that would be very extensive.

Goodluck, V160 would be awesome

-Jackson

Quick Reply: GS4 track car build gets underway, 2jz, V160