Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE intake mani questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 07:11 PM
velella
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTE intake mani questions.

hey guys, i have a 99 gs300, i just bought a GTE intake manifold. it has the gte iac, tps, and map sensor, on it. will these stock gte parts be able to be used with my engine. and if any problems or anything please explain.

heres my set up- xspower t-61, aem fi/c. those are the basics.

and i know the intake manifold wont just bolt to the lower runners thats not my question here and that i am having modified to fit. i need to know about the other little things, i have never delt with the vvti GE only the non vvti since ive had 2 na-t supras in the past.
Old 01-25-09, 08:42 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the plugs on the vvti ge plugs straight into the vvti ge in all parts of the throttle body assembly.

it sounds like you got the non-vvti gte throttle body; i suggest selling it and get a vvti gte throttle body unless you're going standalone
Old 01-26-09, 07:07 AM
velella
Driver

i havent seen any vvti gte intake manis for sale, thats my problem. would it be cheap to just get the vvti sensors? i just gotta see what i need and if it will bolt up to the same manifold.
Old 01-26-09, 10:45 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

the vvti throttle bodies of both version is drive-by-wire. even if you get the sensors for the vvti, you still have to find a way to control the IAC, and find a way to keep your stock ecu happy.

your only option is to 1. get a standalone 2. get a gte vvti tb 3. retrofit your ge vvti tb to work with your gte manifold

Last edited by ElitistK; 01-26-09 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-26-09, 11:44 AM
velella
Driver

hmm.. i wonder how hard it would be to retro fit the na throttle body to fit it.....
Old 01-26-09, 12:07 PM
velella
Driver

wait, i just went out and looked at the vvti throttle body. its not throttle by wire. it has a normal throttle cable on it. the cruise controle i believe is mounted on the side of it tho and thats throttle by wire but it has a normal throttle cable just like the non vvti's
Old 01-27-09, 10:15 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by velella
wait, i just went out and looked at the vvti throttle body. its not throttle by wire. it has a normal throttle cable on it. the cruise controle i believe is mounted on the side of it tho and thats throttle by wire but it has a normal throttle cable just like the non vvti's
the ge vvti is a drive-by-wire w/ throttle cable system. the gas pedal moves the accelerator pedal position sensor via throttle cable, which then sends that information to the ecu. the ecu will then move the throttle control motor according to tps, maf, o2 sensor reading, allthatcrap, etc.

cruise control is also controled by the ecu via throttle control motor; no separate throttle wire unit.

same goes with vvti gte.

someone retrofitted the vvti ge tb on a gte-style manifold on my.is. it looks like crap. don't do it.

just get a standalone and call it a day.
Old 01-28-09, 08:01 AM
velella
Driver

imma just say skrew it for now i think imma just do the install with the na mani until i can find a gte vvti in the future!