Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

rpm limit questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 06:40 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rpm limit questions

hey, ok i know some of this has been covered before, but i have a couple of questions. With the brian crower stage 2 cams and race spec bearings (what is a good brand?)...what is a reasonable rpm limit one could achieve? also how do you go about getting the ecu re-flashed, and about how much would that run?
Thanks
Old 02-05-09, 06:48 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well first, if you're going to get the cams (as i plan to also) get the whole spring and retainer kit as well from them. It's another 300 bucks but it's worth it as your stock stuff is probably worn.

as far as rev limit, i would think that would be more based upon your rotating assembly (i.e. crank rods and pistons mainly). I wouldn't expect a 2jz NA-T to go much higher than maybe 8k rpm if there was a way to do it?

As far as ecu reflashing by that point youre better with standalone, i dont know if there's anyone around that can do that for our cars. Youre in SC, and like RI i'm sure there are plenty of performance shops around, just none that'll touch a late model lexus.
Old 02-05-09, 07:07 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
well first, if you're going to get the cams (as i plan to also) get the whole spring and retainer kit as well from them. It's another 300 bucks but it's worth it as your stock stuff is probably worn.

as far as rev limit, i would think that would be more based upon your rotating assembly (i.e. crank rods and pistons mainly). I wouldn't expect a 2jz NA-T to go much higher than maybe 8k rpm if there was a way to do it?

As far as ecu reflashing by that point youre better with standalone, i dont know if there's anyone around that can do that for our cars. Youre in SC, and like RI i'm sure there are plenty of performance shops around, just none that'll touch a late model lexus.
yea..i know what you mean...also...for ppl that have done internal work, and have a higher rev limit...did you have to change your harmonic balancer? if not, any idea how high, rpm wise, its good for?