Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

FI/C help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 12:40 PM
velella
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI/C help!!!

hey guys, i just got my fic -8 in the mail and have some questions. theres like 100 wires with this damn thing and i just want to know what is the minimum wires i can use to get it working correctly. all i want to do is controle the fuel and the o2's for now. i can go back and do more wiring in the future when i want to play with timing and the other stuff, but i just want to know if it would work fine if i only used some of the wires for this. and if it would work, what ones would i have to install. ill be starting out with stock injectors so i dont think ill need to install each injector wire but i cant be sure.
Old 02-06-09, 05:28 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

well it already comes with alot more wires than you will ever need, because it comes with all the wires for hall and MAG style cam/crank position sensors. anyways...our cars are MAG, but they wire up in a weird way on our cars.... just when you get that far post back and someone will let you know how to do it. anyways...you need the 02, maf, 6 of the 8 injectors, cam and crank pos. sensors, TPS...and pretty sure there is something else...from what i remember its everything but the analog signals that you need.
Old 02-06-09, 05:32 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

like, right now im completely hooked up and i didnt use almost half of the wires...just take it slow..and solder and heat shrink everything!!! trust me you do not want to use connectors...i learned the hard way! (and yes...ppl told me that and i thought i could get by and they were just saying that...but first hand i can tell you it really is a necessity..you will learn VERY quickly that you really cant cheap out/get out easy with a turbo setup)
Old 02-06-09, 08:29 PM
velella
Driver

thanks, and im a budget build guy, have been on both my 2 na-t supras so dont worry about the cheaping out part! lol. but yea im going to set it up in the next day or so, but i cant take the car off the road so i need to be able to keep driving it. so a 1 day install of it is needed.
Old 02-06-09, 09:00 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

1 day of install including the turbo? or just the fic?
Old 02-06-09, 09:09 PM
velella
Driver

ok can someone explain how they wire up weird? whats with the crank sensor. i figured out alot of the wires and am just getting things ready for a fast install with it, but there are a few wires that dont line up right with the instructions and crap.
Old 02-06-09, 09:22 PM
velella
Driver

no one day for the fic, and one day for the turbo. the turbo is no problem cause ill have it ready with the fic installed, intercooler hung, some of the intercooler piping ran, and all the stuff pre ready for install, so that will only take a few hours to drill the oil return and bolt things up! but i need help on the wiring of this thing, ive only installed safc's before, so i can wire fine, but i just cant figure out these instructions.
Old 02-07-09, 10:33 AM
velella
Driver

anybody? i was told that it was a crank mag sensor, and in the instructions it says theres 2 wires to cut and splice, but on the wiring diagram theres only 1(e2-23) . lol.. im so confused on that part.

anyone have a phone # i can call and just ask some questions? its little things like that i just want to find out.
Old 02-07-09, 10:57 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to call AEM and have them help you. If not, look at jefftsai's diy site and he has a full pinout available. what I would recommend to you, if you haven't explored this yet, is the boomslang.us harness, acts as a bridge so you don't have to hack up your oe harness, just wire the FIC into that and its a quick plug and play.
Old 02-07-09, 11:27 AM
velella
Driver

ill call aem i guess. and i dont need a boomslang, i can wire good enough to not have to worry about it.
Old 02-08-09, 09:09 AM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

ok...so now I'M confused....lol right now im running my fic with no o2's (it just works so much better that way..lol what is the downside to that?) anyways for whatever reason...im having to subtract fuel from my MAF table to get it to run how i want it....um...has anyone else had to subtract fuel like that?
Old 02-08-09, 09:36 AM
velella
Driver

your having to subtract fuel because of having no o2's. the car is protecting itself by running a little rich on purpose. if you can get the o2's working than there shouldn't be a problem with that. remember to rich = fouled plugs, to lean = things melting! and can anyone tell me how they wired up the crnk signal? in my past 2 posts i explain how im confused, and no one will answer this
Old 02-08-09, 11:32 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by velella
your having to subtract fuel because of having no o2's. the car is protecting itself by running a little rich on purpose. if you can get the o2's working than there shouldn't be a problem with that. remember to rich = fouled plugs, to lean = things melting! and can anyone tell me how they wired up the crnk signal? in my past 2 posts i explain how im confused, and no one will answer this
i already told you, check jeff's DIY site, http://www.projectgs.com/diy/

somewhere on there he has the pinout diagram for the ECU, just look for the cam/crank sensor.
Old 02-08-09, 12:14 PM
velella
Driver

that doesnt answer my question. on the instructions from aem it says for a mag set up, there are 2 wires that you have to splice. but on the pin out there is only 1. that is my confusion!
Old 02-08-09, 12:16 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

well the FIC that works for our cars is a universal one. is it possible that there may only be one wire for our cars?

Quick Reply: FI/C help!!!