Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

alright guys i decided to go turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 08:38 AM
orlando628
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alright guys i decided to go turbo

im just worried about the computer=/ im not planning to boost more then 8lb. what computer will allow me to run turbo on my car? every help will be great

remember im not doing no more then 8lb
Old 02-10-09, 08:47 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by orlando628
im just worried about the computer=/ im not planning to boost more then 8lb. what computer will allow me to run turbo on my car? every help will be great

remember im not doing no more then 8lb
There are no turbo applications for this car, it won't safely handle 8 lbs of boost, and there are no standalone computers to control the engine either.

If you want to turbo a car, buy a different car.
Old 02-11-09, 07:55 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny how he decided he's going to turbo it, when there's no application for it at all.
Old 02-11-09, 08:51 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

lmao!!!!!!!1
Old 02-12-09, 03:06 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

jerk - -
first all i thought u mite be able to do it since you could super charge the car.
but i guess imma have to just buy the supercharge kit from someone thx anyway
good luck finding one
Old 02-12-09, 05:01 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kurtz
There are no turbo applications for this car, it won't safely handle 8 lbs of boost, and there are no standalone computers to control the engine either.

If you want to turbo a car, buy a different car.
thats the only thing holding me bacjk from buying this car
Old 02-12-09, 05:28 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

I guess I will fan the flames a bit too.

Here's a Supercharged IS250 prototype from S. Africa. I am still waiting to learn more details from this shop.

http://www.rgmotorsport.com/html/newsworthy.html
Old 02-12-09, 06:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ John let me know please when you get more info from them. I wonder how much they will want for this kit and how they got the HP out of it? Very interesting to see the IS250 pushing that hard

OP: you can boost this car but there is no kit so you would have to go full custom. I would boost over S/C if the option was there. You can get the kit from LMS buty they do not stock it anymore. Its 5k though and not worth the minimal gains IMO. If you could duplicate what John posted from this IS250 then I would jump all over it. Find someone to build a kit for you, S/C or Turbo, and call it a day....
Old 02-12-09, 06:03 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

^^ nice find
Old 02-12-09, 07:09 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

jerk - -
first all i thought u mite be able to do it since you could super charge the car.
but i guess imma have to just buy the supercharge kit from someone thx anyway
in case you didn't know, this isn't hondatech; supercharger kits aren't selling like hotcakes in the 2is classified section.

i've personally seen two applications (LMS and tom's) on is350's; neither are cheap, and neither are straight-up bolt-on's. both require some additional work to make the kits functional. LMS no longer retails their supercharger kit, and the tom's kit is very, very expensive - and iirc needs the japanese ecu to work properly with the supercharger.

if you're really serious about this route, good luck.
Old 02-12-09, 07:32 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I guess I will fan the flames a bit too.

Here's a Supercharged IS250 prototype from S. Africa. I am still waiting to learn more details from this shop.

http://www.rgmotorsport.com/html/newsworthy.html
That was originally posted a while ago... and still nobody seems to know anything about what they did.

They only got 141 hp stock, which is insanely low (should be more like 170-175)

Then they made 248 hp on boost.

It's simply impossible to add 107 hp on the amount of boost the stock engine could handle. You'd have be running like 12-13 pounds minimum.

Now, if you assume they just found an uber-low dyno run for "stock" to make their results look better, now they're adding more like 75 hp... which they might be able to manage with something like 8-9 lbs of boost and a thicker HG and/or alky/meth/water injection.

But if you're expecting a simple bolt-on kit for a couple grand to add that power, I've got a nice bridge to sell you.

It's gonna cost, minimum, 2-3 times the cost of just adding 102 hp by trading a 250 in for a 350.

(assuming it ever goes on sale)
Old 02-12-09, 08:54 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

alrite guys i found a company that make plug and play wiring kit for aem f/ic piggyback if they could make that imma tune the car how it is now for a month if it work my cousin law going to look into turboing it so he gonna run piggyback first if this company in mo called boomslang could make me the wiring so i could use the piggyback and tune car with no problem i have my figure cross tomorrow i should find out i'll keep u guys posted certain ppl tune there isx50 so imma do it myself with my cousin law
Old 02-12-09, 09:23 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Question... what is "imma"?
Old 02-13-09, 04:40 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

alrite guys i found a company that make plug and play wiring kit for aem f/ic piggyback if they could make that imma tune the car how it is now for a month if it work my cousin law going to look into turboing it so he gonna run piggyback first if this company in mo called boomslang could make me the wiring so i could use the piggyback and tune car with no problem i have my figure cross tomorrow i should find out i'll keep u guys posted certain ppl tune there isx50 so imma do it myself with my cousin law

AFAIK there are no standalone computers that can tune direct injection engines.

That includes the stuff AEM sells.

None of which is terribly important as tuning the engine won't help you.

TOMs in Japan can tune the JDM ECU directly (no additional computer needed) and they still can't safely run more than 5.8 lbs of boost on this engine due to the exceedingly high compression ratio.

And they require 100 octane fuel to even run that much boost. WITH tuning.
Old 02-13-09, 10:24 AM
orlando628
Pole Position

maybe lol. imma try to get the piggyback to work either way not wry about the turbo now oncei have the computer working i'll post the pic i already have the company working on my wire harness

Quick Reply: alright guys i decided to go turbo