Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno Result (01 GS430): SRT intake w/Race ECU

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-09, 07:30 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
^ I would have been happy with the number above! So, GS FONzy, I've been asking people about the NEO and SRT... no response and no number published. I will be getting my drink on at TGIF in Elk Grove CA. That'll make me feel better until SS headers install.
You still didn't let us know gear and fuel ratio

The reason no one has supplied numbers is because it has yet to be done. You have read the warnings I mention to other members saying they want to go this route etc... So you already have the information and should have an idea on the issues you will have to address if you want to tune your car successfully with a SRT pipe and Neo.
Old 02-20-09, 07:34 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
You still didn't let us know gear and fuel ratio

The reason no one has supplied numbers is because it has yet to be done. You have read the warnings I mention to other members saying they want to go this route etc... So you already have the information and should have an idea on the issues you will have to address if you want to tune your car successfully with a SRT pipe and Neo.

It was ran on SRT supplied ECU...I don't know the fuel ratio. As for the gear, I didn't ask...

As far as the NEO + SRT... I don't foresee any problem as the SRT supplied ECU is nothing special that the NEO can't do and more.
Old 02-20-09, 07:41 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Sam...I would first make sure that your plugs, air filter and O2 sensors are in top shape. Then re-set the ECU (by disconnecting the neg battery terminal), then drive it like you stole it for 30 minutes...then get a dyno. Your numbers should be higher. I remember my baseline...it was around 253whp with just a K&N intake, Borla rear section exhaust and Torque Master spark plugs...then I threw on the Neo and had it tuned and I arrived at a "hair" under 270whp (I think it was something like 269.4) on the dyno.

When I installed the SRT intake, I took off the battery for atleast and hour. I installed a brand new Torque Master Plug...I drive like I a bat out of hell every day...it's just my nature. And I've already mentioned that it feels really sluggish compared to stock..especially at WOT.
Old 02-20-09, 07:44 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sam430
It was ran on SRT supplied ECU...I don't know the fuel ratio. As for the gear, I didn't ask...

As far as the NEO + SRT... I don't foresee any problem as the SRT supplied ECU is nothing special that the NEO can't do and more.
Ok then, good luck, but I will tell you "I told you so" when you come back saying you could not do it
Old 02-20-09, 07:46 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Ok then, good luck, but I will tell you "I told you so" when you come back saying you could not do it

Are u saying that you've tried this setup before?
Old 02-20-09, 07:57 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

You should PM Bliggity tell him I told you to PM him about SRT+NEO.
Old 02-20-09, 08:12 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

He did mention in the thread that he messed up. Could mean that he couldn't get it to work. It could be made to work if the ECU is running in series to the SRT ecu. (I'm not going to do that....maybe).
Old 02-20-09, 08:28 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Wow, that's way too outside the box for me, hope you can get it to work. Since you have read my comments and some of his issues, I am sure you know what you are up against.
Old 02-21-09, 12:31 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as far as SRT pipe with neo:

stock intake: 2.75"

SRT pipe: 3.5 (?)"

therefore a 27% increase in pipe diameter, thus 27% increase in air volume, add 27% fuel, and you will be good.
Old 02-21-09, 06:45 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSJake
Wow..I would have thought you would have gotten more out of it, well if your calculations are correct you lost HP and TQ..

I was going to get one of these for my first engine mod..no I am reconsidering...
Can't say for sure if he lost power. We don't know if his base line numbers were low to begin with. 234rwhp is around what is common for most people's stock base line. But every car is different even on the same type of dyno.
I've seen on here stock base line #'s from 225rwhp- 245rwhp. And a TQ can inflate the rwtq #'s.
Old 02-21-09, 08:44 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Can't say for sure if he lost power. We don't know if his base line numbers were low to begin with. 234rwhp is around what is common for most people's stock base line. But every car is different even on the same type of dyno.
I've seen on here stock base line #'s from 225rwhp- 245rwhp. And a TQ can inflate the rwtq #'s.
I was meaning torque when I said TQ.. you?
Well I am going exhaust, and intake for sure.. maybe headers down the road. I still feel that maybe the SRT is the best plug and play option.. as I am not going NEO.
Old 02-21-09, 10:15 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSJake
I was meaning torque when I said TQ.. you?
Well I am going exhaust, and intake for sure.. maybe headers down the road. I still feel that maybe the SRT is the best plug and play option.. as I am not going NEO.
I knew you meant torque I was just adding in that the hi stall torque converters can inflate tq numbers. I agree that SRT is a good plug-n-play if you don't want to hassle w/ tuning the S-AFC/NEO
Old 02-21-09, 11:17 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
I knew you meant torque I was just adding in that the hi stall torque converters can inflate tq numbers. I agree that SRT is a good plug-n-play if you don't want to hassle w/ tuning the S-AFC/NEO
I am thinking if i get all that done I can always have SRT reprogram the fuel map for me with all my mods done. Anyone here ever had that done?
Old 02-21-09, 11:25 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that's way too outside the box for me, hope you can get it to work. Since you have read my comments and some of his issues, I am sure you know what you are up against.
in addition to my post regarding piping diameter, I'll add to fonzy's sentiment.

I'm going NA-T and some research on my FI/C has led me to believe this statement very much:

If you try and fight the factory ecu, you WILL NOT win.

The FIC is nice because when implemented properly it can use the factory ecu to it's advantage, letting the factory processes that work well do their thing and tricking the ecu to acheive the desired result in other things.

The neo honestly flat out does not have the capability to do this. The SRT ecu takes into account only the SRT intake. Any other performance mods are not included in their programming. Are we seeing the problem here?
Old 02-21-09, 02:42 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

There is a way to have your SRT chip reprogrammed with you car. You can have it tunned at SRT after your mods. I think you can sent them some dyno info and they may be able to do it remotly... don't quote me.

Quick Reply: Dyno Result (01 GS430): SRT intake w/Race ECU