Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Which is more reliable?
Weapon-R
28.17%
SRT
71.83%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

GS Products: WeaponR vs. SRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-02, 08:28 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink GS Products: WeaponR vs. SRT

lets see how many srt people we got on the board and how many weaponR

BTW this just goes for the

intake
ecu
heatshield/cold airbox

which do you think is better?

Why....

and no BS like "its better because someone said so"

actull facts.

Last edited by CamRen; 03-05-02 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-05-02, 09:36 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmmm..... Which is more reliable ? Well i have had my SRT hfi/ecu for almost a year with ZERO problems . How about you Weapon R guys ? No check engine light ever . Better gas mileage was a big plus but i assume all intakes will do that . Fit was great and the instructions were to the tee .

Camren - How the dyno sheet look ? I assume your car has been dynoed because you have the safc . You have an exhaust as well . So our cars are similar in a way .

I'm definetly going to get my car dynoed when i make the switch to the race ecu . Then we can compare numbers .

Flame suit ON !
Old 03-05-02, 10:05 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I could be apart of this poll however, becuase WEAPON R never sent me my order that I placed 2 weeks ago, I have NO products to compare. To make matters worse, I've left 2 messages and sent 3 e-mails with no replies. So, all I can say is......."Screw" WEAPON R. SRT has my vote!

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 07-29-04 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-05-02, 11:21 PM
RacingAristo

LXO,

Talk about poor customer service....

CamRen,

Not many people have tried both SRT & WR products. I've had SRT setup since day 1. I'd give it a B or B+. The reason it doesn't receive A is that I'm not sure if the heat shield is working or not. After a long drive, the heat shield gets really hot and it doesn't seem to block the heat away from the engine. Also it'd be better if SRT could offer cold air box with intake/ecu.
Old 03-06-02, 08:20 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Like it or not. IMHO, Weapon R is just like Microsoft XBox to me (new, and claiming better performance, better looks, etc), SRT is like UNIX to me, been around longer and is proven to work. SRT has been out for Lexus for more than a 2 years, and was the only company really offering ANYTHING for Lexus. Now Weapon R has the air box cover, etc, but they haven't proven themselves to me to get their product for my $50K vehicle. If it was an old honda beater, I wouldn't really fuss, but my lexus? I don't think so.

I also don't think it is cool for those with Weapon R, or SRT to bash each other. It will all come out in long run. Let the facts speak for themselves.

Lee
Old 03-06-02, 11:41 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

yeah ive been hearing about weaponR's service.... suks...

my car is still in the shop...
as soon as i get it back im gonna install the intake and my custom cold airbox... (both are sitting in my room right now) im gonna see how everything goes and let yall know.. wish me luck! and lets hope i wouldnt have to call weaponR for any help.

cya
Old 03-06-02, 03:43 PM
enginyr
Banned

no comment....
Old 03-06-02, 03:54 PM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by enginyr
no comment....
then why you even bothered to post here?
Old 03-06-02, 03:57 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by RacingAristo

then why you even bothered to post here?

Hasn't your mother ever told you, if you don't have anything good to say......Don't say it at all?
Old 03-06-02, 04:00 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by LexCiting

I also don't think it is cool for those with Weapon R, or SRT to bash each other. It will all come out in long run. Let the facts speak for themselves.

Lee
All I have to say is AMEN to that.. My 2 cents is I called Leo twice and left both my office number and home number and he claims he couldn't get through to me.. I was already to place my order but when it comes to me spending my money if I can't get good customer service then why bother.. As for SRT I have only emailed Mo once about HRE wheels and he was very quick about returning my email which I appreciated.. As for the SRT intake i'm not sure so I will reserve judgement.. I might just go down to my local autoparts store (Canadian Tire) and order a K&N FTPK intake and call it a day for the GS..

Ken
Old 03-06-02, 04:53 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
I wish I could be apart of this poll however, becuase WEAPON R never sent me my order that I placed 2 weeks ago, I have NO products to compare. To make matters worse, I've left 2 messages and sent 3 e-mails with no replies. So, all I can say is......."F^^K WEAPON R. SRT has my vote!
One more thing... it was LEO aka (HKG HARRIER) who PM me and told me they had intakes and Cold-air box's in stock for my car. So I call him, place the order, get the club discount, and get nothing!!! What a joke...
Old 09-13-02, 01:43 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm still waitin on my order from SRT that i placed about a week and a half ago, just spoke to moe today and he said:

"that's how backed up we are"

*sigh*.. so i'm waitin on my Racing ECU upgrade in the mail..
Old 09-13-02, 01:52 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

I've had both and tested both. Power difference is def noticeable. The SRT pulls so much harder then the weaponR. And it sounds great. SRT got my vote.
Old 09-17-02, 01:17 AM
98GS300
Driver School Candidate

How can i get a hold of SRT to place an order? Do they have a website or is there a #?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 09-17-02, 01:37 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

their website is

http://www.swiftracing.com

Quick Reply: GS Products: WeaponR vs. SRT