Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger for IS & GS 300 from TRD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-02, 09:58 AM
RacingAristo

Steve,

Any word from TOM'S?
Old 03-28-02, 10:53 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis - I just spoke with the TOM'S guy in the USA and they said there was nothing....hehehe...as soon as he knew it was me, he just started blurting out "There's nothing new on the SuperCharger..."
Old 03-28-02, 11:28 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Manaray the inside-man knows everything you know, and knows everything else that you don't know and even alittle more than that
Old 03-28-02, 11:33 PM
RacingAristo

Ahhh.... how long do I have to wait? I don't want to start the transmission mod before I finish the engine mod.
Old 03-29-02, 12:50 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I don't know nuthin'! Fahgetaboutit!

My homie over at APEX has been telling about the PowerFC system them have...damn tempting to try a hybrid piggyback ECU thingy...Blitz also has similiar unit with more resolution but I don't know if the extra resolution will help...the APEX unit has a cool optional handheld adjustment unit (kinda like the Lexus C-BEST system)...have a setting for street, another for pure speed, another for fuel economy, another for....

DAMN IT! Why couldn't Lexus just seperate the engine management portion of the ECU from the other junk! And publicly post a full schematic of the ECUs and how to tap into them! HUH? HUH?!

What sucks about the developments in Japan with TOM'S and Blitz is that there is no guarantee that it'll work with our US cars...

Old 03-29-02, 08:54 AM
made_in_japan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 Supercharger

A bit late but count me in on a s/c if it happens!
Old 03-29-02, 04:48 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
I don't know nuthin'! Fahgetaboutit!

My homie over at APEX has been telling about the PowerFC system them have...damn tempting to try a hybrid piggyback ECU thingy...Blitz also has similiar unit with more resolution but I don't know if the extra resolution will help...the APEX unit has a cool optional handheld adjustment unit (kinda like the Lexus C-BEST system)...have a setting for street, another for pure speed, another for fuel economy, another for....

DAMN IT! Why couldn't Lexus just seperate the engine management portion of the ECU from the other junk! And publicly post a full schematic of the ECUs and how to tap into them! HUH? HUH?!

What sucks about the developments in Japan with TOM'S and Blitz is that there is no guarantee that it'll work with our US cars...

No market for a car sucks. If we drive Supras and RX7s which feature the same engine, tranny, and ECUs, then there wouldn't be any problems. V300 is popular in Japan still but turbo engine is different from the V8, and the L6 S300 Aristo isn't popular. Even the ECU harness for Japanese spec Aristos won't fit because of different number of pins.

And Toyota ECUs are a b*tch to hack. Not to mention throwing VVT-i in there. ECU cracker's nightmare (and the nightmare isn't over yet.)

What's with OBDii, O2 censors, etc.etc. Can't we just have a full mechanical car? but that'll be junk.
Old 03-30-02, 10:36 AM
v300
Lead Lap

Regarding the Power FC, it doesn't have an auto tranny map.
Old 03-31-02, 07:19 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

I agree with steve, that rumor has been around too long!!
Old 05-30-02, 05:46 PM
Nasty
Driver School Candidate

Any news on this?
Old 05-30-02, 06:03 PM
RacingAristo

Mike,

How about GReddy E-Manage system? However, I won't do any ECU mod until I have forced induction because the performance gain doesn't seem to worth the money for NA car.
Old 06-01-02, 07:46 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

I'm in for a GS 400.
Old 06-21-02, 05:38 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey u guys....
well, i know someone that makes the superchrgr kit for IS300/GS300/400...in southern cali. the shop is called
"AREA 51 FABRICATION". thy just came out with a new kit
for this june/july with more hp to gain!!!....i spoke with them
recently and their old kit will run around 6000-7000. dont remember how many hp gain, though. thy use vortech superchrgr and all their kits are intercooled, not watercooled. if you guys are interested, give them a call for more details.
at: 805/278/3841 and ask fr Bill or John.

but if you here anything more about tht kit fm TRD, count me in!!!
i've got a 1996 gs 300......
Old 06-25-02, 11:11 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Area 51

I talked to Area 51 about 3 months ago and they do have a Turbo for about $7000. I'll call and find out about a supercharger tomorrow and I will post what I find out.

By the way, I talked with Toysport and a V300 engine swap will run about $7000 for it just to be stock, BUT you will have 320 at the rear tires. After that the sky is the limit.

Until I have a spare $7000 and can go without my car for a month or two, I'll be saving my $$$.

By the way Area 51 is in Orange County in Califorina and Toysport is about 20 minutes away from LAX in California also.

Take care
Chaskim
Old 06-26-02, 08:13 AM
RacingAristo

chaskim,

$7000 includes labors and parts?

Quick Reply: Supercharger for IS & GS 300 from TRD