Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharger for IS & GS 300 from TRD

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-02, 08:28 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RacingAristo

Troy at Toysport wasn't to clear on the parts part, I think thats what he meant for it to be just a stock 2jz gte swap. If I wanted more HP out of the swap then it would just be up to me and how much $$ I had. The engine alone was $4500. So I guess for a stock swap $7000.

At Area 51, it was about $7000 but I have a 300 and the horse power was close to a 430 or 400. So I thought about it for a second and when I get bored with my car, its a 2001, I'll do the Toysport swap.

If you want number I can hook you up just email me, I'm about an hour an half north of LA. We should hang one day.

Peace
Chaskim

PS
Calling Area 51 later to ask about a Supercharger
Old 06-26-02, 08:52 AM
RacingAristo

chaskim,

I thought about engine swapping before and did some calling around my trusted shops. Basically it breaks down to engine, labor, extra and total is around $9000 for basic engine swapping, no fancy NOS or tweak. (I may talk to him to do some extra tweak without charges, who knows) One thing concerns me is the reliability problem. Though I trust my car with my shop 100%, it would still be my first time to do engine swapping. Granted, 2JZ-GTE is originally from Toyota but several friends of mine have convinced me "not" to do it because of my previous reason.

I have a 01 GS430. If I wanna do the swapping, I'll trade it in for a 98 or 99 GS300. Any idea where you are going to sell the stock head clip?
Old 06-26-02, 03:43 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hm...

i am just saving my pennies right now....
Old 06-26-02, 08:16 PM
RacingAristo

If I could find some place to sell my 3UZ-FE clip for a reasonable price, I will have enough to do the swapping which doesn't mean I'd do it. Probably save the money for next car. A man can't have too many cars.
Old 06-26-02, 11:14 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default AREA 51 supercharger

RacingAristo
I called and Area 51 is working on a IS supercharger at a lower price but that a conversation to get it to work with mine is no problem. I really don't want to lose my e shift.

Have you talked to Millen Motorsports. I think they have a supercharger for 430 and 400. Check this link:

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/gs_400/supercharger.htm

Cya
Chas
Old 06-26-02, 11:18 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Angry

Don't think it's ever gonna happen... Every time you call RMM, they tell you that it is going to take two weeks. Now it seems that ever since uprd got bought out and abandoned their gs supercharger project, rod millen has also. Guess it's gonna swift racing's supercharger...
Old 06-27-02, 07:14 AM
RacingAristo

chaskim,

I spoke with Craig couple times. RMM doesn't have anything for 430 except maybe exhaust and bodykit, not even intake.
Old 06-30-02, 07:54 PM
v300
Lead Lap

chaskim,

good luck with toysport.
Old 06-30-02, 10:00 PM
RacingAristo

v300,

Haven't seen you on the board for quite awhile. How's your car?
Old 06-30-02, 10:55 PM
v300
Lead Lap

RA,

New career... busy. Ranked #1 for June. Level10 needs to get there act straight because they screwed up two of my torque converters.

...got into a bike accident 3 weeks ago near work. it was a hit and run. thank goodness for the salespeople from house of imports that saw the incident.

toysport owes me a remaining $3250.00 in settlement agreement. They are not paying up and I have to waste my time filing small claims in Torrance tomorrow to collect the rest of the sum. joel luz still doesn't get it.
Old 07-01-02, 01:34 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by v300
RA,

New career... busy. Ranked #1 for June. Level10 needs to get there act straight because they screwed up two of my torque converters.

...got into a bike accident 3 weeks ago near work. it was a hit and run. thank goodness for the salespeople from house of imports that saw the incident.

toysport owes me a remaining $3250.00 in settlement agreement. They are not paying up and I have to waste my time filing small claims in Torrance tomorrow to collect the rest of the sum. joel luz still doesn't get it.
what's up v3, long time no see.

darnn sorry to hear about ur accident. Glad you sound okay. Near work? House of Imports? Don't tell me you work for Shelly BMW

Hope things work out with Toilet Sport. :eek:
Old 07-01-02, 01:56 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by v300
RA,

Glad you where not seriously injured man!!!
Great to have you back!!
Old 07-07-02, 10:36 AM
TRDGS3
Driver

As we all know Swiftracing makes the supercharger for the GS 400 and are in the works for the 300...Toyomoto (Miami) makes turbo for the GS 300 for about 15k with no work to the transmission...Area 51 fab makes a supercharger for the GS 300 but they have to install it because of the whole tunning thing (they are the only ones that know where it should be...and its not set)...in regards to the TRD supercharger...it wouldn't be covered by a factory Lexus warenty...do to the fact that it is a race compoent...this is true with the LSD and the Torque converter...but hey im in....i want one...keep me informed please....
Old 02-06-06, 12:57 AM
XBS1
Driver

So ... no trd superchager
Old 02-06-06, 01:35 AM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Wow. This is such an old thread. This certainly brings back a lot of memory. Maybe the MOD can somehow "reactivate" RacingAristo and merge my current account under it.

And to answer your question, no TRD SC for GS.

Quick Reply: Supercharger for IS & GS 300 from TRD