Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

AFC Neo in Gs400 HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 06:46 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFC Neo in Gs400 HELP!!!

Ok guys,

I did a search and saw GS Fonzy's thread about this install but Im still confused.

I hard wired my neo in using JeffTsai's ecu pinout values and the T10-e diagram in the install manual.

the only thing i saw different with the two was the tps signal wire. so after i rewired that mix up. i thought i was golden.

problem is now when the car is running the rpms on the tach vs the rpms on the neo vary alot.

rpm on neo is usually half of the rpms on the tach.

what did i do wrong?????

i have it set up for

8 cylinders throttle ^

hotwire 1 in 1 out single in single out

rev 8000 (since you can only choose 6000 or 8000)

sensor readings are at ignition on:

IG 11.12v
In1 .48 v
In2 .01 v
Thr .60 v
Out .48 v

sorry if this has been discussed before i used search and couldnt find any help.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-09, 01:26 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

come on guys 17 views an on one has any ideas?
Old 04-06-09, 01:50 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If I can find my pin-out sheet that I used (from my local public library; official Lexus documentation) I will post it up for you. I did not hardwire mine in at all; I left the guess work out and sent the manual from the Apexi Neo and the pin-out sheets to Boomslang and 2 weeks later came my custom PnP harness. Worked fine for me. I'll try to help all I can if I can find them.
Old 04-06-09, 02:09 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
If I can find my pin-out sheet that I used (from my local public library; official Lexus documentation) I will post it up for you. I did not hardwire mine in at all; I left the guess work out and sent the manual from the Apexi Neo and the pin-out sheets to Boomslang and 2 weeks later came my custom PnP harness. Worked fine for me. I'll try to help all I can if I can find them.
yeah i read your install thread and want to put it in the same location as you did. i just didnt have the money for PnP harness right now.

thought i had all the right pin-outs. the neo is on and its getting the right signals to it. its just the rpms are off.

did i set it up right?

what sensor settings are you using? hotwire or pressure?

how many sensors in and out?

i have them set at 1 each.

thanks for the help.
Old 04-07-09, 06:50 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another post on the wiring they look the same.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...r-gs-400s.html

How off is your tach? If car tach is at 2,000 what is the NEO rpm reading

Since you have Hot wire -13 From the manual. I believe your in/out number is 13 (the sensor #) in13/out13

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-07-09 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-08-09, 04:43 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Another post on the wiring they look the same.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...r-gs-400s.html

How off is your tach? If car tach is at 2,000 what is the NEO rpm reading

Since you have Hot wire -13 From the manual. I believe your in/out number is 13 (the sensor #) in13/out13
its off by half constantly. so at 2000 on the tach the neo is at 1000. if im at 3000 its at 1500. etc etc.

ill try the 13 in and 13 out setting on the hot wire and let you know what happens

thanks
Old 04-08-09, 06:02 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

hmm...well, I didn't do any of the tuing myself so all that sounds foreign to me but I have messed around in the settings area of the Neo and it sounds to me like there is an issue with an interval setting; since your getting exactly half of the actual RPMs.

I DO REMEMBER one KEY thing though...I remember when the guy was dyno tuning my car he said that the Neo did NOT have a setting (input) for 8 cylinder engines so he mentioned he had to use the 4 cylinder setting and double it somehow for the Neo to respond correctly. Sorry such a broad statement but like I said before I don't know anything about tuning. GL man!
Old 04-08-09, 10:49 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

ok I think I figured it out from what you said rock.

I put the engine to a 4 cylinder

Hotwire in 2 out 2

Rpms are pretty much the same now.

Can you do me a favor an go to your etc menu and check if yours is the same?

It shouldn't change any of your tune settings if you don't press any of the arrows. Just use the far right down to select engine and far right up to cancel out of the menu.

Same thing for sensor hotwire.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-09, 11:17 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well looking at both diagram pictures the above diagram shows the RPM signal located on the E2-27 pin. The T10e shows the RPM pin as E5-16. Have you tried wiring both pins to see which gives you the proper output?
Old 04-08-09, 12:05 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Hey ultra vip maybe you should do a diy afc neo, so when i get mines i can just follow yours.
Old 04-08-09, 12:23 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Well looking at both diagram pictures the above diagram shows the RPM signal located on the E2-27 pin. The T10e shows the RPM pin as E5-16. Have you tried wiring both pins to see which gives you the proper output?
Thanks for pointing that out rising_sun. I didn't notice that the s-afc t10e diagram points out a different rpm signal wire.

The neo install manual doesn't have the gs400 in it the closest was a 1uzfe celsior and that t10-e diagram was exactly the same as jefftsai diagram except for the tach signal. So when I get home from work I may try it, unless my conclusion of how its setup now is right.

Denut just pm me when you get yours and I'll help you with any problems you run in to if I can get mine figured out first that is. LOL
Old 04-08-09, 07:15 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
ok I think I figured it out from what you said rock.

I put the engine to a 4 cylinder

Hotwire in 2 out 2

Rpms are pretty much the same now.

Can you do me a favor an go to your etc menu and check if yours is the same?

It shouldn't change any of your tune settings if you don't press any of the arrows. Just use the far right down to select engine and far right up to cancel out of the menu.

Same thing for sensor hotwire.

Thanks.

Great! I'm glad that did the trick. I wish I could help you more but my Neo is temporarily out of commission due to my stupidity.lol

The DAY I got my headers installed I was messing around with the Neo while parked; just looking at the settings and instead of exiting out, I hit something and the car instantly turned off and would not start again! To add insult to injury I was on line at the car wash with 10 cars in front and 10 cars behind me. Yeah, talk about embarassing, I had to break out the tools (luckily I had my Lexus tool kit), put my hazards on and disconnect my harness from my ECU, then plugged everything back in stock form. Started her back up with no problems but I definitely screwed something up with the pre-header tune I had.

So needless to say it is disconnected and I made an appointment this weekend at the local dyno shop for a re-connect and re-tune - post headers.
Old 04-08-09, 08:34 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Great! I'm glad that did the trick. I wish I could help you more but my Neo is temporarily out of commission due to my stupidity.lol

The DAY I got my headers installed I was messing around with the Neo while parked; just looking at the settings and instead of exiting out, I hit something and the car instantly turned off and would not start again! To add insult to injury I was on line at the car wash with 10 cars in front and 10 cars behind me. Yeah, talk about embarassing, I had to break out the tools (luckily I had my Lexus tool kit), put my hazards on and disconnect my harness from my ECU, then plugged everything back in stock form. Started her back up with no problems but I definitely screwed something up with the pre-header tune I had.

So needless to say it is disconnected and I made an appointment this weekend at the local dyno shop for a re-connect and re-tune - post headers.

thats sucks! but at least you had your tools and the PnP harness to quickly return the car to stock.

Can you please write down what setting you have in the ETC section when you go to the dyno this weekend?

Ill just need to verify its

4 cylinder ^ throttle

hotwire 2 in 2 out single single

that way i know im at the right start point when i put mine on the dyno. dont want to blow up. lol

no one knows how to use a neo around here so ill be doing my own tuning on the local dyno.
Old 04-09-09, 12:22 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
Thanks for pointing that out rising_sun. I didn't notice that the s-afc t10e diagram points out a different rpm signal wire.

The neo install manual doesn't have the gs400 in it the closest was a 1uzfe celsior and that t10-e diagram was exactly the same as jefftsai diagram except for the tach signal. So when I get home from work I may try it, unless my conclusion of how its setup now is right.

Denut just pm me when you get yours and I'll help you with any problems you run in to if I can get mine figured out first that is. LOL
Did you try the 13 in/13/out. I did the wiring for my GS430 and found out comparing SRT's ECU wiring ( since I know there's work)and Apex's wiring, Apex uses the RPM signal coming from the ignition wire and SRT uses the RPM signal going to the RPM gauge. I just checked JeffTsai's RPM wire location and it is the same location as in the SRT's ECU's.
I tried both connections on mine and and did not see any noticeable difference. So I went with the Apex's RPM signal wire I just think it is a better choice.
Old 04-09-09, 06:18 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Did you try the 13 in/13/out. I did the wiring for my GS430 and found out comparing SRT's ECU wiring ( since I know there's work)and Apex's wiring, Apex uses the RPM signal coming from the ignition wire and SRT uses the RPM signal going to the RPM gauge. I just checked JeffTsai's RPM wire location and it is the same location as in the SRT's ECU's.
I tried both connections on mine and and did not see any noticeable difference. So I went with the Apex's RPM signal wire I just think it is a better choice.
i tried 8 cylinder up throttle hotwire 13 in 13 out single single but it didnt change anything. =(

i had to do 4 cylinder up throttle hotwire 2 in 2 out single singleand that made the rpms run the same.

i dont thinking the # in # is actually the sensor number of the car but the multiplyer.

so the way our ecu works it runs each side of the V-8 seperately. so in essence 2 x 4 cylinder engines. thats why it runs a 4 cylinder motor and you have 2 in 2 out single single to multiply that reading twice and it gives you total rpms for the engine. sounds weird but it works.

Quick Reply: AFC Neo in Gs400 HELP!!!