Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MEGAN OE-RS CAT BACK exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09 | 04:13 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

I like the look of that exhaust! The burnt tips get a thumbs up, and it looks much better than the tips of the Greddy.

Do we know if this set-up (midpipe + exhaust) is comparable or louder than the axle-back HKS Hi-Power?
Old 04-23-09 | 10:45 AM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by montgb
I like the look of that exhaust! The burnt tips get a thumbs up, and it looks much better than the tips of the Greddy.

Do we know if this set-up (midpipe + exhaust) is comparable or louder than the axle-back HKS Hi-Power?
i have the whole set up and i removed my cats
and no its not louder then the hi power just a little less but has a deep rumble
Old 04-23-09 | 02:57 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by montgb

the OE-RS system (oops. meant to say drift spec. -projectdna)looks like HKS hi-power knock-offs. only difference is the burnt tips and the two-piece system design (vs. three for HKS).

the midpipe + axleback is going to be obviously louder than the HKS hi-powers. of course, if you run midpipes w/ hi-powers, then both will be equally loud.

Last edited by projectdna; 04-23-09 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-23-09 | 03:58 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
the OE-RS system looks like HKS hi-power knock-offs. only difference is the burnt tips and the two-piece system design (vs. three for HKS).

the midpipe + axleback is going to be obviously louder than the HKS hi-powers. of course, if you run midpipes w/ hi-powers, then both will be equally loud.
wtf?

first of all knock off? buddy dont talk unless youve actually seen them both side by side in person, they dont even sound the same and with my full cat system its still not as loud as JUST the axle back Hi powers
Old 04-23-09 | 04:17 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
the OE-RS system looks like HKS hi-power knock-offs. only difference is the burnt tips and the two-piece system design (vs. three for HKS).

Hmm - I don't know about one being a knock-off of the other. They don't look alike at all.
Old 04-23-09 | 06:09 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

i was thinking about the drift spec system megan offers when i made that post.

back to your regularly scheduled program.